What a difference 6 rounds make!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This time two months ago I had almost had enough of the negativity this website was pushing out, the doom and gloom, the Lowe bashing it permeated every single post and it really was as boring as **** (to be honest)

2 months later with 8 points "in the bank" from a possible 12 it's all positive....there's hardly a negative sentiment in any of the dozens of threads that are on here.

We have had a new forum, and it seems a "new life".

And as a first we now have a Sea Eagles employee coming on here on a regular basis (you just have to love Larissa she's boots and all).

Life couldn't get much better could it.

Let's just hope it keeps up, and as I read the other day on Twitter 2011 has a "2008 feel about it".....yes life could get better.....beating Melbourne 41-0 in October!

Lets not get ahead of ourselves Mark but I am pleasantly surprised with our season to date the young blokes are stepping up and all is going well. A few re signings and maybe a blue chip purchase and possibly a neew sponsor for 2012 and you will have Ryan expressing more man love for Mr Lowe

I like it Mark, you are a "glass half full" type of guy. I was predicting and 0-4 start and like you are happy with the way things are going.

Two teams at or near the top of the table have really not been tested as they have had wins against teams in the bottom 8: Brisbane and Manly.

I'm not convinced about Brisbane, the only half decent team they've played was NQ who they lost to in the first round.

We are yet to be tested, our wins have come against losing teams.

North Queensland in a few weeks time will let us know how he are travelling.

Before the season began we were about 12th or 13th favourite with the bookies. Currently we are 7th at about $14, and are now way shorter than many other clubs that started as well favoured teams. Such as Roosters for example. Warriors, Eels. Canberra. Also Titans. We have had a tremendous start, and because of the youth factor in our team we can expect to get better and better. Probably won't peak this year, but the next two years after that we will be a major threat for sure. All we need is a decent ground and some sponsors.

Crusher said to me after the 2008 GF..."soak this up mate it may not happen again for 5 years" (Noel and I have been great mates since we were MUCH younger, he lived up the road from me).

Well 5 years would be 2013, with a shot in 2012....I am liking what we are doing......but yes Jonesy a couple of losses and the negative nancies will be back!

I agree that some people get a little too negative but as we are all Manly supporters I would hope we can be a little honest with each other. For example, talking to mates who supporter other teams I'd never admit any weakness or doubt any player or coaching strategy. I would defend us to the hilt just like I'd expect them to do the same, but amongst my fellow sea eagles bretheren, I think its OK to not have to keep up that level of "patriotism".

I'll bring some negativity for good measure tomorrow :)

Mark from Brisbane said:
This time two months ago I had almost had enough of the negativity this website was pushing out, the doom and gloom, the Lowe bashing it permeated every single post and it really was as boring as s**t (to be honest)

2 months later with 8 points "in the bank" from a possible 12 it's all positive....there's hardly a negative sentiment in any of the dozens of threads that are on here.

A loss or two and the glass-half-empty minds will be out in full voice.

Rex said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
This time two months ago I had almost had enough of the negativity this website was pushing out, the doom and gloom, the Lowe bashing it permeated every single post and it really was as boring as s**t (to be honest)

A loss or two and the glass-half-empty minds will be out in full voice.

Isn't that in and of it's self a "Glass half empty" statement?

Being Manly supporters we expect to win and be up the top all the time. To be honest if we had played with more control we should be on top of the table, that Souths loss was not one we expected or banked for. However in view of most supporters thoughts prior to kick off we have done very well and the big factor in peoples optimism is the improvement we know is coming as these young blokes get more experience.

Mate the team is going reasonable well. Well done DES.

Lowe still hasn't delivered sponsorship wise. A few good ideas on giving away memberships. But I bet my balls he hasn't done jack for the clubs finances. He still has a lot to prove to me. He's not convinced me he has the ability to be a CEO or senior executive.

Jerry the negative stuff earlier in the year wasn't all about or restricted to, Graham Lowe...I remember in the two week prior to kick off almost ever thread was negative negative negative...and I was just saying "what a difference 6 rounds make". I'd also agree with Rex, if we get beaten by the Panthers, and then the Cowboys the following week the forum will go down the same line.

Which is a pity as we have had an excellent start to the year and we can't (and won't) win every game, even the front runners have lost some games (and will lose more).

I just think we have a fair bit to be positive about, 10,000 members for the first time ever, a committed Sea Eagles staffer who is coming on here and posting (again a first) and most of all we are doing well on the field. In my opinion the other stuff (sponsorship etc) will follow, if we are successful that will improve as well.

As the old saying goes Success breeds Success. And I for one can't wait until another premiership comes our way. Be it this year or in years to come

I applaud the membership manger for coming online here. The most positive thing the club has done since it had it's own forum which mr lowe closed down.

No great loss now as the censorship got stupid towards the end. Lowe couldn't take criticism. That is the great thing about this place. You can have your say without the politically correct non performers editing and removing your posts.

Mods can you take the bit out about Lowe not taking criticism!!

Just kidding Jerry...I agree it's good that you can say what you like, and it is the way it should be, but I can also see Graham's view that it should not have been said and displayed on www.mwse.com.au . Where I think they went wrong there is a few people should have been made moderators and been able to clean that stuff up a bit, it works a treat over at the Panthers forum (and let me say they slag off big time about Elliott) and no reason it wouldn't had they kept the forum alive at mwse....BUT...dead it is and long live Silvertails as a result.

Dan does a fantastic job with Silvertails and my continued aim is to get a closer working relationship between him and the Sea Eagles...he knows the "hard yards" I am putting in to see that happen but it's a case of "small steps forward" rather than seeing it happen overnight.

I'm not sure even Dan appreciates the feeling of community he creates through his efforts, and his offsiders' efforts. Same with you and your team Mark.

The statement that Manly haven't come up against real opposition yet is not quite as I see it. Against the Storm, in my view, we could have won that if we had Matai and Glenn on deck that night. And don't forget that on Monday night the Rabbits played St George almost to a standstill. It was only Wesser's mistakes that got the Goons off the hook. I would contend that with a fit Lyon we would have creamed the Rabbits up on the CC. And if you look at the Broncos they are nothing special. All good this season. No gripes from me.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2