What a farce NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
It is obvious now, barring a heavy defeat tomorrow, we will be playing the cowgirls week 1 of the finals.

This game should be played at Brookie, they will struggle to get a 20K crowd at the SFS and they would certainly get that at Brookie.

Who the hell made this decision, where the out of town Sydney clubs get such a major advantage.

Its just another example of the influence of News limited and the power they have. It must stop under this new commission.

I'm with you, its redonkulous, when home city for some teams is their home ground and others its potentially an away game, ie; if we were to play the Tigers.... JOKE!

It comes about after st merge didn't move their game against Parra a few seasons ago,to the SFS,to get more people in.I'm sure the No Real Leadership's thinking is 25 to 30K at SFS is more profitable than about 22K at Brookie.Pity Manly aren't getting the benefit from the private box $$$s.

I hate Gallop and the NRL administration. They are screwing the game and the sooner we get rid of them and News Limited the better. If Manly get knocked out I won't even bother watching any more footy this year.

NRL = No Real Leadership.

They really are a farce.

Posted this in another thread but

Sept 22 2007 Manly v Cowboys at SFS Knockout semi 32,611
Sept 27 2008 Manly v Warriors at SFS Knockout semi 32,095

That's 2 out of town teams

and it will be warriors.which is good.

sorry.it is cows.didnt watch it.mate told me cowboys won.

thurston always worries us.how did he go last night?

We just need to make sure we pack the SFS out and get behind our boys. While I'm dissapointed it won't be played at Brookie, The SFS is basically our second home ground anyway with the record we have there.

I love the NRL = No Real Leadership.

Big difference being that those 2 were preliminary finals, not sure we will attract that to week 1

On a side note what were the crowds in 2007 and 2008 week 1 at Brookie against Souths and Saints

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Posted this in another thread but

Sept 22 2007 Manly v Cowboys at SFS Knockout semi 32,611
Sept 27 2008 Manly v Warriors at SFS Knockout semi 32,095

That's 2 out of town teams

we will get a good crowd for the semis. Remember the gf!! many came out of the woodwork. Must be good financially for us.

susan said:

Rubbish. Bowen was the only one putting in. Attack was woeful. We'll do em by 50

Thurston is nowhere near right. But he will step up next weekend just watch.

susan said:

Still "mathematically" possible to play anyone from 8th to 6th.Difference between 2nd and 3rd is in our own hands.WHEN (confidence) we win,we have to rely on the rorters to get us the MP.

Just concentrate on the game in front of us. When we play the Cows we will win. They offer very little in attack. Their on line defense is OK, but when they leave high balls to bounce, there's got to be opportunities there.

We'll beat the cows next week. Then we play the Bonkos in Sydney in week 3. It will be revenge for todays thrashing we are about to receive.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7