What an effort

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Not our greatest ever display, but a top effort to hang in there and claim the 2 points. I don't think we could have asked for more to start the season, 2 tough wins against some quality opposition throwing plenty at us, with the side withstanding pressure to guts out a win. Bloody happy with that

Big marks to Donny Singe. A trip to England, across to NZ to play a hard, fast game, and to then back up 5 days later and only use 7 changes is a testament to his regime

Most pleasing aspect is too still be able to add Matai, Glenn and Joe back into the fold

Player wise, cant say enough about the effort of King and Kite up front. Kings 1st half was huge when we were doing it tough, and 2nd half Kite really lifted the troops. Watmough worked all night and **** Tony Williams is dangerous this year. Cherry magnificent in the halves again, looking so dangerous with the ball in hand. Ballin a blinder as well, best all round game from him I have seen from him for a long time.

Great to have 4 points in the bank, and know just how much more dangerous the side can get when you consider that Foran and Brett have been pretty quiet attack wise, Matai is under rated in the attack department and we all know what Glenn can do

Must admit I am getting pretty excited by our prospects for the year

Congrats to Toovey as well, Mr 100%

Yes, well done, but I wish they would close out matches when they have a sizeable lead. My heart couldn't take a full season of letting the opposition back into matches.
But two wins is terrific.
Tooves - perfect record.

My only worry is our pacing throughout the year i.e. the dragons started like a house on fire after how many rounds? then faded away

the key is going to be rep duty and how that will impact us

Origin time will be interesting.

We will lose our whole back row if the NSW selectors have any brains.

Toovey will be alert to that problem, not sure what he can do about it but I'm sure he will try something. The approach he took to the WCC convinced me Toovey had his sights set on the NRL premiership first & foremost.

bob dylan said:
Origin time will be interesting.

We will lose our whole back row if the NSW selectors have any brains.

... and possibly DCE to Qld. He is playing better than Thurston. Cronk to 5/8 . . .
I hope not, for NSW - and our = sake.

King and Kite were brillant. It amazes me when others think they would let those two boys go to fit Darcey in the Salary Cap. Lussick is not in there league. Well certainly not yet by a long way. I hate to say it but I'm still waiting to see the best of the young kid.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Not our greatest ever display, but a top effort to hang in there and claim the 2 points. I don't think we could have asked for more to start the season, 2 tough wins against some quality opposition throwing plenty at us, with the side withstanding pressure to guts out a win. Bloody happy with that

Big marks to Donny Singe. A trip to England, across to NZ to play a hard, fast game, and to then back up 5 days later and only use 7 changes is a testament to his regime

Most pleasing aspect is too still be able to add Matai, Glenn and Joe back into the fold

Player wise, cant say enough about the effort of King and Kite up front. Kings 1st half was huge when we were doing it tough, and 2nd half Kite really lifted the troops. Watmough worked all night and s**t Tony Williams is dangerous this year. Cherry magnificent in the halves again, looking so dangerous with the ball in hand. Ballin a blinder as well, best all round game from him I have seen from him for a long time.

Great to have 4 points in the bank, and know just how much more dangerous the side can get when you consider that Foran and Brett have been pretty quiet attack wise, Matai is under rated in the attack department and we all know what Glenn can do

Must admit I am getting pretty excited by our prospects for the year

Congrats to Toovey as well, Mr 100%

All true but .. SSSSHHHhhhhhhhhhhh... :angel:
:p

I'm loving this. This is guts and determination like I have never seen since 1978. This has Toovey stamped all over this, his will to win is like no other.I am so proud to be a Manly supporter like never before.

Great win and what makes it better is that the media have written us off 2 weeks in a row! Go you good things!!!!

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-match-report/manly-rally-to-down-tigers-with-secondhalf-burst-20120309-1uq7b.html

SeaEagleRock8 said:
They reckon Manly have now been installed as premiership favourites at $6.

LMFAO - how many times did I say to take the $13 on offer from SportsTab two weeks ago? A premiership is never guaranteed, but they were some seriously generous odds.

Last week we showed we can keep our lead @ halftime & go on with it.
This week we showed we can be down @ halftime & get on top by full time.. .. .. ;)

If Manly can cut out the unforced dropped ball (too many tonight) and the referees actually do their job (they imagined plenty of infringements tonight) Manly are gonna be in this comp down the wire. Coaches are important, but as the great Bozo Fulton said, it's all about having the cattle. Manly have the cattle. Des don't.

This is frightening we are better than last year and way better than 2008, Such **** rest of the premiership you have no chance against this juggernaught.

good write up KE. Excellent effort. DCE repeated his effort of last week with a bit extra; likes to shine when the opposite playmakers are supposed to be the superstars. Great games all over the park; Lyon, Watmough, the old engine room.

The errors are just early season stuff. foran's knock on from the scrum mid-field was the start of the tigers comeback.

A special nod to vic mauro (I think); what a beautiful cork he gave ellis; poor bastard.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7