What are your thoughts on this?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stevo

First Grader
Was discussing this with @Spuds Bodyguard the other day. What are your thoughts?

1. Trebojevic
2. Taufua
3. Matai
4. Lyon
5. Hiku
6. Stewart
7. ?

For this to be successful you would have to sign a pretty good half but it does solve the where do we fit everyone conundrum. My obvious doubt is the toll frontline defence would have on Brett Stewart.

Im thinking we wont have Lyon and Stewart by then, maybe they would have retired. Im all for our young guns.
1. T. Turbo
2. Taufua
3. Hiku
4. Matai
5. Gutherson
Im not sure whats going to happen with our halves

Snake would not handle the extra defensive workload at 6. His body is already struggling to cope, moving him would be the death knell of his career.

Trouble with these YARTS is the effect injuries have on them. Pre-season it was going to be a case of "where to we fit everyone in our fantastic backline?" Now it's "who can we play out of position to cover for injuries and defections?"

For 2016 I'd go with
1. Snake
2. Tafua
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Tom T/Gutherson
6. Hiku
7. Carney

Personally I think Hiku has shown a lack of ball playing in the 1 jersey, so I really don't see him at 6. If we were to move anybody there in our current line-up it's Mateo until a proper 5/8th is purchased. Lyon could move there but I think he is too old to change positions now, and no to Snake for the reasons expressed by others above.

We need to purchase a 6 and 7 (or hopefully DCE decides to stay). Carney, Cornish, Townsend, Maloney could all work in our line-up - especially if DCE stays.

Hiku isn't a 5/8.

Moving Snake to 5/8 would be a disaster. He has the skills but is his body up to being in the front line?

Who said we won't have Killer or Snake in 2016? I can see both going around for one more year if they are healthy.

At this stage, depending on who we get to play in the halves (and if we pick up just the one or get 2) I would be inclined to move Killer to 5/8 and play either Gutho or Tom T on the right wing (Jorge on the left) with Hiku in the centres.

1. Snake
2. Taufua
3. Matai
4. Gutherson
5. Hiku
6. Lyon
7. DCE ?????

I'd be happy with (depending on the 7):

1 Stewart
2 Trbojovic
3 Hiku
4 Matai
5 Gutherson
6 Lyon

then

7 DCE / Cornish / Hodkinson / Maloney / Hastings / Travers (please not Carney)

and

14 Taufua (back row and good injury cover for 1-5)

Seems to be some mail about for Richie Myler from the Warrington Wolves, probably a huge step up from the Wolves ( who are average at best) to the NRL, but I suppose a half with experience is better than none!!

Snake would not handle the extra defensive workload at 6. His body is already struggling to cope, moving him would be the death knell of his career.
This - he would be injured a week or two in - but hell whats difference!

Last edited:
Seems to be some mail about for Richie Myler from the Warrington Wolves, probably a huge step up from the Wolves ( who are average at best) to the NRL, but I suppose a half with experience is better than none!!
He's played 150 odd games in super league though mate so he's got a fair bit of experience when you consider he is only 24

Snake has the fullback spot for as long as he wants it for me so no moving him to 5/8 i still think he is one of the top fullbacks in the game and i don't understand he not on top of NSW list . but don't mind just keeping him for Manly only

Yeah I actually think that is what will happen too. Add this

8. Lawrence
9. Ballin
10. Myles
11. Buhrer
12. Sene-lefao
13. Lui

14. Hodges
15. Lussick
16. Starling
17. Symonds

No point worrying about it til after rd 13 when we know if DCE will definitely leave or reconsider staying. After rd 13, will have a much better picture of where we stand in regards to the halves situation.

I see Jamie and Snake playing in 2016 for sure, and will play in their respective positions.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6