What can we expect from the Ox?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I was over the moon when I heard we had signed Orford for 2010, I watch NRL games via the internet and rate him very highly.

Now since then I've been on various forums including our own at the BBC website and a few of you Aussies don't rate him.

The nickname "Awful Orford" has cropped up a few times on this site when I've been trawling through the posts.

Is he any good or is he a player on the slide that's well past his best.

Cheers

P.S Watch out for former Bull Big Sam Burgess in 2010, the lad is absolute class.

His nickname is dwarford.

You can expect lots of 10 metre drop outs and kicks for touch, grubber kicks over the dead ball line and lots of kicks straight to the opposition full back on the full.

He is worse than Jye Mullane.   

joevolcano link said:
I was over the moon when I heard we had signed Orford for 2010, I watch NRL games via the internet and rate him very highly.

Now since then I've been on various forums including our own at the BBC website and a few of you Aussies don't rate him.

The nickname \"Awful Orford\" has cropped up a few times on this site when I've been trawling through the posts.

Is he any good or is he a player on the slide that's well past his best.

Cheers

P.S Watch out for former Bull Big Sam Burgess in 2010, the lad is absolute class.

I hope he achieves for you what he did for us.  Playoffs every year with two grand final appearances and won fantastic win.

Your comp is slower than here - the defense isn't so keen so that will give him that little bit longer to make better decisions. I think the Bulls will do well this year with him.

Hi Joevolcano,
I am tipping it will be a great year for the Bulls. Orford, LeStrange and Hall are all very solid additions to the squad. All played an intergrel part of the 2008 premiership.

Orford....... he is a bit of a mixed bag.
Orford has plenty of knockers, he wouldn't be in the top 3 halfbacks in the NRL but would probably rate around 5th or 6th behind the likes of Thurston, Prince, Cronk and Kimmorley. Orford's strenghths would be his defence and short kicking game. For his size he is a strong little bloke, hence the nickname the Ox.
Orford likes to be the dominant ball player which is also his weakness, he becomes very predictable and can tend to play too sideways once teams catch on and put pressure on him.
I hope the bulls have an established goal kicker and someone with a long kicking game. Orford has a very poor long kicking game, he struggles to pin teams at their own end of the field. His drop outs are terrible and he struggles to make the distance with goal kicking from the sideline.

Ideally the bulls need a 5/8 or fullback that can take the pressure off Orford. Someone who can run plays with the ball in hand and clear the ball with long kicks. His combination with Menzies and LeStrange in attack is a bonus, he should settle in straight away if LeStrange is playing dummy half.

Overall the Bulls could have done alot worse. I look forward to seeing how they go in 2010.

He'll be a star over there - he had one bad year but the whole team played ordinary throughout the year. Manly will struggle more without him than the Bulls will go with him. My prediction Bulls 1st = Manly 6th 

If he spends any time in his garden, particularly at night, someone might steal him.

He'll go alright over there.  I mean in Luke Dorn can top the try scoring list and Michale Monaghan play regular first grade, then Orford should be able to bamboozle some of those dopey Yorkshireman they put in the forwards,

He'll probably win a Man of Steel award to go with his Dally M, which will just prove there is no God.

have a look through some old threads Larry, everyone copped it at one time or another.

larry tate II link said:
The Orford bashing still goes on.. ::) Where is the constant bagging of some of the other underperformers of '09?

The other underperformers didn't win a Dally M and didn't single handedly deliver us a premiership on a silver platter. ;)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4