What do we take out of tonight?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Merdy33

Reserve Grader
Its easy for us to identify the negatives from tonight. But we have a second chance, so I'm now thinking if what we can capitalise on from tonight, and have come up with the following:
1. I thought JSL has only been solid so far this season, but tonight he was very good. A number of offloads that have been missing to date. We need that to continue to establish more go forward
2. I actually thought we started well. Yes, only until their first try, but initially we defended like the Manly of old, and made a few metres, again, something to build on
3. We showed pride in scoring those last four tries - something that appeared to be missing for the first 60 minutes
4. We all saw what happened on our left wing - that can be rectified by making a simple change
5. A lot of the play that contributed to those tries was quite accomplished - we still have good attack in us
6. Lyon's goal kicking - 4 from 4, mostly from very wide out
7. With luck we won't lose whoever plays hooker next week after 20 minutes (by the way, I hope Hodges is OK - he was playing alright too)
8. The performances of Stewart, Matai, Lyon, Foran, TRed, JSL and Lui were all OK
9. We scored 24 points against a red hot side
10. Neither Melbourne or Bulldogs are as good as Souths

Anything else?

The last twenty was constructive, so it ain't over yet :)

How great was Kiler's try - laser precise :angel:

The bus is buzzing with optimism ;)

The Media will write us off completely, so no pressure :)

Choc and Foz have no case to answer IMO :cool:

But gee the ABC Commentators have caughf on about The Echidna Hayne's level of refereeing :cool:

Hayne sucks as a ref. 1st set souths get and he gives a penalty. Milked that help souths get on track

I hope Taufua can come good over the off season and is simply playing injured, because it looks like the dismantling of a great attacking talent at the moment. If he can't sort out these issues under the high ball, we will be losing an incredible attacking threat. Hiku worries me on the wing as well; he lacks speed, and makes no impact rucking it out of our own end helping the pigs out.

Oh anfd another positive is we get an extra Manly game again :D

Email just through from Club for Allianz presales from Mondday

Jerry1 said:
Another loss

Yes, and I share your pain. Most of that was very hard to stomach. But we gave a chance to atone and I'm hopeful that we can apply a few things from tonight to next week.

Q: What do we take out of tonight?

A: According to some...the coach, the players, club management, Greenturd, Smith, Abbott, The Greens, All religion, that dork in the insurance ads, the UN.......................................

I wonder how the game would have panned out if we had Gift, Ferris and Matt playing and they had two Burgess and Luke out and then had their back up hooker injured after 10 minutes. You can't win the Premiership if you lose key players at this time of the year. Matty and Ferris make half of our tackles and you can't cover that when it happens the week before the semis.

Manly won't play their good juniors now and rather stick with an old tired team who are not performing consistently compared to all the other clubs who are playing 18 and 19 year olds to give it some spice and it is starting to show.
Taufua is not a winger but should have be in the forwards from the beginning and could possibly end up being one of the best forwards there. He is too heavy and not athletic enough to jump for the high balls or pounce on them or quick enough.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6