What has happened to the titans?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
I can't put my finger on it, not that much has changed besides rogers not being there, yet they look like the northern eagles.

They have the worlds smallest and Lantau centres I guess but still compare the team on paper vs the team they have fielded the past few years and there isn't much difference.

One thing that was obvious is they have no heart, look at Gallens first try and there was a titans player on the line who didn't even attempt a tackle, I would be livid if that were a manly player.

They aren't getting favourable refereeing decisions this year. Seriously, they were the referees darlings the last 2 seasons, but for some reason not this year.

I'm not buying the Matt Rogers stuff, Matt Rogers was a hog and a liability in defence.

They have signed a lot of big names for next year so i guess there are a quite few players who have been told they are not required for 2012,cant be good for morale

Nathan friend is missing too, very underrated player and scott prince for all his talent just doesn't run the ball or take the line on enough

The Titans had some ****house calls go against them in the first half. But Gallen copped a cpl in the second. Sutton and De Las Heras should never be partnered again.
I really do think Mat Rogers made a world of difference to the side. Defence aside, he ran a great foil for Prince. Bird is not the answer. They seem to be telegraphing there plays, the second phase play is non-exisistent atm.

On the flip side I thought maxwell and James had great games in the raiders game

two wooden spoons heading to the gc this season

ground capacity-they always post good numbers but it looks like bugger all there.same happens here at cowboys all smoke n mirrors,giddy up

Gold coast arent even thinking of this year,they have stated they are waiting for next year which imo is pisspoor for their fans,atleast the sharks dont stop trying,**** as they can be

They have the worst playing roster in the NRL. Therefore they are coming last.

It's that simple.

They actually have a good team on paper, they are just gutless & have no interest in putting any effort in after they got off to a bad start.

They are a plastic club with no heart & the results show that.

Although this new hooker Strama?? has great potential they really miss Nathan Friend. He was the heartbeat racking up 40-50 tackles but his communication & ability to create go foward allowed opportunities on the fringes & out wide where Rogers was an X factor. Apart from that just a filthy attitude. If they played every week like they did against Manly would be in the 8.

Brookvale said:
thier minds are elsewhere. cavil avenue to be precise.
Mate their barred from that part of surfers in a code of conduct aggreement the sign

they were good when they had Friend , Lafranchi & Bailey working their guts out for them in the middle for 80 mins.

Friend and Lafranchi have hardly played. Bull only plays 80mins now instead of 60. he is slightly less effective now days.

Prince is losing it. Campbell when he plays is at 75% of his best.

Cambo said:
Brookvale said:
thier minds are elsewhere. cavil avenue to be precise.
Mate their barred from that part of surfers in a code of conduct aggreement the sign

Anyone who lives on the GC bars themselves from that part of Surfers.

Lismore is a feeder team for the Titans. When they started out, every man & his dog were on them - they were perhaps my second team.

But since the MWTS go up there and they beat us (with the Checcin call) I've loathed them. Plenty of fair-weather supporters up here.

Great to bag the sh*t out of them and even better to see them on last.

Now if I can only get St Benny & Purple Scum battling the wooden spoon with them.

they still have preston running around and signed bailey for another two years, he'll be 50 when he retires.

lots of blokes on the way out who aren't putting in.

Where is the structures to deliver pressure from the lower grades on the 1sts ? It will take time.

So long as GCS dont make irreversible inroads, im not concerned.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4