What has happened to the Wolfman?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rodo

Goldmember
Tipping Member
What has happened to the Wolfman? I used to love his play. Running the ball up, smashing through tackles, playing to the crowd and scoring some superb tries.

Wolfy's big strength used to be that he would run the ball back at 1000 miles an hour not thinking about the collision that was coming up. Invariably he would make many metres even after getting into the collision because of the momentum that he had built up. Sadly he has lost this part of his game and is just making up the numbers now. Case in point, he ran only 26m yesterday. Only 2 other people for either side (including interchange) ran less metres than him. This is no where near good enough.

For mine, either Hiku (with Matai back next game) or Tom T (when he is fit) should take the Wolfman's spot.

He was badly back slammed in the first half and was grabbing his neck after it :(

Wolfie did everything right, given that the play rarely came to either wings yesterday.

Jorge is twice his mass, I'd love to see him take the ball up and give the forwards a rest @:cool:

Also, the game has changed as well. The ideal winger now is Tupu. Tall, fast, strong, acrobatic, reasonable passer, great under the high ball, fearless. Its not enough to be eating raw meat.

The play didn't go to his side very much all day. I was behind the posts. It was very pronounced.

I think it'd fair to say Wolfman is only getting a run because of injury and suspension. Tooves has shown his hand by picking TT, Gutho, Blair and Williame in front of him at various times. He hasn't been particularly bad for us the last couple of games, but he certainly hasn't laid down an irrefutable case that he should be in the top 17 once given that opportunity. He might get one more week when Stevie comes back if Killer plays 5/8 and T-Red goes back to backrow, but if Tooves thinks Feleti is better for the run and plays 6 then Hiku pushes him off the wing.

He's been a great player for us, but as you rightly point out he doesn't break the line like he used to.

He looks very lean to me-maybe it's his diet? That aside, he looks a little apprehensive. Maybe he needs some confidence to settle into the team again. But he will have to lift to hold his spot....if he still has it by Tuesday.

What has happened to the Wolfman? I used to love his play. Running the ball up, smashing through tackles, playing to the crowd and scoring some superb tries.

Wolfy's big strength used to be that he would run the ball back at 1000 miles an hour not thinking about the collision that was coming

The body can only take so much brutal punishment.Wolfy and Matai will probably end up getting transported around in retirement by their partners in shopping trolleys.

I'd still take him over Blair atm. Best is behind him but he hasn't really put a foot wrong since his recall

Depending on how everyone pulls up after yesterday, I can see next weeks team being something like:

Snake, Peta, Killer, Skivy, Jorge, Mateo, DCE, Jake T, Matty, Burgess, Leary, Horo, T-Red. Res - Lui, Mason, Star, Sao.

Turbo Tom is supposed to be back next week but I can see him getting the FB spot in NSW Cup with the Wolf joining him in the reggies on the wing.

Question, would Trbojevic be better off playing FB in NSW Cup or the U/20's? I know he is good enough for first grade but with Manly now having pretty much a full strength backline he might have to bide his time a bit (unless Tooves takes a punt on him at 5/8 to give a full forward rotation on the bench).

Last edited:
Noticed he was back to his old habit of coming out quickly from the defensive line and then missing his man. Have to say I wasn't happy about that. I'd prefer Tommy Turbo or even Blair atm.

Depending on how everyone pulls up after yesterday, I can see next weeks team being something like:

Snake, Peta, Killer, Skivy, Jorge, Mateo, DCE, Jake T, Matty, Burgess, Leary, Horo, T-Red. Res - Lui, Mason, Star, Sao.

Turbo Tom is supposed to be back next week but I can see him getting the FB spot in NSW Cup with the Wolf joining him in the reggies on the wing.

Question, would Trbojevic be better off playing FB in NSW Cup or the U/20's? I know he is good enough for first grade but with Manly now having pretty much a full strength backline he might have to bide his time a bit (unless Tooves takes a punt on him at 5/8 to give a full forward rotation on the bench).
I think he may be better off in U/20's. He needs to be a big fish in a small bowl for a while.
Plenty of attack in the 20's

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7