What I learned from the 4 Nations

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Shoe1 said:
Hiku has improved his ball playing. He did a great job with long balls to Manu - I particularly liked how they isolated Matautia one on one with Manu by keeping the kiwi centre infield and throwing a cut-out pass - this meant that mata got no help from his centre in tackling manu.

We can use this tactic if Jorge is on the wing for us next year. The more we can get him one on one with his opposite winger the better.

How bad is Dylan Walker? Surely the worst performance by an Australian centre ever over 4 games.

Walker was a passenger. He got rag dolled on countless occasions, totally inept performances. Agree with you about Hiku as well, he really stood up and displayed good ball playing skills. Potentially could replace Foz if he decides to pack his bags.

Daddycool08 said:
mickqld said:
Yep no doubt you can see that Manly make footballers not goanna crawling showoffs.

I think the Cessnock Goannas had a pretty good year in 2014.

Stop knocking the knocks.

I would never knock the knocks. My first rugby league experience was sitting on our garage roof watching the Goannas back in the late 60's & early 70's. Used to run down to the big drains behind the old sports ground to get the ball after a goal kick.

mickqld said:
Daddycool08 said:
mickqld said:
Yep no doubt you can see that Manly make footballers not goanna crawling showoffs.

I would never knock the knocks. My first rugby league experience was sitting on our garage roof watching the Goannas back in the late 60's & early 70's. Used to run down to the big drains behind the old sports ground to get the ball after a goal kick.

We must have run into each other.

I used to run the water back then too. It was when the game stopped every time there was an injury. So we young blokes would be allowed to run the water with the first aid guy.

I was there when the Goannas won against Maitland Pumpkin Pickers in 1972 for the first time in 6 years.

I was also at the final against Western Suburbs Rosellas on the try line when Buck Moore busted the line and scored the winning try with seconds to go and then the Knocks progressed to the Grand final and beat Maitland to win the whole thing. That was the first time the Goannas beat Wests in 6 years also.

Cessnock had a great little half back - Les Hannah who was pretty nippy and set up a lot of plays. Every time he got the ball we'd all yell go Hannah. Which of course sounded like Goanna because we'd drop the H.

That was a great year - Manly and Cessnock won their respective grand finals.

The wonderful days of my youth. Thanks MickQLD for the flood of wonderful memories.

Daddycool08 said:
mickqld said:
Daddycool08 said:
mickqld said:

We must have run into each other.

I used to run the water back then too. It was when the game stopped every time there was an injury. So we young blokes would be allowed to run the water with the first aid guy.

I was there when the Goannas won against Maitland Pumpkin Pickers in 1972 for the first time in 6 years.

I was also at the final against Western Suburbs Rosellas on the try line when Buck Moore busted the line and scored the winning try with seconds to go and then the Knocks progressed to the Grand final and beat Maitland to win the whole thing. That was the first time the Goannas beat Wests in 6 years also.

Cessnock had a great little half back - Les Hannah who was pretty nippy and set up a lot of plays. Every time he got the ball we'd all yell go Hannah. Which of course sounded like Goanna because we'd drop the H.

That was a great year - Manly and Cessnock won their respective grand finals.

The wonderful days of my youth. Thanks MickQLD for the flood of wonderful memories.

We lived on Wollumbi rd just near a soft drinks factory & the PCYC across the road. Great days growing up there was only from about 67 - early 73 then we moved to God's country. My brother started following Manly while we were still there just because he hated all the Souffs followers then we won in 72 & the was great to shove it to all the Saints & Souffs hangers on.

bromance alert!!!!! awwwww

I learned that if aust are going to disrespect tournaments and nz...they are going to get beat!

Kevinward777 said:
Shoe1 said:
Hiku has improved his ball playing. He did a great job with long balls to Manu - I particularly liked how they isolated Matautia one on one with Manu by keeping the kiwi centre infield and throwing a cut-out pass - this meant that mata got no help from his centre in tackling manu.

We can use this tactic if Jorge is on the wing for us next year. The more we can get him one on one with his opposite winger the better.

How bad is Dylan Walker? Surely the worst performance by an Australian centre ever over 4 games.

Walker was a passenger. He got rag dolled on countless occasions, totally inept performances.

Did he play?
Surely playing Moylan at the back and The Great Greg at centre would've been better?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6