What I learned tonight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
Firstly congratulations Bulldogs. While sad not to see Manly next week, I feel more positive. The game was played in a great spirit and the better team won just because of better game management.

What I learned:

(1) The Manly spirit was on show tonight.

(2) We lost the game on bad game management. B Stewart should never have taken the field goal attempt and given them 7 tackles. It was never ever on. That's when I knew we blew it.

(3) Some next generation players got some great experience tonight:
i.e JSL, Lui, Staring, Hodges, Blair - they were great and the future lies in them.

(4) Dead wood needs to go. If it is Watmough and Stewart, so be it. Thanks for 2008 and 2011, and to an extend 2007 and 2013 but that's all you will give me. Go to your other clubs - you'll regret all your bull**** one day.
We saw tonight that whoever is left we can have a highly competitive team for the next decade built around them. Gutherson for B.Stewart (although such a great player is hard to replace), and buy a mobile forward to replace Watmough (I have conceded defeat - he's gone - get lost).

(5) I think the "issues" are more complex than we are aware, there is more to it, and DCE and Foran are in the mix more than we think. I thought the DCE interview after the game ended a little non committal about a true love for Manly - myself and my partner both noticed it. Something is not right with him. I guess we will find out.

(6) Horo and Harrison are not the sort of players that should be in Manly colours - Manly need more mobility.

(7) Matai look truly gutted - I think he will find a way to stay. Just seeing his face in the dressing room told me a lot. Stewart just had his head down - I'd say he is gone too.

and to end with a couple of rants............

(8) I wish Phil Gould would shut the **** up, I wish Rabs would shut the **** up. Their negative drivel throughout the whole game was pathetic. They got what they wanted this year - but this sleeping eagle will never die and we will be back year after year to piss you all off again and again.

(9) The NRL is a disgrace. Manly are always left being the example to their mismanagement. You have ruined the potential for team spirit and harmony that is truly sad. I'll say what that Denno or whatever his name is always says

"they can ... off"

See you in 2015 so we can do it all over again......

NYEagle

i don't think there has been too much said from brett. He had good things to say in Men Health about Manly just recently...

The better team lost tonight. We showed grit, determination, and a will to never give up. Something I haven't seen for a couple of months. If we fight for a bone like that every week the top sides better watch out. Manly's future is bright.

Being out at the game even though we lost that was special

To the supporters in the 1st 8 rows of bay 34 thank you- wonderful time supporting our boys.

Where the F*** has that attitude been the last 6 weeks. So proud tonight that was the manly team I love and have supported my whole life / that was the true manly!!

Oh well you cannot win it every year

Cannot wait - souths, dogs revenge will be sweet at Brookvale next year for this years finals series.

Thanks for the year boys

Manly forever

My observation from viewing the game tonight live was that the team showed character and resilience when every thing was stacked against them after 30 minutes.

The team showed that they are indeed TOGETHER!!! Thats been missing of late and gives me lots of hope for 2015.

You will never win when you are divided and I think if a few people had their time over they might want to understand the damage that loose talk can cause!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4