What if everything said IS untrue?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MrInvisible

Reserve Grader
First and foremost I'll get this out of the way. If you are here to troll, then prepare to be reported. I am certain a serious discussion without abuse or stupidity can be had on this subject.

I'm interested to hear from Manly supporters on the following topic.

What would you (as fans) do, if all this went to court and it turned out that everything the board had said about Haslers alleged dealings, and about the Bulldogs alleged involvement in talking to players and staff, was found to be false?

In addition to this question, what would you do if said court case resulted in putting Manly at a serious chance of going bust and not being able to renew player contracts?

Note: I AM NOT TROLLING I'm just interested to get serious responses from true fans on this issue.

RE: What if everything said IS true?

MrInvisible said:
First and foremost I'll get this out of the way. If you are here to troll, then prepare to be reported. I am certain a serious discussion without abuse or stupidity can be had on this subject.

What would you (as fans) do, if all this went to court and it turned out that everything the board had said about Haslers alleged dealings, and about the Bulldogs alleged involvement in talking to players and staff, was found to be false?

In addition to this question, what would you do if said court case resulted in putting Manly at a serious chance of going bust and not being able to renew player contracts?

Note: I AM NOT TROLLING I'm just interested to get serious responses from true fans on this issue.

This is an interesting view point

I assume if this went to court it would be over the employment contract. Therefore, assuming hasler won, i gather he would be entitled to damages to the value of his final yr of contract plus court/lawyers fees or the re-instatement of his contract. Plus hasler actioned an extension for 2012, but if that was not active til 2012 (im not sure of the techicalities), he may not be able to fight his 2012 entitlement. (this said im not aware if he is entitled to any other damages)

Now seeing we would have already budgeted halsers and toovs salaries in for 11/12 financial yr, that money is already accounted for (although i assume tooves got a raise). It would prob costs us 200K in court costs, but if that sends us broke we have bigger problems then losing hasler.

But as a fan, i would stick by my club, the Mighty MWSE

Well I have thought long and hard about this.

And come to my conclusion based on the fact I am not a Football Club or Leagues Club member.

I'd cheer for Manly just as hard as I have for the past 35 years.

Are you talking about this article?

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/haslers-trail-of-carnage-split-club-20111112-1ncxn.html

Interesting if that is the case. However it creates a new worry. Who is leaking personal board information to the Herald (if what they claim is correct).

Or this one

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/des-to-coach-dogs-next-year-wont-pursue-legal-action-against-manly-20111112-1ncwf.html

Well looks like a moot thread now, which raises the question... maybe the Manly boards allegations were correct.

Good luck with your new cancer MrVeryVisable

I sincerly hope you have many failures until such time as your
clubs soul is cleansed

And you go back to Bred not bought

If he will treat a club he supposedly loves like he did..... Imagine how he will treat the Dogs. I almost feel sorry for them.

bones said:
If he will treat a club he supposedly loves like he did..... Imagine how he will treat the Dogs. I almost feel sorry for them.

I don't. They wanted him, they can now have him. As the saying goes "you made your bed now sleep in it"

See you in Round 8 MrInvisible.

Even though I'm not on Haslers side in all of this I'm still in a state of disbelief at some of the stuff I'm reading about him. He has proven to be one nasty piece of work. I'm gobsmacked.

bones said:
Even though I'm not on Haslers side in all of this I'm still in a state of disbelief at some of the stuff I'm reading about him. He has proven to be one nasty piece of work. I'm gobsmacked.

We always knew he was a nasty person but I am gobsmacked as well. Didn't think it was that bad. I thought we wouldn't hear the full story but it sounds like we are now.

MrInvisible said:

If it's untrue then why has hasler decided not to take legal action hmmmm

Because he and your ethically devoid club concocted this to play out this way to get him at scummore in 2012.

I also think you have a hide to come on here and threaten to report us for trolling. This is website for manly fans I for one don't give a flying fruitbat what you think.

Well, Mr Invisible, it looks like it's not going to court. And even if it did, I'm sure the outcome wouldn't change anybody's beliefs.
I really don't understand why you always seem so shocked that people will blindly support their chosen team - this is rugby league. You will always have your "truth", we'll always have ours.
All I know is the Bulldogs haven't won anything yet. You have money to spend and a CEO with a positive media profile. You've got new training facilities and a new coach. We've got a team that wins premierships. I'm fairly comfortable with that.
I'd wish you luck for the coming season but can't bring myself to wish any other team any luck at all. The only team I care about is Manly.

I think Hasler's decision to drop the threat of legal action speaks volumes.

The Bulldogs this morning have agreed to accelerate my employment with the club to commence effective immediately. This certainty gives me the opportunity to move forward positively and without the need for legal action,'' Hasler said last night......... I guess the club having proof of his double dealing may also have reduced the need for legal action.

Personally, I try not to give opinions on outcomes or conclusions until I know something fairly concrete. Therefore, on 'what ifs' I won't respond.

What I will say is this, and this will go against what most think on this forum, Des gave his heart and soul for Manly, and as much as there has been a bitter fall out between him and (most of) Manly, Des would be regretting this whole thing went south as badly as it did. He, like most humans, want to secure the best deal in life for himself and wants to feel validated and respected along the way. RL is a money game, and like sales, often times you are only as good as your last sale.

Des doesn't need fans or boards respect. To be a strong coach one must cut themselves from all the opinions (good and bad), and all the negative press, and all the 'evil and jealous eyes' wanting to criticise your every move. He was totally focussed on his own well being and his players well being. That is what he is employed to do... and Des is a tough nut, highly emotionally charged on the inside, but protects himself from other opinions by being strongly opinionated and possibly 'it's my way or the highway' attitude.

Generally, he had everything under control, as he liked it. But true control is by those who hold the cash. And Des may not have got his way about certain money issues. I think this whole ordeal would have broken Des's heart, but being the stubborn 'take no prisoners' man he is, and probably the board being as stubborn as he is, they out bluffed one another, and a lot of people have been hurt (emotionally) a long the way. When a man as capable, passionate, and strong as Des, along with the Manly club, have consistently reached such lofty heights, when the end comes, it comes with a dramatic crash. Such is life.

I'm glad this is not going to court. The only winners are the lawyers. I'm glad Des has a new challenge in life; the dogs will benefit highly under his leadership and influence. And I'm glad for Geoff Toovey to finally get his chance. Lord knows how long he would have stayed as 2IC under Des. He, too, must have ambitions and goals he wants to achieve; and he, too, may have left, frustrated he couldn't get a gig at Manly in the foreseeable future; probably like all of Craig Bellamy's assistances have left to further their own careers.

I wish Des well, Mr Invisible. Your club will benefit highly with him.

Good post and an interesting perspective. There may be an element of truth to some of this.... mostly the part about Des regretting the damage to the club and long standing friendships.

Ultimately though, he's made his decision and will have to live with the consequences.

I think we just need to let things play out. Our speculation hear, with few substantive facts, is not going to achieve much. Leaked emails don't mean much - just ask Malcolm Turnbull and Pauline Hanson.

Turnbull went half cocked with fake emails from Grech. Hanson challenged the NSW senate election based on fraudulent emails from the Electoral Commission.

Not saying these emails and reviews are automatically fake, but in my mind there is so much speculation and misinfromation from both sides my head just hurts thinking about it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8