What is our strongest team.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
I still like the look of our team next year but I think if Jamie is going to be our captain he should play 5/8. So here is my side for next year...

BRETT STEWART
MICHAEL ROBERTSON
STEVE MATAI
BEN FARRAR
DAVID WILLIAMS
JAMIE LYON
KIERAN FORAN
JOSH PERRY
MATT BALLIN
GEORGE ROSE
SHANE RODNEY
GLENN STEWART
ANTHONY WATMOUGH

JASON KING
BRENT KITE
CHRIS BAILEY
TRENT HODKINSON

Toyota Cup & Qld Cup players
WILL HOPOATE
DEAN WHARE
TONY WILLIAMS
DALY CHERRY-EVANS
JOE GALUVAO
TERENCE SEU SUE
JAMIE BUHRER
MATT CROSS
JOHN GREY
DARCY LUSSICK
VIC MAURO
PHIL MORWOOD
JUNIOR PALAU

List of Contracted Player from MSE site... 

I just dont see Foran as a half back. He is more of a 5/8 and probably should play there. I reckon we should just go all in and put a whole new combo of Hodkinson and Foran there and keep killer out wide

Foran shouldn't be squeezed into halfback when we have two proper ones vying for the spot.

Jamie can have as good an effect at centre.

Farrar to the bench as utility. Otherwise that's not a bad start.

Defo keen to see Lussick get a shot & if Mauro can have a good crack, at some stage.

Dan link said:
I just dont see Foran as a half back. He is more of a 5/8 and probably should play there. I reckon we should just go all in and put a whole new combo of Hodkinson and Foran there and keep killer out wide

I agree and I'm excited by that as an option but we all know Des and he as good as a coach he is he's reluctant to give young guy's a run. I concerned the club will run out and buy some old player for experience and cut the young ones out again.

Whether you agree with it or not, I'm confident Des didn't sign Galuvao for reserve grade/back-up, he will be in the 17 somewhere.

Also, Rose's impact off the bench is far to valuable to have him starting. Although he deserves plenty of credit for outplaying Kite and Perry this year, some players are just taylor made for the bench and he is one of those.

Our strongest team would be:

1. B Stewart
2. M Robertson
3. B Farrar
4. S Matai
5. D Williams
6. J Lyon
7. K Foran
8. J Perry
9. M Ballin
10. J King
11. A Watmough
12. C Bailey
13. G Stewart

14. T Seu Seu
15. G Rose
16. B Kite
17. S Rodney

I'd prefer to see Hodkinson play Halfback, Foran 5/8 and Ben Farrar to drop out of the 17 with Lyon in the centres.
Another option would be to drop Seu Seu out and put Hodkinson on the bench.
Ballin can play 80 mins if needed.

I just cant have Chris Bailey in mt starting 13 - he is a bench player at best

I don't disagree wheel, I probably prefer Rodney over Bailey also.
Still a strong side.

1. B Stewart
2. M Robertson
3. J Lyon
4. S Matai
5. D Williams
6. K Foran
7. T Hodkinson
8. J Perry
9. M Ballin
10. J King
11. A Watmough
12. J Gulavao
13. G Stewart

14. B Farrar
15. G Rose
16. B Kite
17. S Rodney

Seu seu will be our numbe 14 surely. I have a feeling Farrar will miss out

Agree Dan - Farrar/Bailey are good back ups.  My Yart is;

1. B Stewart
2. M Robertson
3. J Lyon
4. S Matai
5. D Williams
6. K Foran
7. T Hodkinson
8. J Perry
9. M Ballin
10. J King
11. A Watmough
12. J Gulavao
13. G Stewart

14. Seu Seu
15. G Rose
16. B Kite
17. S Rodney

Yep, thats my team also. Like Dan, I see Seux2 in the 14. Much needed spark there im sure.

Im hoping that Williams can make the 17 jumper instead of Rodney. (long shot I know). If he can it would provide a versatile option that can cover the back row and in a pinch a wing spot.

In any case that spot really has to be out of Rodney/Cross/Williams/Bailey.

1. Brett Stewart
2. Michael Robertson
3. Ben Farrar
4. Steve Matai
5. David Williams
6. Jamie Lyon
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Jason King
9. Matt Ballin
10. Josh Perry
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Joe Galuvo
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Kieran Foran
15. Chris Bailey
16. Brent Kite
17. George Rose

Hodkinson hasn't even strapped a boot on in the NRL, yet you are all keen for him to be our saviour in the 7. We at least know Foran can handle the step up in class. There's three tenths of fark all difference between 7 and 6 these days anyway, it's not like you have to have skills at putting the ball in the scrum. There'd be over half a dozen players who regularly play both 6  and 7.

Foran reminds me a bit of Thurston in his style, and remember he started as a 5/8. I think he'll make a good running halfback and Lyon at 5/8 will help him immensely.

With Rodney starting and King and Rose on the bench, the only spots up for grabs are the remaining 2 bench spots in my opinion. Guys like Bailey, Cross, Gulavao, Seu Seu, She Rex will be fighting it out for them.

Des will ease Trent into first grade. Kieran will be halfback. Des also has his favourites in Bailey off the bench and playing Lyon at 5/8.

Either way it will be an exciting year.

we are really going to struggle if robertson,rose,rodney,kite and bailey all play at once they are not up too it and really should not be in first grade.  we really need to clean these types out and now no orford were gone.

Foran ain't a halfback in my opinion... 5/8th or centre - yes.

Hodkinson is a halfback. He doesn't need to be a saviour he just needs to do a job.

bretta23 link said:
we are really going to struggle if robertson,rose,rodney,kite and bailey all play at once they are not up too it and really should not be in first grade.  we really need to clean these types out and now no orford were gone.

You are a muppet

I'll go for it:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. George Rose
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Terrence Seu Seu
15. Josh Perry
16. Brent Kite
17. Joe Galuvao

18. Ben Farrar
19. Matt Cross

What I do know - is Chris Bailey is not 1st grade standard - or at least wasn't last year. He has that "get into the fetal position" as soon as a defender touches him syndrome Willow used to have. He then gets up and plays the ball like he's a 150 k/g giant who takes forever. He's not quite a backrower. He's not quite a 1/2.

We have way too much depth to have Chris Bailey mediocering the rest of our squad. He brought 2007 Newcastle form with him...and frankly - he shoulda left it there.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6