What made you a Manly Supporter?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I really enjoy being part of a club that so many people hate up here in C.Q. Almost as much as i love sticking it to them when we roll the Qld based sides.

Raised on the Northern Beaches, which was lucky as i didn't have to choose. The great club was already here for me lol. Plus loved working at Nth Sydney Oval being a Manly supporter. Watching Eadie run around was a huge draw card.

Good taste and judgement :D

Also loved the Northern Beaches so much that I moved here 21 years ago.
The fact that I dont have to share Manly,as everyone else hates them,also makes it more intimate :)

Awesomeness!

I possessed that in spades and so did Manly - a match made in heaven!

Alternatively growing up in Harbord (still Harbord to me people) and going to Harbord Public also had a lot to do with it, you couldn't exactly be a doggies supporter (not that i was) as a 7 yr old and live an un disturbed existence.

to be honest, it was the colours.
I grew up in the Penrith area, and played junior footy in the brown and white striped chocalate soldier jersey...and hated it. Caught a game on sevens big leauge when I was 9, saw a bloke named Eadie shovelling blokes out of his way on his way to the try line, and that was that....saved by the maroon and white.:D

The grass was greener in Manly...I grew up in Bankstown.

But mainly 2V was the reason I loved the Eagles. So much determination a never say die attitude, a great role model!!

Phoenix said:

But mainly 2V was the reason I loved the Eagles. So much determination a never say die attitude, a great role model!!

I lived in Bilgola Plateau and Bill Bradstreet lived nearby. How many remember Bill?

I was raised properly. I was a Manly supporter before I could walk or talk.

When I see babies in Bulldogs, Tigers and Eels colours I usually call DOCS. It's unbelievable the rif raf that have kids these days.

As a six year old playing Rugby League for the first time, was taken to Brookvale Oval and saw the Great Bozo play and have been a supporter ever since. All my boys are Manly nuts as well.:)
We travel from Glen Alpine to watch most Manly home games

arty said:
Phoenix said:

I lived in Bilgola Plateau and Bill Bradstreet lived nearby. How many remember Bill?
I remember Bill Bradstreet very well.
I grew up in the Cronulla area before Cronulla was admitted, and in those days everyone around here was a St George supporter, so I decided to follow a side that hadn't won a competition at this stage and it was either Parra or Manly, the decision was a no brainer, especially with players like Fulton, Bradstreet, Tennant, Veivers.Dennis Ward, Bob Batty.
There are two types of supporters, Manly supporters and those who wish they were Manly supporters.

Started watching in 72 and they had a good pack and a magnificent backline full of attack. I love hard defence but love to watch sweeping bacline moves even more. I just thought they were the best team in the comp and it was proven to be correct for both 72 and 73.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6