What makes a Happy 2016 now??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Expectations for many were very,very high for 2016...

Its turned into an absolute nightmare season....
Injuries, attitude , defence, intimidation, teamwork, combinations, commitment, respect, management, coaching ect, ect.

At this point - what would make you at least...kind of...satisfied, for the remainder of 2016?

*Personally would like to see the players show more pride & effort, regardless of wins/losses.
*The coaching staff show more "We give a damn about Manly"
*The dead wood (inc older big names) to be replaced by 2-3 young quality signings - not this recent - Average Joe signings to sit in a NSW Cup side.
*Revise the training strategy, as currently no fitter & injuries are contagious.
*Also prefer the 3-4 quality players who have come through the Manly system, get a chance to show their ability rather than getting what we expect from the same players, regardless of the same inept performances.

Interested to see what other Silvertails would like to see from here to seasons end - to make 2016 , though not a great season - satisfactory as a pass mark, on what is today a F-

Definitely show some ticker to begin with, get some troops back, then beat the Titans this weekend, then beat the Dragons, Warriors, Raiders, & Knights at Brookie (very doable) and smash the Eels away. That's 6 more wins plus a bye, so finish on 24 points. Not making the 8 but at least having a bit of dig & no spoon.

At the very least, I'd like the remaining season to 'discover' Liam Knight, so that we look forward to 2017 knowing that our new wave players - Knight, the Turbos and Parcell - have the ability to usher in the next generation of Manly champions.

Brad Arthur walking out on the Eels.

Michael Gordon going to the Roosters.

Radradradardardraaaaddda joining French rugby.

Edit. For the record I never envisaged we would make the eight.

Unless we make the 8, and I'm sure we won't, nothing will make this season a pass. I agree with the hope of using some younger players through the back end of this season, but this season is going to turn out a massive failure.

Almost impossible for us to make the 8 now. We absolutely dont deserve to either. We were awful Round 1 and 2, improved a little however dropped off enormously again. Except for the Warriors game I havent seen us play well for 80 mins the whole season. We were better in 2002 under Peter Sharp with a far worse roster. To miss the spoon will be a good result. Trent Barrett is under massive pressure if you ask me.

Promote more young future prospects for the remainder of the season ( salary cap permitting ) and same rules for these alleged coaches as were applied to Tooves. ( Cartwright to go forthwith )

Time Travel : That somehow, time slips forward to September 2016, and we don't have to experience the embarrassment of watching each game.

However - it is the last round: Killer, Skivvy (miraculously playing) Snake, Myles, Williame and ZtH, Penn, Jokelly, Bozo, possibly BJ have all announced their respective retirements. And MWSE win and everyone in the backline scores a classic try.

I'd like to see Liam knight get a few runs.
I'd like to see Lewis Brown doing something to justify his position.
I'd like to see Nate Myles take a hit up faster than my 85 year old father would.
I'd like to see Killer score a treble v parra in his last game against them
I'd like to see the coaching staff wave goodbye and thank us all for their support in 2016, as they look for new roles in 2017.

Just to see the younger guys develop and start a new era for Manly:
Jake Trbojevic (22)
Matt Parcell (23)
Liam Knight (21)
Addin Fonua-Blake (20)
Willis Meehan (20)
Tom Trbojevic (19)
Dylan Walker (21)

If they develop to their potential, that gives you five very serious SOO contenders in the forwards and two definitely in the backs.
7 SOO players in a team = a premiership

Eels losing points and missing the finals, Watmough with a career ending injury, Foran with a season ending injury and lastly more salary crap bull**** hanging over the Eels for 2017 .... not a bad season and we didn't have to lift a finger. Karma is a bitch.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4