What next?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
So if we've added Myles, Api and for arguments sake Lussick and Brown along with resigning Chez, Turbos, Gutho, Matai and Ballin, what are our remaining needs?

Say we let Hasson, Foz, Horo, Mason and other fringe guys go.

Our backline is fairly set, depending on what we do with 5/8. Our front row looks pretty damn good with Myles, Api and Jake Turbo, then Lussick, maybe Demetriou and Starling/BJ for depth.

Back row looks the issue. We need a couple of legitimate line benders. We lack genuine quality behind Buhrer who is now unfortunately an ongoing injury concern.

So what to do..?

We need a Sam Moa type front rower. A Richie Fa'aoso. Someone who doesn't know what sidestep is.

Now Lussick can fill that role. But whoever does it, better not be getting pushed back when he hits the line.

To be honest, I think we may be set for 2016.

Bit disappointed Mason didn't just get to be the impact player he was meant to be due to no BJ or Starling for most of the year. He was shown to be less effective than he could have been because he was asked to do a job he wasn't recruited for and, frankly, at 35, should not have been asked to do.

As I said, a big front rower maybe, but then put the cue in the rack.

I actually wouldn't mind an outside back. Injury this year has proved we are fairly light on when it comes to centres. I'd get a quality youngster, someone with speed to burn. And fierce competition for spots is a GOOD thing.
Anyway I'm sure things will work out..........
Been a great day for positive Manly news.

I agree that we need an imposing 2nd rower who can bend the line. It would be nice to also get a genuinely fast back too.
Sika Manu would be a decent pickup at the right price. He is off contract end of this year. Can certainly bend the line, has a good offload.
Kyle Lovett from the Tigers is off contract too. He would be an okay pickup.

Agree.

A big front rower Tamou would do just fine.

We have 2nd row covered. Jake T, Lussick, Lawrence and Myles can all be that bend the line back second rower if we had some more size up front.

With so little spots left in the top grade. The lower grades are extremely important. A back up 7, 4 and 2 with speed has to be Ready to go.

Still like to keep Horo.

Taking stock as this is what happens at this time of the year my take on our top 25 for next season is this:
1. STEWART, Brett 2 more years Fullback
2. TAUFUA, Jorge 1 year left Wing
3. HIKU, Peta 2 more years Fullback/Centre/Wing
4. MATAI, Steve 2 more years Centre
5. GUTHERSON, Clinton 2 more years Fullback/Centre/Wing
6. LYON, Jamie (c) 1 year left Centre/Half
7. CHERRY-EVANS, Daly Lifetime Contract Half
8. MYLES, Nate 3 year deal Prop/Lock
9. BALLIN, Matt 2 more years Hooker
10. TRBOJEVIC, Jake 2 more years Prop/Lock
11. SYMONDS, Tom 3 year left Back Row
12. BROWN, Lewis 3 year deal Back Row
13. BUHRER, Jamie 1 year left Back Row
14. KOROISAU, Apisai 3 year deal Hooker
15. SAO, Ligi Off Contract Prop
16. LUI, Dunamis Off Contract Prop/Lock
17. LEARY, Blake 1 year left Back Row
18. WILIAME, Brayden 1 year left Centre/Wing
19. TRBOJEVIC, Tom 2 more years Fullback/Wing
20. HODGES, Jayden 1 year left Hooker
21. LAWRENCE, Brenton 1 year left Prop
22. STARLING, Josh 1 year left Prop
23. SENE-LEFAO, Jesse 1 year left Prop
HORO, Justin Off Contract
ANDREWS, Tyson Off Contract
BLAIR, Cheyse Off Contract
CHEE-KAM, Michael Off Contract
LITTLEJOHN, Jack Off Contract
SATINI, Tony Off Contract
WILLIAMS, David Off Contract
BURGESS, Luke Can look elsewhere
MASON, Willie Can look elsewhere
MATEO, Feleti Can look elsewhere
FORAN, Kieran Signed @ Parramatta
HASSON, James Signed @ Parramatta

If we resign Dunamis & Ligi, I would like us to sign a hard edge running back rower in Alex Glenn. Then we need to add a half for depth or development Te Maire Martin/Mitchell Cornish/Jayden Nikorima. Isaac John worst case scenario.

Vave has been bending the defensive line with some big hit ups in NSW Cup for weeks! He's one of the comps top forwards for hit ups and he could be better for longer mins if he exchanged his trips to Krisy Kreme for some extra training sessions to tone up those excessive love handles he's rockin atm!

Berryman has been in scintillating form in NSW Cup since coming back from long term injury and is getting better and better every week, including his defense! If anyone deserves a call up atm other than Hodges, it's Berryman!

As much as Hodges annoys me with his excessive ball hogging, I must admit that over the last month or so it's obvious Hodges is really trying to pare back his dummy half runs and trying to learn when is the right and wrong times to run it himself!
No doubt his restraint has not only made him more dangerous but also more consistent and it's bringing his other backs into the game more.
I kinda feel sorry for the kid cos you can see he's really trying to be a better player and signing Api would probably feel like a real kick in the teeth!

If Penrith have released Api because he has an opportunity to secure a regular first grade position, I think he'll definetly be part of our starting 17 especially if Barrett takes over the reigns for 2016.
And whether he plays at Hooker or 5/8 he's a great signing for us!

And if Tom T is to replace Stewart at FB then he needs to start being blooded at fullback in FG!
Jake T is one of our most influential forwards when he's on the field and he needs to play more mins.

And if the bench is reduced for next year we need to start preparing our forwards to play longer quality mins a game now, not wait until preseason!

I think we are pretty much set as the post a couple up shows with 22 players locked up and possibly Lussick on top of that, probably keeping Sao as well.

The only question mark is 5/8

I also think we are looking very good if we go to 6 interchanges, with Jake, Myles and BJ all able to play long minutes up front as well as Symonds, Buhrer, Leary and Brown able to play 80 minutes.

I think we are pretty much set as the post a couple up shows with 22 players locked up and possibly Lussick on top of that, probably keeping Sao as well.

The only question mark is 5/8

I also think we are looking very good if we go to 6 interchanges, with Jake, Myles and BJ all able to play long minutes up front as well as Symonds, Buhrer, Leary and Brown able to play 80 minutes.
I've heard the NRL are looking at 8 interchanges due to player welfare.

Coach (Trent Barrett)

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Peta Hiku
05. Clinton Gutherson
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Lewis Brown
10. Nate Myles
11. Feleti Meteo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Apisai Koroisau
15. Brenton Lawrence
16. Jake Trbojevic
17. Josh Starling

18. Ligi Sao
19. Blake Leary
20. Luke Burgess
21. Tom Trbojevic
22. Riley Travers
23. Jesse Sene-Lefeo
24. Brayden Wiliame
25. Matt Ballin

Look at the quality of that depth. All first grade quality apart from Travers who will be developing.

+ When Koroisau comes in to Hooker, Brown switches to backrow. That's how Barrett has been running Penrith anyway.

Last edited:
So if we've added Myles, Api and for arguments sake Lussick and Brown along with resigning Chez, Turbos, Gutho, Matai and Ballin, what are our remaining needs?

Say we let Hasson, Foz, Horo, Mason and other fringe guys go.

Our backline is fairly set, depending on what we do with 5/8. Our front row looks pretty damn good with Myles, Api and Jake Turbo, then Lussick, maybe Demetriou and Starling/BJ for depth.

Back row looks the issue. We need a couple of legitimate line benders. We lack genuine quality behind Buhrer who is now unfortunately an ongoing injury concern.

So what to do..?
Sam Moa please - then we can call it a day.

Last edited:
Agree.

A big front rower Tamou would do just fine.

We have 2nd row covered. Jake T, Lussick, Lawrence and Myles can all be that bend the line back second rower if we had some more size up front.

With so little spots left in the top grade. The lower grades are extremely important. A back up 7, 4 and 2 with speed has to be Ready to go.

Still like to keep Horo.
Tamou said that he would announce where he is going after the origin series, hopefully Bozo is in his ear about coming here as that would give up a very potent pack along with the other guys we have signed.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4