What poor defence??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Those knocking Manlys defence must be happy with only 6 against the Cowgirls who especially at home, rack up massive scores.
Sure Tooves systems may be different in 2012, but keep in mind, he has pretty much been part of our defensive system in recent years & its success, so he has a fair idea of what works. The main ingredient - attitude has been shown in the big clashes & I'm still very confident even against the yardstick Dogs , our defence had them covered.
Again it was only an air raid that unsettled us last night but I see massive improvement with coverage & more urgency in this area in recent times. The DCE/Wolf incident was fairly unlucky & neither deserve too much flack over it.
Ppl seem quick to jump over how poor the defence has been in 2012 because Hasler is not running the show - well Tooves is & imo doing a great job when it counts against our main opposition.

Those knocking Manlys defence must be happy with only 6 against the Cowgirls who especially at home, rack up massive scores.
Sure Tooves systems may be different in 2012, but keep in mind, he has pretty much been part of our defensive system in recent years & its success, so he has a fair idea of what works. The main ingredient - attitude has been shown in the big clashes & I'm still very confident even against the yardstick Dogs , our defence had them covered.
Again it was only an air raid that unsettled us last night but I see massive improvement with coverage & more urgency in this area in recent times. The DCE/Wolf incident was fairly unlucky & neither deserve too much flack over it.
Ppl seem quick to jump over how poor the defence has been in 2012 because Hasler is not running the show - well Tooves is & imo doing a great job when it counts against our main opposition.

Having close to our best team on the paddock, in particular Brett our defensive strucutre is alot more organized. Our scrambling defence was most pleasing.

Having close to our best team on the paddock, in particular Brett our defensive strucutre is alot more organized. Our scrambling defence was most pleasing.

Your kidding aren't you. We missed 38 tackles out there and they missed 18. We are burning up energy with great scramble defence, but the number of missed tackles continues to point to an attitude problem. EVERY coach will tell you that missed tackles comes down to attitude. We are missing an average of almost 10 tackles more per game this year than we were last year.

Your kidding aren't you. We missed 38 tackles out there and they missed 18. We are burning up energy with great scramble defence, but the number of missed tackles continues to point to an attitude problem. EVERY coach will tell you that missed tackles comes down to attitude. We are missing an average of almost 10 tackles more per game this year than we were last year.

Or maybe the 38 missed tackles can be attributed, in large part, to the hot potato style football that the Warriors play, hey Ralphie?

There are statistics and then there are statistics.

Or maybe the 38 missed tackles can be attributed, in large part, to the hot potato style football that the Warriors play, hey Ralphie?

When was the last time we kept the Cowboys to a single try at Dairy Farmers?

The attitude is there in bucket loads.

When was the last time we kept the Cowboys to a single try at Dairy Farmers?

The attitude is there in bucket loads.

Phantar said:

I'd rather attribute it to the way the Cowboys played, and of the 38 missed tackles, probably half were against Bowen and Tate.

Phantar said:

I'd rather attribute it to the way the Cowboys played, and of the 38 missed tackles, probably half were against Bowen and Tate.

It's not our defence which is lacking. If is our attack on the line or within the 20 which needs most attention. We had a bad week defensively against the knights a few weeks back. We have struggled with this ball for a while except against the rooster and 40 minutes against parra.

It's not our defence which is lacking. If is our attack on the line or within the 20 which needs most attention. We had a bad week defensively against the knights a few weeks back. We have struggled with this ball for a while except against the rooster and 40 minutes against parra.

People are joking. It is hard to win in Townsville, we have a very average away record this year, and so we win and some still want to whinge. Gutsy effort and I will take the points.

People are joking. It is hard to win in Townsville, we have a very average away record this year, and so we win and some still want to whinge. Gutsy effort and I will take the points.

Ralphie said:

Thurston and Bowen couldn't produce a try through the hands, says all you need to know about the defence

They broke our line twice in 80mins, that is a good effort in different conditions to what we are used too

A lot of the time, we go in for hard tackles rather than the cuddles other sides do, the 1st man going in hard will often drop off on contact, counting as a miss, but the runner is halted and the 2 guys beside him have him covered.

Ralphie said:

Thurston and Bowen couldn't produce a try through the hands, says all you need to know about the defence

They broke our line twice in 80mins, that is a good effort in different conditions to what we are used too

A lot of the time, we go in for hard tackles rather than the cuddles other sides do, the 1st man going in hard will often drop off on contact, counting as a miss, but the runner is halted and the 2 guys beside him have him covered.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6