What Price Kane Elgey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Beaver boy

Reserve Grader
I wouldn't be paying over the top money just yet. Is unproven in top grade and has shown some indecisiveness in last couple of games.

Even though we're not going too good ATM he and his Manager need to understand he will be playing with some of the modern day greats in Stewart, Lyon, Matai and some of the best up and comers in the land.

I would have a serious crack at Sezer .... Great goal kicker too.

Hopefully less than 5% of our cap. The kid is green but I loved his speed in set plays. Lots of potential here IMO. Worth the risk

His price will be set like other players' prices are set, by the market.
Which other clubs are desperate for a halfback? Sharks, maybe Canberra?
Can't be too many where a guaranteed shot at first grade is on offer. Anyway I thought we had a hot shot recruitment manager, surely he has sussed out options through the length and breadth of the land, and beyond.

Rookie Titans halfback Kane Elgey wooed by Sea Eagles as Daly Cherry-Evans replacement
  • TRAVIS MEYN
  • THE COURIER-MAIL
  • APRIL 06, 2015 12:00AM

MANLY have upped the ante in their bid to poach Gold Coast young gun Kane Elgey after the rookie halfback baulked at a three-year contract extension from the Titans.

Elgey will tour the Sea Eagles’ Brookvale Oval headquarters in the next fortnight as the Silvertails search for a replacement for Titans-bound star Daly Cherry-Evans.

Manly have already submitted an offer to Elgey’s manager, Tas Bartlett, which trumps the three-year deal tabled by the Titans last week.

Elgey has made a promising start to his NRL career as Daniel Mortimer’s replacement, but the Titans have held back on offering a bumper salary increase for last season’s Holden Cup’s player of the year.

Titans coach Neil Henry is a fan of Elgey but has some delicate salary cap juggling to do given the club will be paying ‘‘DCE’’ $1 million a season.

The Titans have also been linked to several players for 2016, the latest being Parramatta five-eighth Corey Norman, who could be forced out by the arrival of Sea Eagles star Kieran Foran.

Norman, a Keebra Park product, has been in scintillating form and is a left-footed kicker who could be the perfect foil for Cherry-Evans.

Elgey is keen to stay on the Gold Coast but Bartlett said the 21-year-old would explore every option.

“He’ll go down to Sydney and have a look around,” he said.

“Manly have tabled a very good offer that would make him the starting halfback.

“He would love to remain a Titan however the current offer shows me they are in the market for someone else to partner Cherry-Evans.”

Sezer is a free agent at season’s end but has put contract talks on hold as he strives to find form on the field.

Sezer has moved to the right side of the field to make Elgey’s transition to first grade simpler given he is also a left-foot kicker.

Cherry-Evans will wear the No. 7 jersey next year, meaning there is only one other halves position up for grabs.

Elgey made a solid debut in the Round 4 win over Cronulla and was defensively sound in Friday night’s loss to Brisbane.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...vans-replacement/story-fni3fbgz-1227292345746

I would have a serious crack at Sezer .... Great goal kicker too.[/QUOTE]
Agree - I watched him against the Donkeys. Good passing / running game, general play kicker & goal kicking. Elgey is too small & would get smashed every week. He also may take 3 years to amount to anything. Sezer would be good from game 1, 2016.

His price will be set like other players' prices are set, by the market.
Which other clubs are desperate for a halfback? Sharks, maybe Canberra?
Can't be too many where a guaranteed shot at first grade is on offer. Anyway I thought we had a hot shot recruitment manager, surely he has sussed out options through the length and breadth of the land, and beyond.

Tap, tap, tap.......open the door man. It's Dave. I've got the stuff.....
Dave ? Dave's not here man.........

No. I'm Dave.

Has anyone seen Dave ?

I'd be going after the package (Elgey and Sezer). Sounds like there keen on Norman. As long as Joey and Tooves stay on board.@:(

Seriously who does joey coach or mentor. Our so called million dollar halves don't want his teachings. On top of that, our game plan certainly hasn't improved under joey.

Seriously who does joey coach or mentor. Our so called million dollar halves don't want his teachings. On top of that, our game plan certainly hasn't improved under joey.
Foran could have Wally Lewis, Bozo and Brad Fittler mentoring him he had hit his ceiling he just isn't that kind of player. Solid but not a natural half and is a miniature lock forward

I would not be throwing big money out the window just Yet. It is wrong to demand immediate success., our plan should be to raid the up and coming stars at other clubs. Eg, elegy, sezer, then hit Kane Evans, Isaiah yeo, Bryce Cartwright,dean whare, Dylan Napa,willis Meehan , adam docker etc. there's plenty of young stars not on much money playing fringe first grade. Idea is to take away the stronger clubs reserve pool to limit their depth.

Kids too green, Not ready for firsts. Agree sezer is solid will not win a game but not lose one. His kicking game is very strong, and best footy is in front of him.
Sharks may not need a 6 way Jack bird went, so we are in for big chance for sezer hopeful.

he would be stupid not to take a bigger pay check and guaranteed starting half spot given the tits have just spent $1 million on DCE.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7