What shots do i need for Thailand?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Right apparently I am going to Thailand in May, thanks to the Mrs wanting a trip away.

She booked it all and now I need to figure out which shots I need and what I need to book in for?

CHeers
Dan

I'm sure the next dance festival you goto will have all the gear you need. ;)

I'm sure the local quack will tell you what you need.

I was there in November Dan.

They told us to get Hep A and B (I think that was a multi shot which covered them all) and Thyphoid.

depends where you are going, if you are going trekking through Jungles for a week maybe Malaria as well.

If you are going in May look into it soon as I think you need 6 weeks between shots for one of them.

You'll love it, I wasnt a fan of Phuket, but the other areas were great, especially Bangkok and Chiang Mai.

I think she has just booked to hang around patong and phuket.

Not much out there action I doubt.

****ing hate getting a jab in the arm, I guess it's better than a bum joke though so off to the doctor I go, might as well get my back and wrist fixed whilst I am there

My advice stay away from Patong it is a sh!thole.  We stayed 20km out of Patong at Kata Noi and it was much nicer and not as full on, or go to Koh Samui instead!!!

I did not get any shots, if you stay away from the lady boys and bar girls you will be ok!!!!!

Agreed on Patong, its a dive.

if thats all you are going to you should be ok. we went up north

Yeah we are staying out of the main drag at the Everson which is like 20 mins cab ride

Out of town is nice.

In the middle is just a pit.

Having said that its worth a look, if only to say how crap it is.

You might like it, many do, but wasnt our cup of tea

I hated it last time I went there and would have preferred Fiji, Tahiti or Vanuatu but the girl get's an idea in her head and we have to go with it

I am all for sitting on my ass doing nothing when on holidays

GP will have the right shots for the locality your going to Dan. And get them even if not travelling in jungle rot territory as mozzies can still get you.

Doug is right, there probably is little I can catch there that I haven't already got from dank and dirty night clubs

Patong is well worth heading into mate. There are heaps of nice places to eat if you stay away from the touristy joints. You just have to learn how to deal with the constant badgering to buy a ****ing suit or a Diesel suitcase. Dont shake hands with them, they will pick you as an Aussie and will try and shake your hand. Just ignore them as any response you give them they will have an answer for.

Make sure you demand to see the canary trick mate!!

Also, there is a good Aussie bar that shows league games live in Patong. Thats where I watched Manly v Dogs last year.

Also, I can give you the name of a guy who will take you into Phuket Town to a ****ing **** hot seafood restaurant. He will drive you there and back in his own car (about 45 mins each way) and wait for you while you eat for about $30. 2 lobsters and 2kg of prawns cost us about $60 and it was some of the best seafood I have eaten.

that sounds awesome Doug, either that or just give me the name of the restaurant and I will find it

Forgot to mention that while we ate we had 2 Thai waiters the whole time peeling the prawns for us (with cutlery) and serving the food to us as we ate. It was deadset like being treated like royalty. We were the only non Thai people in the place.

Mate I wouldnt know where it was or what it was called but i'll email his name and where he works.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6