What should happen when Stewie is cleared.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

dceagle

Reserve Grader
Hi folks , I'm a newbie from mwse who still cant access the forum there so here I am.

I have heard a lot of of " what ifs " over the last few days and the phrase "Apparently" is a word being overused by the judge and jury media and radio hacks out there.

So I 'll throw my own out there.............

What avenues of recourse are available if, and in my belief when Brett is cleared of this alleged assault.

Unfortunately , if enough mud is thrown then usually some sticks.

Please don't think that I am merely throwing out the allegations as a complete beat up . But I am absolutely livid at  the beating that Brett's good name and reputation are copping atm, on what is one persons versions of events conveniently mixed up with gutter journalism and uneducated guesses on what actually happened.

Stay stong Brett.

David Gallop should immediately tender his resignation.  He's been totally negligent in his actions.  He's provided air time and stupid destructive comment on this issue.  I just heard him on the ABC and he said it was a 'day to day' issue on whether Stewie should be stood down.  Totally inappropriate comment to make.  The guy should just shut his mouth.  He's not only stupid he sounds ridiculous.  He also called clubs 'joints'.  The guy's such a fool.   

a picket march across the spit bridge?

We all just breath a sigh of relief and get on with our lives!!

That's what I'll be doing anyway!!

Good to see you haven't been washed away Dan, although they do say it's still coming.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
We all just breath a sigh of relief and get on with our lives!!

That's what I'll be doing anyway!!

Good to see you haven't been washed away Dan, although they do say it's still coming.

I agree with your comments Mark and as far as the weather up here at Hervey Bay goes, the rain appears to be setting in and the wind is starting to blow a bit more than it has been (more gusty). Where I live at Point Vernon, we've only had 13 mm of rain since it started about this time yesterday afternoon but we are expecting a lot more (well I hope it does as I need some water in my pool).

I for one will be massively relieved when it is all over. I would like to see the family cop some treatment legally as well.

Is oldboy rex still lurking in these parts?

It is a good question at the top.  If Stewart is cleared perhaps Manly (and even the NRL) should back him in a defamation suit.  It would certainly give pause for thought to any future clowns wanting to make a name for themselves, particularly when they have a record for extortion.

check my what if he's guilty thread Matas and you'll get an answer for that one.

Would be hard to prove a defamation suit, media hacks and the like are past masters at pushing just hard enough.

JohnB link said:
im up for going to the ex-cons apartment and hurling insults.

A view I don't share. I would rather the problem be dealt with by the police

Let the legal processes deal with the matter. There is nothing to be gained by this and in fact, it could harm the cause. The less said the better. Presumption of innocense must also allow for the process of the  law to be undertaken unhindered.

JohnB link said:

Terrible idea. Would only inflame the situation and would actually be a further distraction for Stewart and Manly.

JohnB link said:

Not a good move in my books. In fact, it would be pretty dumb. It would only be throwing fuel on the fire.

i will speculate to say if brett is found not to have a case to answer this will be his last season in the NRL.

Really why would these guys stay over here and cop this stuff  when they can go to england earn more get taxed less and be anonmous.

It really hit me even in the North of england these guys can get around the street without being hassled like they do in brisbane and sydney.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2