What Souths do on the big screen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

captainskin

Reserve Grader
As much as I loathed seeing one sided footage on the big screen at ANZ, of Souths beating Manly over the years, I was impressed. 
That sort of stuff would really thrill a home team supporter, along with giving the youth a great (one sided) history lesson of their club, and bring back memories for the old timers as well.
An away supporter watches with envy, hoping for a glitch of showing your team scoring, but we get nothing but a good result on the end of the day's scoreboard. I guess yesterdays game wont go into the Souths glory book of video archives.
It would be good to do this sort of thing at all the Manly home games. I think it would get us all hyped up, and give us some good times down memory lane.

very good point and very valid idea.

Whilst we are at it, can we get bulldogs CEO Greenberg over to us as well?

its true.. its 40 minutes between games and at brookie there is almost nothing to do.. i used to read the sea eagles news but thats stopped as well?

Very entertaining from Souths Sydney.. even interviews with injured players on the big screen would be nice.. Wolfman would be entertaining interview.. just little things.. like updates on injuries.. or interviews.. highlights of our tries etc.

Dan link said:
very good point and very valid idea.

Whilst we are at it, can we get bulldogs CEO Greenberg over to us as well?

i was a schoolmate of todds, and beleive me his public persona is a true and accurate picture of the kid i grew up with. He was always a mad doggy fan and never had much nice to say about Manly. I dont think his integrity would ever allow him to be associated with us.

any decent young CEO will take one look at last years crap and run a mile rather than join Manly.

That sounds like a good idea.  You should send your idea to Graham Lowe.  I seem to remember Dan writing to Grant Mayer about an issue with Brookie Oval last year and Grant responded positively.

I dont think anyone mentioned Lowe DSM, I was more talking about the pre - Lowe carry on, for which he can't be blamed.

Definitely send it to Lowe or to the Sea Eagles as a suggestion. Without them getting these ideas and feedback we cant expect them to grow.

As for Lowe, nothing incredibly wrong with him but Greenburg is an absolute shark and gun

Great idea, poorly executed by souths yesterday. It was so cheesy and lame, I felt embarassed for souths fans.

Their little manly/souths history footage gave me the most lol's. It was like "ohh check this out.. We are SO much better than manly, we have SO much on them! ..from 40 years ago." they have had a couple of wins against us recently, but any fan worth their salt know that we totally pwn them. If I was a souths fan, I would be really embarassed. But yeah, good concept otherwise.. Would really stir home fans if they actually had something to be proud of.

Don't mean to sound whiney (but I'm gunna) - their text in to race he mascots game was possibly the lamest thing ever. What people actually spend money on this? YEESSS Reggie the rabbit beat Igor! That was so enthralling, I soooo care!

What happened to the Souths drummers btw?

nita link said:
What happened to the Souths drummers btw?

I actually liked the drummers. Even if you're an away supporter, the beat and the rythmn gets the foot tapping and the heart pumping. It was earthy and tribal.
In fact, anything beats our new ground announcer, with all the lame things he is forced to say and the inappropriate and untimely adverts he announces during a scrum break.

I hated the drummers, in fact I hate anything associated with the mixos.  Their presentation was very lame.  I'd like to have seen the list of players we bought from them and made them champions. 

Not sure if any of you have been to a Titans game but they do live interviews prior to the game (in between NYC and NRL)...it's done from a studio within Skilled Park...very professional....BUT remember they also have a 300 Million dollar stadium that was granted to them to use!!

I enjoyed South's little montage.

Favorite moment would have to be when they showed how Souths beat Manly & secured a spot in the 07 finals series. Really gripping stuff.

They never showed what happened to them in the finals though...wonder what happened?  ???

Sounds like the same stuff they showed at Redfern for the Manly trial game. I actually thought Soufs did a fantastic job on that day. t was all about the members and making them feel special and part of the family and they trotted out a host of past stars. I'm all for more of that especially if it was for the mighty Sea Eagles.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7