What to take from the 9s

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
I know there has been some negativity and some 'who cares' about the 9s performance. My attitude is that with the 9s, or trials, you just try and take whatever positives you can from it (as well as learn from anything negative). Sure I'd love to see us win the 9s (and maybe we still will) but the major thing is the experience of it. To me:

1) Gutho looks good, showing some nice ball playing
2) Tom Turbo getting some game time, his attack looks sharp.
3) DCE and Foz being there is a positive. Okay Foz didn't play much, but the fact they both pushed to be there shows me that they are keen to lead this club in the future. (maybe I'm clutching at straws)'
4) Good to see Hodges playing. He could be a real ace up our sleeve over the coming months.

Some negative or learning points for the season:

1) Short kickoffs (as others have mentioned), we need to be able to get the ball from them whether attacking or defending
2) Some of the younger guns, Tommy Turbo etc need to get their defence in order before getting too much first grade experience. Okay hard to draw too much from today, but we did have the occasional tackler just brushed aside.
3) I think DCE gets lost without Foz. Just an observation. I really think he needs that hard running half on the other edge to counter his off the cuffness...

I take the joy of watching rugby league touchified and that its a good break from no footy

A bit of fun ,Thats all I expected from it. No injuries is what I am really hoping for.
The fans getting their knickers in a knot about our play is ridiculous.
It has no bearing on the way we play once the season gets underway.
Counting the losses from a 9's tournament & the end of our year (due only to multiple injuries ) ,Is for doomsdayers.
I wish our clubs winning culture would rub off on its fans.

Being penalized for holding the man down when I saw so much worse. I am biased though.
Did Benji dropkick that kickoff or did he grubber it. I thought it was the latter. I am biased though.
We are written off and said we can't make the finals on the NRL site after two losses. Not yet. Slim chance but still a chance and I think we can do it. I am biased though.
Seeing DCE laughing running on the field just shows it's a just all about having fun. He won't do that when two points are up for grabs.

Thinking Guthersons haircut is amazing and I'm going to copy his style. I am an idiot though

We were noticeably slower than other teams in getting up from the tackle, Hasson was probably our worst offender at this

Are the new held rules in effect because there doesn't appear to be any change in 2+ man tackles. One guy breaks off and the other does that jiu jitsu spin THEN stands up

When we clicked we were great. The problem was professionally holding on to a leading position. This problem has cropped up a bit for us too in 80 min football.

The last kickoff to saints should have been to a corner not down the middle, with defence stacked to the corner we kicked off to. Saints did this to us once they got back in front. Even a dumb side like saints can do it. That's the only thing I was really cut about because the 9s is a lottery.

Hodges was fantastic, got us to a winning position. Can he play in the halves I wonder.

I really like Hodges He scares and excites me at the same time though. Ballin and Hodges are both off contract next year aren't they. What do they do.

Can't believe that there is debate over hodges v ballin!

I am always shocked at what a bad wrap Ballin gets but most teams in the comp would have him in a heart beat he is not only an incredible athlete and footy player he is value for money and a champion bloke. Should go down as one of our clubs immortals. With all the bs and carry on with other players be just signs his contract and gets on with being one of the top hookers in the game.

I will never use 9's, 7's or trial form as any kind of hard stick ....ever

Thought I read somewhere a while ago that Ballin might not play on after his current deal? He'll be 32 next year.

I'll also take a vague idea that Sea Eagles themed hair elastics could be a hot seller if I were a local business man

What to take ? No injuries and the season is getting closer to kick off....maybe even a DCE and Foran announcement soon considering it would never have happened whilst they were playing in this tournament.

I take $110K for the coffers and no injuries, from what I believe is a Mickey Mouse comp that's a complete waste of time.

Cronk is a very good tactician. DCE is tough and pretty good at the off the cuff type plays, but... Shaun Johnson is fast becoming my favourite number 7 in the game. I know it's only the 9's, but if he can carry on his form from last year (particularly the rep footy) and the rest of the Warriors can match his energy, they could be in for big things this year. Johnson will be the dally m half back for 2015.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8