What was missing??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
For me a few things.
Slow & predictable around the ruck- great to have more flair at dummy half-sorry MB.
No dominance in the fowards- Kite started like a train & fizzled out -expected way more from Choc as our marquee foward - G Stewart solid & great game from Buhrer who looked the player we heard he was last year - no tip ons at all with 1 out footy.
Unorganised which is totally forgivable as will take time for DCE to work out combinations & gain confidence - looked sharp when he ran the ball & with Snake & Hoppa the only other player who looked dangerous.
Very methodical predicatable game & if it was not the Seaeagles involved i would classify it a category 3 for a boring game of footy!!
That Storm team were average & took control - hard to swallow as it unfolded before my eyes. Anyways only 1st game - can & will improve.

I was at the game and being round one I expected a scratchy start to the season, but that was the most boring game I have seen in a long time.If I was watching at home and Manly wasn't playing I would have changed the chanel.
But hey we can only go up from here right??

Losing Lyon who's our major attacking weapon didn't help our forward rotation and the team had a reshuffle which made us look disjointed. It's only the first round and it will take a while for our halves combination to gel. DCE had to do too much in his 1st outing bt played ok.

What was missing was stability. At half time I bet everyone was happy. Losing Ballin for a long period of the match and the Jamie for the rest of the match proved way too disruptive , especially being a round 1 game when the team is trying to find combinations etc. If Jamie comes back sooner rather than later I'm still confident of a reasonable year. I don't think a premiership is within reach this year but definitely in the next 5 years with the good young players coming through. Buhrer was Manlys best last nite IMO and must be in the starting back row next week.

What was missing?    simple...... Matai, Lyon and Ballin.

We missed Matai's aggression and defence. Plus if he plays, T-Rex is probably on the wing.
Lyon being injured for much of the game severely effected both our attack and defence out wide, as well as the forward rotation off the bench.
Ballin wasn't having a good game anyway but, much of the game plan would have been based around him.

I've said it before, we've got a good squad..... we just need a bit of overdue luck with injuries and time to gel.

Daddycool link said:
What was missing?    simple...... Matai, Lyon and Ballin.

We missed Matai's aggression and defence. Plus if he plays, T-Rex is probably on the wing.
Lyon being injured for much of the game severely effected both our attack and defence out wide, as well as the forward rotation off the bench.
Ballin wasn't having a good game anyway but, much of the game plan would have been based around him.

I've said it before, we've got a good squad..... we just need a bit of overdue luck with injuries and time to gel.

Spot on mate.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8