What we did last year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
I remember last year we were being linked to Shannon McDonnell, Shannon Gallant from the Tigers and Brent Crisp from the Bulldogs and Former Newcastle player David Seage.

I wonder if we going to do the same this year.

McDonnell we were close to signing but we signed Farrar instead - and I was happy with that signing but if Hoppa Jnr doesnt get a shot maybe we should look at another signing of a fullback with 1st grade experience.

Also can anyone give us some details on Dennis Sandow - is he any good.

Sandow is ok, scores some tries etc but I have seen him caught out of position a few times for kicks etc.

His wingers sometimes leave him with a lot of cleanup work too.

I will be trying to get to the Sunshine coast game tomorrow and if I get there I will watch him run around and let you know.

The info I was given is he is a cherberg boy and a relation to the South Player. Cherberg is a fairly fertile hub for decent footy players

Sammut has virtually been shown the door at Penrith, maybe with some spelling lessons he might be a good stop gap for the season.

Just out of interest, does the NRL have a salary cap allowance/discount for long term injuries or do you just have to suck it up ? They have something like this in the AFL from memory but not sure on the mechanics of it.

There is no allowance for long term injured players. You can only use the cap space if you release the player. I heard a CEO or coach talking about this recently but can't remember which one.

We don't need to buy anyone in. We have the squad to win the comp, even without Snake & Wolfy for a while. Des just has to pick the right team from that squad.

You're right Duff, and the outsiders people are talking about are mostly crap.  Sammit is rubbish.

DSM5 link said:
You're right Duff, and the outsiders people are talking about are mostly crap.  Sammit is rubbish.

He is going to O/S either Catalan or Celtic

Crisp has moved to the bush

Duff link said:
We don't need to buy anyone in. We have the squad to win the comp, even without Snake & Wolfy for a while. Des just has to pick the right team from that squad.
Very positive line of thinking. Anything can happen at this stage of the comp. It's anybody's. All teams are equal, though some are more equal than others. Go Manly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6