What We Need - And Soon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Not a reaction to getting beaten last night but we really need

A Prop

Around 25 years old

With some NRL Experience, 20- 40 games.

Big Fast and mobile.

Keen to make a name for himself.

Eats raw meat on match day.

Frightened of no one.

If he has mate with the same credentials we could take him too.

bob dylan said:

A Prop

Around 25 years old

Big Fast and mobile.

Frightened of no one.

One that doesn't see himself as an extra half-back either, and can hold onto the ball like it's gold.

Mitchell Dodds, Lama Tasi, JWH?

Kite thinks that he is a 5/8, Joe can barely walk let alone run, Lussick has shown nothing this year to demonstrate why anyone would want to sign him.

Last night showed why we cannot afford to lose t-rex.

Yeah if we could let kite go and replace him with a decent forward it would be a good start. I think mauro is improving and will be a great prop in a few years. Also like I said last week I think trex is more important then foran or snake to our team atm.

Any in reserve grade? We certainly can't afford to recruit; just trying to ward off clubs from raiding our current squad.
How did George play?

Kitey did a good pass to Jorge off the kick-off but that's it. He needs to plow forward, not fall in to tackles. Kingy's had some good games this year but not last night.

I wonder if that's how he's being trained?
They both can't be that bad. Remember 2010 when they were both called powder-puffs? The next few games they were both awesome. Perhaps they need a bit of name-calling again.

bob dylan said:

A Prop

Around 25 years old

Big Fast and mobile.

Frightened of no one.

Sam Kasiano - big, fast, mobile, good offload, very few mistakes.

A win against the dogs.

Stronger defense to enable the line to be set and move up quickly.

More than anything, for all 17 players to rip in for 80mins.

EagleRock40 said:
bob dylan said:

A Prop

Around 25 years old

Big Fast and mobile.

Frightened of no one.

Sam Kasiano - big, fast, mobile, good offload, very few mistakes.

Agreed....

But I thought I would try to understand what other props are doing more of statistically. I was expected the 6 props chosen for city/country and Australia to really stand out....apart from Gallen, Kite and King are not lagging too much in stats - although kite has some catching up to do. Threw in Sam Kasiano amd matt Scott for some further comparison...

Looking at the stats below, what do people here think we need in a prop? Or are these stats not capturing what we need?

propstats3.png

You know what we need?? We need the hard arse factor. The guys in the top list have that hard as rock factor, where-as King and Kite aren't as scary.

We need some really tough, scary grunt

Someone that really wants it , I get the feeling our guys have won a couple of prems and
Seem to be going through the motions, being good mates and picking up a pay check!!!

bob dylan said:

A Prop

Around 25 years old

Big Fast and mobile.

Frightened of no one.

I suggested last week that our props were not up to the task and did not compare favourably to the props at most other clubs. Those comments did not go down well.

I agree 100% with the above post.

The Who said:
Any in reserve grade? We certainly can't afford to recruit; just trying to ward off clubs from raiding our current squad.
How did George play?

My daughter ran into George at Supafest yesterday and she asked him what has been happening with him and why he hasn't played 1st grade this season. He said he's been injured. She knows the truth and wasn't fooled but got a picture with him anyway.

When George first came on to the scene I was a huge fan. He had size, a step, made yards, and was a real character. He had all the hallmarks of becoming a cult figure and fan favourite for us. It's a real pity he couldn't maintain a reasonable weight and enthusiasm. I have given up on him.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4