What will be a good season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
One week in and apparently in a deeper hole than the one we were in at the end of last year, my thoughts turn to what would be a successful season for MWSE?
For me winning week one of the finals- from anywhere in the eight- and the players putting in for the club on a united front would be success.

I'm not confident that any of that will happen though.

Thoughts?

One week in and apparently in a deeper hole than the one we were in at the end of last year, my thoughts turn to what would be a successful season for MWSE?
For me winning week one of the finals- from anywhere in the eight- and the players putting in for the club on a united front would be success.

I'm not confident that any of that will happen though.

Thoughts?
I think you make a very fair assessment.

Up to this point its : 'if we make it into the Eight' it'll be a good outcome, and right now it looks unlikely.

However, think this is 'jumping to early conclusions'. Lets give another couple of weeks to asses Manly form, Kieran's future team, hamstring, How the forwards blend, - If and How 2V can respond. Losing Gutho on top of all the other stuff is NOT GOOD.

I'm confident of another exciting Year @:)

Change is inevitable and it reinvigorates the whole Team.
It is only we Fans who dramatize the Player movements. I'm sure that the Players see every multi million dollar deal, as something to aspire to. A new payment level has been set, so to speak.

The Media assault on 2v, Matty and whoever is next, will only strengthen the Fortress:happy:
Matty was just on Fox Sports stating that the Media need to be held accountable for all these spurious rumors.

Bring it on! - Brookie on Saturday should be rocking :inlove:

1. Push through all the bull**** and finish top 4.

2. Make a bunch of big signings so 2016 has us gunning for another premiership.

3. Stability.

4. Phil Rothfield gets the sack.

I think if Tooves get's us 2 finish 10th or better he has done an outstanding job. Both halves quitting weak forwards and very poor depth. I feel sorry for the champ as he is at the moment trying 2 keep a rabble together.

Up until half time i thought we were honestly going to win the game. We looked like a better balanced team that needed to click and we'd run away with the game.

I honestly think we'll make the finals again this year despite whatever is going on within the ranks. The guys just need some time on the park together and things will get better.

We are all over reacting far to much considering the following players were missing:

Starling
Tafua
Matai
Buhrer

The following are new players to the first grade team:

Mason
Mateo
Burgess
Leary

The following players were not regulars last season:

Cheyse Blair
Clint Gutherson

And the following players were injured and could not take part in sections of the game:

Kieran Foran
Clint Gutherson

Chill out people. We showed some good stuff in the first half given the above situation.

Last edited:
A lot will still depend on the commitment to the cause from our two halves, one is going, one has yet to commit. We need to unite as a team and get the players happy, I saw barely a smile out there on Friday even when we were in the game. We need a structure and game plan to counter these big packs. And we need players playing for their place in the team.

It is only round one, but we need to string a few early wins together to get the confidence back.

Add to that Starling and the fact BJ and Killer were probably not 100% and it was a way bigger game for Parra after all the rubbish Choc crapped out.

If we get flogged by Melbourne, then we should start asking questions.

I'm not reading too much into the parra performance. it was 40 sh** minutes of football. Hardly time to start writing up contingency plans after 1 round.

We have some players to come back, and i expect that with DCE now having made "The Decision 2016" (coming soon to a theatre near you), then we will galvanise and start to fire.

Honesty with players leaving so the air is clean & the amount available in the salary cap can be utilised instead of the best available players being signed elsewhere while Manly sit in limbo.
Taumololo would have been a perfect fit - but too little too late.
Not a super impressive availability outside our own backyard so maybe look close to home before making rash signings for the sake of it.
An aggressive assault from the fowards this Sat to wipe away some embarressment from last Fridays effort will go a long way to showing it was just a poor show & the boys are in for the fight in 2015.
Lastly - regardless of who is staying, gone or inbetween - support them all in 2015 as they still represent the Seaeagles & boo the crap out of them come 2016.

Up until half time i thought we were honestly going to win the game. We looked like a better balanced team that needed to click and we'd run away with the game.

I honestly think we'll make the finals again this year despite whatever is going on within the ranks. The guys just need some time on the park together and things will get better.

We are all over reacting far to much considering the following players were missing:

Starling
Tafua
Matai
Buhrer

The following are new players to the first grade team:

Mason
Mateo
Burgess
Leary

The following players were not regulars last season:

Cheyse Blair
Clint Gutherson

And the following players were injured and could not take part in sections of the game:

Kieran Foran
Clint Gutherson

Chill out people. We showed some good stuff in the first half given the above situation.
Regardless of all those set backs we still could have won that game if our forwards didn't crumble

I think not getting beat by margins of 13+ every week will be a start

We have the talent when everyone is fit to make the 8 whether or not the team has the right mind set to do so with everything going on is another matter

Getting everything sorted and making the top 8.

Play next weekend forget training the next day. Let the team have a bonding session piss up behind closed doors and try and get some moral back.

Worst case keep one tradition alive ............ Not to get the first spoon.

I think we should be aiming to winning 3 of our first 5 matches.

Then reassess and see if we can pick up 3 or 4 of the next 5.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4