Whatmough's dough blown.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
Let this be a lesson to us all. Anthony has done a truckload of cash, probably close to a mill, after investing with a property developer who has just declared himself bankrupt owing $60 million. Doubtful he'll get any back. Maybe now he'll play on for another ten years.

link

http://www.smh.com.au/business/mirvacs-xman-sharpens-clause-20121023-283dx.html

Trying to make a quick buck, anyway at least he's young enough to get that money back (over a very long term of course)

Mark from Brisbane said:
Trying to make a quick buck, anyway at least he's young enough to get that money back (over a very long term of course)

The worry is though Mark what is Choc qualified to do post footy?

At the moment property developement is a disaster,you have to rely on the market moving constantly forward, and at the moment it's just not happening, have a look at the Tigers developement in Balmain,i reckon the Sharks will be in trouble as well.
I hope his manager warned him of the risks involved before jumping in

I wonder if he received some advice from Max Krillich who went bankrupt from dealing with a property developer in QLD? Or maybe Craig McDermott or Jarrod Mccracken or any of the dozens of devlopers who have gone bust in QLD since 2008?

Not a good time to be invested in most things.

A quick buck is hard to pass up,but as they say a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush atm.

You are just speculating that he lost $1 million. It says he was part of a group of people. It doesn't say how many there was. Choc might have only invested $500 000 or paid for one unit and not over commuted himself. All investments are prone to go belly up at any minute.

tookey said:
I wonder if he received some advice from Max Krillich who went bankrupt from dealing with a property developer in QLD? Or maybe Brett McDermott or Jarrod Mccracken or any of the dozens of devlopers who have gone bust in QLD since 2008?

Who is Brett Mcdermott, is he any relation to Craig :D

Mals said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Strike Investment consultant off the list
And Tim Sheens butler
And club sponsor agent
Any others ???

The Wheel said:
tookey said:
I wonder if he received some advice from Max Krillich who went bankrupt from dealing with a property developer in QLD? Or maybe Brett McDermott or Jarrod Mccracken or any of the dozens of devlopers who have gone bust in QLD since 2008?

Who is Brett Mcdermott, is he any relation to Craig :D

I was watching the Brett Fulton highlights DVD when I was typing that post. I meant Craig Mcdermott.

beaverlyons said:
Mals said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

And Tim Sheens butler
And club sponsor agent
Any others ???

Window cleaner- in partnership with Stevie M...?

Vyssini said:
beaverlyons said:
Mals said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

And Tim Sheens butler
And club sponsor agent
Any others ???

The frontman for a Don't Drink & Drive campaign.

Nthn NSW said:
Not a good time to be invested in most things.

A quick buck is hard to pass up,but as they say a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush atm.
Guess you can't expect the same sort of security that the big city banks have in the bush but birds getting into the ATMs is a bit of a worry. I reckon you'd have trouble getting them out the slot too.:(

Mals said:
Vyssini said:
beaverlyons said:
Mals said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

And Tim Sheens butler
And club sponsor agent
Any others ???

The frontman for a Don't Drink & Drive campaign.
Clearly there is a spot waiting for him in the media, namely the role currently filled by Mark Geyer.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6