What's really wrong with Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
"Executive Sports Editor Phil Rothfield will blog live today at 1pm to reveal what’s really wrong with Manly – and it’s all to do with egos"

Exact same blog - except change the name of the team - and bingo - blogs running for 16 days.

I sent in a comment asking if this was not a media beat up...trying to make a story last longer.....

If the Daily telegraph didnt have the form guide I would not buy it, those hacks are a joke and IMO can go and get fukd.

A News Ltd journalist putting a positive spin on News Ltd and its investments and associates (NRL, Storm, Sharks, etc), and pointing his index finger at ARL loyal teams.

OK.

Having said that, the best lies are those that have an element of truth to drag you in.

that people honestly think that Johnny on the front desk journalist actually carry these News Ltd agendas is hilarious.

My company has direct rivals that have previously brought us to our knees, however none of us have an agenda against them and are quick to praise their successes and work with them.

I think people should ask themselves whether they have an agenda themselves. Lets be fair here, Watmough isn't known for his cool, calm and calculated demeanor is he?

Fair enough Stewart was crucified in the press, but had that been say Newcastle as premiers and a similar thing happened, the papers would have been just as vocal. High profile player, high profile team.

this doesn't justify any of it, but seriously sometimes a little dash of honesty about whats going on wouldnt go astray people

They would not even post my question... which was in short..

If the NRL is so serious about cleaning up the image of rugby league.. Why don't the media stop printing negative articles for 12 months and let the NRL have a go at it without you blokes making it 5 times has hard for them?

Here is one post

Lets just settle down here, the team has only lost 2 games, there is still plenty of football to be played, Last year they lost there first 2 games and then demolished the rest of the NRL from there on.

So let me guess you think Watmough should pull his head in?? They will be a 20 point better side when Stewart is back.

Choc of Syd (Reply)
Tue 24 Mar 09 (12:38pm)

Phil Rothfields reply starts "They are missing both Stewart and Watmough no doubt......."

Maybe if the clown watched a game or two he'd realise Watmough played the first two rounds...... what a moran.

DSM5 link said:
Chip & Chase,I think that's moron. 

Sorry mate, that's a bit of old joke here, someone made that typo  mistake before and now I call morons, morans.

Actually Canteen, if you watched Underbelly 1 you might have noticed that the Morans were real morons, in that none of them had a big large ferocious dog, and thus their assassins lay in wait for them in their front gardens.  Silly really, when a dog might have saved their sorry arses.  I always thought that big time criminals lived behind large walls and had man-eating dogs to protect them.  This is not really football related.

Dan link said:
that people honestly think that Johnny on the front desk journalist actually carry these News Ltd agendas is hilarious.
You're a refreshingly trusting soul, Dan.

Rothfield is an editor, employed by News Ltd solely to look after News Ltd interests. He stops doing that, he is no longer employed by News Ltd.

Can you name a company which has implemented a policy privileging unbiased truth over the company's selfish best interests?  When companies start issuing press releases damning their own environmental record, unprompted, and the like, then I'll eat my pajamas.

Not that I wear any.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6