What's the go?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I've just walked in after 10 hours of mowing hell....can someone give it to me in a nutshell what happened today with the sponsorship thingy???...thanks

Penn and quantum joint sponsors for 2011.

People are upset that this means we failed in attracting a real sponsor and general outrage is being flung toward Lowe and for some reason that I haven't got my head around yet, zorba

thanks Dan...on the face of it...this doesn't seem like the end of the world to me? A sponsor is a sponsor...surely?

wombatgc link said:
thanks Dan...on the face of it...this doesn't seem like the end of the world to me? A sponsor is a sponsor...surely?

No, it's millions of dollars the owners could have put towards bettering the team in other ways, as we could have relied upon the extra few million from a different party.

In a SMALL business, and I repeat, a 10,000,000 odd turnover business is small, and extra 1 million, or 10% sales growth is substantial.

Put it this way. This money that could have come in from a 3rd party, may have cost us additional players, because the owners are throwing in monies some other bloke should have been.

Well that part is good any sponsor and dollars is better than none.

From my opinion it's more the failure on behalf of the management team that this represents that is a concern. It doesn't exactly fill me with confidence

Dan link said:

From my opinion it's more the failure on behalf of the management team that this represents that is a concern. It doesn't exactly fill me with confidence

Didn't Max Delmege herald Graham Lowe as the best CEO ever? Hey even Arko said this:-

“He’s got a lot of ability, he’s very good at people management, has tremendous knowledge of the game and "he’s got enormous contacts."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Where the **** are these contacts Arko?

wombatgc link said:
I've just walked in after 10 hours of mowing hell....can someone give it to me in a nutshell what happened today with the sponsorship thingy???...thanks

some light reading >> http://www.silvertails.net/forums/index.php?topic=186575.0

What did you expect from Arko, "Lowe's crap and my team I've built up will go down the toilet".  Get real.  It's not just Lowe who's at fault here.  All the management team must put their hands up.  

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=186587.msg318636#msg318636 date=1298886306]

Didn't Max Delmege herald Graham Lowe as the best CEO ever? Hey even Arko said this:-

“He’s got a lot of ability, he’s very good at people management, has tremendous knowledge of the game and "he’s got enormous contacts."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Where the f**k are these contacts Arko?
[/quote]

He was talking about his contact lenses.  Either that or his enormous cateracts

DSM5 link said:
What did you expect from Arko, \"Lowe's crap and my team I've built up will go down the toilet\".  Get real.  It's not just Lowe who's at fault here.  All the management team must put their hands up. 

Ok mate - fair point, and taken on board. We are just "behind" other clubs in a lot of areas.

I'd love Lowe if he instigated some cutting edge, innovative plans to secure our future, so it's not personal against him, please accept my word on that.

What we get, is a threat to move our home games to Manly Oval, and we can't find a real sponsor, so the owners are stumping up more cash.

DSM5 link said:
What did you expect from Arko, \"Lowe's crap and my team I've built up will go down the toilet\".  Get real.  It's not just Lowe who's at fault here.  All the management team must put their hands up. 

Well then so is Arko and so are you & I DSM.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6