whats the go..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jjai

Reserve Grader
Whats the f`n go with the price of banana`s these days?? i can buy a kilo of t-bone steak cheaper than a kilo of banana`s.. Did you QLD`ers finally find a rort hey hold NSW to ransom over the Banana pricing.
Seriously that bad weather spell was like 3months ago surely we should have cheaper banana`s by now grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.. sorry i went grocery shopping today just a whinge.. :argue:
i had to by pass them yet again..

takes a bit more than 3 months to grow a bannana tree from ground level Jjai.

I agree they went up suspiciously fast in the beggining, but dont expect cheapos till next summer

supply and demand. Most houses here have banana trees in the backyard. And there is a bloke on the Esplanade that sells them out of the back of his truck for next to nothing. I will buy them and on sell them if you like

Daniel said:
supply and demand. Most houses here have banana trees in the backyard. And there is a bloke on the Esplanade that sells them out of the back of his truck for next to nothing. I will buy them and on sell them if you like

hahahaha by the time i get them DAN they will be nothing but garden mulch ..lol

Fro said:

I agree they went up suspiciously fast in the beggining, but dont expect cheapos till next summer

Surely not every tree in all the plantations in QLD copped it i can understand maybe 2 thirds of the crops going, but come on ..Like i said they still had enough to cover both states(like dan says everyone has a banana tree in their back yard)i cant see QLD`rs buying them if they have them growing in their yards..It`s just a rort i wouldnt be suprised if woolies have scouts out there(QLD)& they buy out ppl like you were talking about Dan(the guy who sells from back of his truck)& then hike the price up for us in NSW..

You have to understand that the supermarkets etc have their own specific growers that they buy from. If they buy from other growers then they are likely to breach the contracts.

The main growers were 100% flattened, the entire region. The cyclone covered an area almost as big as NSW itself

Daniel said:
You have to understand that the supermarkets etc have their own specific growers that they buy from. If they buy from other growers then they are likely to breach the contracts.

The main growers were 100% flattened, the entire region. The cyclone covered an area almost as big as NSW itself

Dan them growers obviously cant supply them any way, so they would be in breach i`m sure in times like these woolies do & can source from elsewhere(worldwide). Got a bag of oranges the other week didnt realise they were product of usa, i wouldnt have bought them.they were 2.98 for 3kg bag navels.

Most Oranges come frozen from California though we still grow a large amount locally.

jjai said:
Daniel said:

hahahaha by the time i get them DAN they will be nothing but garden mulch ..lol

Fro said:

Surely not every tree in all the plantations in QLD copped it i can understand maybe 2 thirds of the crops going, but come on ..Like i said they still had enough to cover both states(like dan says everyone has a banana tree in their back yard)i cant see QLD`rs buying them if they have them growing in their yards..It`s just a rort i wouldnt be suprised if woolies have scouts out there(QLD)& they buy out ppl like you were talking about Dan(the guy who sells from back of his truck)& then hike the price up for us in NSW..

plant some!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8