What's the statue like Bob?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fantastic. There are pictures etc at the 2gb website.

http://www.rugbyleaguelive.com.au/cct/ray-warren-statue

Just back from watching the Call team.

Ray Warren was so gracious and humble, he has donated $4000 a year to Junee for an achiever in the town. It wont be the best sportsman or dux of the school, but someone who serves the town.

Bob Fulton signed my jersey and a heap of cards for me. He was great to chat with, he is just back from Hawaii. He told me we are sweet tomorrow against the Roosters.

I got photos with all the boys and chatted to the Big Marns partner.. All the families came with the guys.

I cant speak highly enough of these guys, they were so generous with their time, both last night and today.

Even the premier came to town for the weekend and mixed with everyone. David Gyngall from Channel 9 was in town too.

A great day.

Big Marn isnt married, he asked once, she knocked him back, he never asked again..

Sounds like a good day though.

It poured down in the morning, but by the time the Call team went on air it remained overcast but dry. The sun appeared later in the day.

And yeah it was a funny day, and night (Friday), lots of laughs.

Did you guys check the photos of the statue on the link above? What did you think of the likeness?

bob dylan said:
It poured down in the morning, but by the time the Call team went on air it remained overcast but dry. The sun appeared later in the day.

And yeah it was a funny day, and night (Friday), lots of laughs.

Did you guys check the photos of the statue on the link above? What did you think of the likeness?
Doesnt look nothing like him what a joke.....

well mr seagles you agree with the people of Junee I have spoken too.

bob dylan said:
well mr seagles you agree with the people of Junee I have spoken too.

Yeah good point mr seagles the nose is miles too small for a starter....

tough work doing a bronze and its a vanishing skill - its not like painting a portrait

Good story Bob

You are right brookiegreg.

When it was unveiled I thought "wow what a great statue, but who the hell is it".

But as I hung around over the next couple of hours I really came to appreciate it. In fact like I said in the opening post I reckon its fantastic.

Big Mouth Voss might have done his job at 9 over his brain-dead comments about the statue.

Apparently Hadley went right off this morning over Voss' comments.

It's hard to comprehend how dumb Voss is. Gyngell (his boss at Nine) organised and paid for a statue to pay homage to the guy he is the understudy to. And Voss slags it off.

Gyngell is meeting with Voss over the comments.

Voss may become one of The Things You Might Have Missed.

bob dylan said:
Big Mouth Voss might have done his job at 9 over his brain-dead comments about the statue.

Apparently Hadley went right off this morning over Voss' comments.

It's hard to comprehend how dumb Voss is. Gyngell (his boss at Nine) organised and paid for a statue to pay homage to the guy he is the understudy to. And Voss slags it off.

Voss is an embarrassing twit at times and a million times less funny than he thinks he is...

Gyngell might be doing us all a favour in giving him a one way bus ticket to channel 10......:angel:

bob dylan said:

I bet nothing happens to him over it (at the most his punishment will amount to nothing more than being told to keep his comments to himself).

From news.com

UPDATED: Ray Warren's understudy was branded a "moron" and a "grub" for mocking a statue honouring the Channel 9 sports caller.

And a raging Ray Hadley kept up his attack on Sunday Roast host Andrew Voss today over the Nine caller's comments questioning the likeness of the sculpture unveiled in Warren's home town of Junee on Saturday.

``Anyone who wants to rain on Ray Warren's parade after such a wonderful weekend has no judgement,'' Hadley said on his 2GB show this morning.

``And as I said yesterday, and I will repeat it again today in relation to this fellow, the gulf between Ray Warren and Andrew Voss as broadcasters is immeasurable. The gap between them as men is even wider.''

Voss appeared on Triple M's Grill Team this morning to respond to the attack.

'I’m staggered by, sorry to take the wind out of the story but I spoke to Rabs yesterday afternoon ... and Rabs didn’t have a problem with what we said, so if Ray Warren doesn’t have a problem with what was said ... why is there this drama,'' Voss told the show's Matty Johns, Mark Geyer and Gus Worland.

``On the Channel Nine football team we’ve got a strong mateship, and part of that mateship is taking the mickey out of each other on a regular basis, you only have to listen to our commentary and the footy show, and what was said on the Sunday Roast yesterday, in relation to Rabs statue, it was delivered in a fun context, questioning the likeness of the statue to Rabs...as indeed he had done previously himself.''

Voss continued: "What was said on the Sunday Roast in relation to Ray Warren’s statue was delivered in a fun context questioning the likeness of the statue to Rabs, as indeed he had done previously himself.

"Personally I consider it a privilege to work with Ray Warren, a man that has taught me more about broadcasting than anyone else in my 25 years in the media.

"To be honoured with the statue in his hometown is something we are all proud about here, as was stated in the first segment of the show, as a fitting tribute to a talented commentator."

Yesterday, Nine spokesman David Hurley said: "Andrew's judgment has failed him, after all this was a celebration of Ray Warren and everything he has done for league."

But the person least impressed by Voss's comments is said to be Nine boss David Gyngell, who was in Junee for the unveiling.

Voss is a goober, but Hadley's a flat out stain.

All Voss said was that it doesn't look like Rabs. Which is correct. Hadley's just pissed that Voss didn't suck up his arse like everyone else has.

If Voss has annoyed David Gyngell then that would be about the first useful thing I've ever heard of him doing.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2