Whats this rubbish - switching off

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYEagle

Bencher
What an absolute load of garbage...

Something seriously wrong with the Manly team - does the team have the flu or something?

Major referee assist - horrible decisions the whole night

.......and i can't stand the FOX commentators - major bias against Manly, its like they are gay Knights cheerleaders.

I've switched off - makes me sick.

Yeah I know tell me about it very embarrassing performance.
All the crap teams can put big points on us it's scary to think of how many the Dog's will put on us next week

Did you notice neither Stewarts or Matai are not playing.

Some of the boys playing look like they have already moved onto their 2013 clubs. Maybe we need to send them on their way now.

bob dylan said:
Did you notice neither Stewarts or Matai are playing.

Some of the boys playing look like they have already moved onto their 2013 clubs. Maybe we need to send them on their way now.

Please don't make excuses. The Knights are also missing some of their best players. Fact is, their coach started resting their players 15 minutes out. This is another example of how much we have regressed under Geoff Toovey.

Who are Newcastle missing? Kidley? They are better without him.

We played ****, they played well. They were allowed to control the ruck speed. We played too shallow in attack. A couple of soft tries after being frustrated for long periods.

Lets not all carry on like pork-chops.

Unbelievable...!!! No excuses for an incredibly dismal performance from Manly.

Last weeks second half was a shocker and today's game, utter rubbish.

I am glad I did not waste my petrol to go and support them at Newcastle today.

Spuds Bodyguard said:
f**k off Ryan. Who are Newcastle missing? Kidley? They are better without him.

We played s**t, they played well. They were allowed to control the ruck speed. We played too shallow in attack. As for the rest who gives a f**k.

Settle down Spuds Bodyguard. Kids view these forums. Just relax. Remember, it is just a forum, and it is just a game. Raging does you, and your health no good.

Take a deep breath, count to ten, wash your face, shake yourself off, and come back more balanced, please.

I know your upset about losing - but unleashing on people you don't know because of their opinion adds no value whatsoever.

It comes across as irate, irrational, unintelligent and unbalanced.

Facts are, The Knights have rep quality players out. That is a fact. Facts are, we have regressed from where we were last year. That is a fact. Facts are, our play has regressed since Des Hasler left - look at the stats to justify this.

I mearly stated what is. You go on an internet rage.

Now, I know your not irate, irrational, unintelligent and unbalanced (or I THINK as much), so if your not, that's not directed at you. If you ARE raging, well, the point stands.

Breathe mate, breaaaathe....

Ryan said:
bob dylan said:

Please don't make excuses. The Knights are also missing some of their best players. Fact is, their coach started resting their players 15 minutes out. This is another example of how much we have regressed under Geoff Toovey.

Please don't tell me what to do. The knights were great Manly weren't.

You can find another team to follow if you don't like Manly, I will stick with them as I have done for almost forty years.

I'll tell you what If manly get beat by 100 every week for the rest of the season I will be happy compared to the news I received a few days ago, footy means ****.

bob dylan said:
Ryan said:
bob dylan said:

Please don't tell me what to do. The knights were great Manly weren't.

You can find another team to follow if you don't like Manly, I will stick with them as I have done for almost forty years.

I'll tell you what If manly get beat by 100 every week for the rest of the season I will be happy compared to the news I received a few days ago, footy means s**t.

Who's suggesting that Bob? Who's suggesting they will go support another team? I would suggest everyone who posts on these forums would be as just a good a fan as your trying to assimilate yourself with and as.

These comments aren't about you, or I. As I keep saying - people are commenting on Manly, and their perception. Is it so hard for people to keep things not personal?

I have this same discussion with my 9 year old son when he's bickering with his mates while playing Wii.

We are adults. We should be open to opinion. How many times to I have to repeat this, for people to show respect for each other, and for all of us to have empathy towards someone's opinion, regardless of whether we agree or not.

Don't know you Bob from a bar of soap. If I wanted to discuss you, or I, or how we feel about each other, I wouldn't do so on a footy forum. Same goes for everyone.

I'm beginning to think that this club has made one of the worst blunders in the history of league letting go one of the best coaching/recruiting teams there is.. Hasler and Cleal.

Here here Bob.

My take:

Injuries, suspensions, the flu (do they give these guys the vaccine as a precautionary measure?), disruption in the off season, new coach, players distracted by contract negotiations. It all adds up. Despite all that, I don't think the scoreboard was a true reflection of the team's performance tonight. Sometimes the luck isn't with you - think Uate's second try.

We probably won't win this year and the team appears to be playing that way. And we are up against the last two decades of history.

On the positive side, we are still in the 8, we should still make the finals and anything can happen from there. But whatever happens, this will be a learning year for Toovey. He'll be the better for it. And I still think we can beat the Dishlickers on Friday! Go Manly!

Phantar said:
Here here Bob.

My take:

Injuries, suspensions, the flu (do they give these guys the vaccine as a precautionary measure?), disruption in the off season, new coach, players distracted by contract negotiations. It all adds up. Despite all that, I don't think the scoreboard was a true reflection of the team's performance tonight. Sometimes the luck isn't with you - think Uate's second try.

We probably won't win this year and the team appears to be playing that way. And we are up against the last two decades of history.

On the positive side, we are still in the 8, we should still make the finals and anything can happen from there. But whatever happens, this will be a learning year for Toovey. He'll be the better for it. And I still think we can beat the Dishlickers on Friday! Go Manly!

Will be tough, but we have done it already, at their home ground.

As I said though, not many teams boast our depth, so apart from tonight, which I think is understandable, our performances this year in the "whole" seems to lack that killer punch - just very inconsistent.

I do hope this season is going to be a learning lesson, because next season is going to be a whole lot tougher with all the talent leaving the team.

The salary cap has really got its claws into us. We need some muscle and aggression. Hopefully the team have a few players back next week.

Also, I enjoyed seeing Robinson run around tonight. He did ok.

Phantar said:
Yes I like Robbo too. I think he is underrated. A lot like Mark Bryant, but probably more mobile.

And still really young. He's really seemed to beef up though since arriving??? Is that just me noticing that? He was a good, energetic, fast paced player, and has seemed to transition into a metre cruncher....

Don't know.

Ryan said:
bob dylan said:

Mate I love youR passion, but you need to ditch your anti Geoff Toovey agenda if you want to debate the issues at hand.

How did Manly go in 2009 under Des with B. Stewart the only injury issue during the year? Also 2010?

Do you remember the result in 2009 and 2010 at Newcastle? Heavy losses.

Volley said:
Ryan said:
bob dylan said:

Mate I love youR passion, but you need to ditch your anti Geoff Toovey agenda if you want to debate the issues at hand.

How did Manly go in 2009 under Des with B. Stewart the only injury issue during the year? Also 2010?

Do you remember the result in 2009 and 2010 at Newcastle? Heavy losses.

I remember mate. But for some reason, the feeling was different. I don't know. I felt we were more.....dunno......stabilised or something? I felt more confident. Maybe I'm wrong, but the only thing I can put that down to, is Toovey. I'm very happy to have my mind changed about that, and happy to be wrong, don't get me wrong here.

Spuds...apart from your abuse in that thread mate, I agree, and it was a good assessment. We played shallow and they dominated the ruck like you say.

But why?

For some reason, people keep saying we are injured and ill. But I'm different mate is all. I have plenty of faith in our support cast and depth. I think we'd have a number of combo's that could win us the comp - THIS YEAR.

For that reason, I blame coaching - whether that is right or wrong remains to be seen. I understand why everyone is on Toovey's corner. He's an Eagles boy through and through. I'm just trying to assess what he does analytically, and in almost every area of the field, we are behind where we were last year.

With the playing roster we have (maybe I DO rate them too highly), I don't believe we should be in this position.

Hmmm, it is obvious we have some passionate people here, which is definitely not a bad thing. And it is great that we have a place to express ourselves.
I for one was really disappointed with Manly's performance today and am thankful I have somewhere to vent.
Manly are still and always will be, number one to me.

It was just a very disappointing game today and there have been other games this year that were equally disappointing. It is very hard to see my much loved team, play so erratically at times.

Manly management have a lot to answer for also. They let Des walk out, they let T-Rex go and they still have not signed off on Wolfman etc, etc. How many players have we lost and how many are we going too??? Very disheartening......!!!

But I guess as a team, we really need to pull together and get on with it. No matter what is happening, life happens, we need to push past uncertainties, injuries etc and focus on the prize. I just did not feel that their heart was in today or a few other games this season actually.

It is the management and the players who need to look at their attitude and pull their socks up and hold their heads high.

Ryan said:
Spuds Bodyguard said:
f**k off Ryan. Who are Newcastle missing? Kidley? They are better without him.

We played s**t, they played well. They were allowed to control the ruck speed. We played too shallow in attack. As for the rest who gives a f**k.

Settle down Spuds Bodyguard. Kids view these forums. Just relax. Remember, it is just a forum, and it is just a game. Raging does you, and your health no good.

Take a deep breath, count to ten, wash your face, shake yourself off, and come back more balanced, please.

I know your upset about losing - but unleashing on people you don't know because of their opinion adds no value whatsoever.

It comes across as irate, irrational, unintelligent and unbalanced.

Facts are, The Knights have rep quality players out. That is a fact. Facts are, we have regressed from where we were last year. That is a fact. Facts are, our play has regressed since Des Hasler left - look at the stats to justify this.

I mearly stated what is. You go on an internet rage.

Now, I know your not irate, irrational, unintelligent and unbalanced (or I THINK as much), so if your not, that's not directed at you. If you ARE raging, well, the point stands.

Breathe mate, breaaaathe....

ryan...there was nothing wrong with spuds bodyguard's "tirade" !....please explain??

ahh....i see...i have missed the unedited version!...soory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7