What's wrong with America.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man

Russell Crowe is preparing to pay $14 million to the New York hotel clerk whom he is accused of assaulting, a British newspaper has reported.

Crowe tried to phone Australia from his New York hotel room early on June 6.

Enraged by the inability of the phone to obtain an outside line, Crowe is alleged to have hurled it at the duty hotel clerk, Nestor "Josh" Estrada.

The Daily Mail said yesterday that Mr Estrada was close to signing a $14 million agreement to drop charges against the actor and reject all media interviews in the future.

"The security video is damning [if it entered the courtroom]," a source close to Crowe was quoted as saying.

The source said a guilty finding would have a "near-fatal" effect on Crowe's career, preventing him from shooting movies in the US or undertaking publicity tours and attending awards such as the Oscars.

Crowe last night delivered a motivational talk to his beloved South Sydney rugby league team, which scored a come-from-behind 29-16 win over Canberra.

Some people get bird pooh on their heads, others get a bloody casket of gold coins. Incredible!

If it had been me that threw the phone he might not have recieved a brass cent, nor would he have expected it.

I wonder how they came up with the figure of $15 million?

Maybe $1m at the absolute most but $15M is a joke. If he did that in Australia the concierge would probably have got a couple of hundred grand at the most.

I suppose Crowe has no option but to pay because if it goes to court he will probably lose his ability to make movies in the US which will costs him probably 100 times what he is paying out.

This will no doubt now make him a target for all the fools in the world who will bait him avery time he goes out in public and try an get him to throw a telephone at them. He will need an army of body guards in future.

Crowe had no option. If I was Crowe I'd be tempted to counter-sue - for blackmail.

Would't it be cheaper for Crowe to find a couple of gang mambers from harlem or south los angeles to bump off Mr Estrada? It would probably only costs him a couple of hundred bucks for these guys to get rid of his problem. No complainant then no problem?

Then Crowe could do a movie about it and make a couple of hundred millions dollars.

As they say - it could only happen in America.

Can we now compare Rusty to Michael Jackson in that they both paid vast amounts of money to make court cases disapear in reality it would be a bit like your average worker paying a $10,000 fine if you bump into Crowe on a night out hand him your mobile and then yell Souths suck as loud as you can

It is quite obvious that Americans are what iswrong with America

Staff online

• lsz
    First Grader
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8