When do we give DCE a run?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Hodko showed no improvement on the last month and we wont come close at this rate.

DCE needs to play a minimum of 3 games this year to give him something genuine to work at over the off season.

Do we start soon or do we wait to later and hope he can get some finals experoence?

I would say 2 more weeks.  If no improvement give DCE a run and see what he can do.  If Des thinks DCE is not ready Foran to half and Lyon to 5/8 if Th is playing ordinary. 

when we coming equal 10th with 3 other teams & two games to go .. ":\

jjai link said:
when we coming equal 10th with 3 other teams & two games to go .. \":\
.. sorry guys kinda pissed off that was sarcasm lol..

If he's still ordinary in a few weeks we might as well give Cherry Evans a go. Hodkinson isn't doing much at the moment, all our good plays seem to come from Foran.

When he's good enough. If he wasn't good enough to get the gig over TH to start with than what are we achieving ? There were plenty of experts that were calling for Hodkinson to be brought in because he would kill it,.... he hasn't.

When Lyon is back and if we must get rid of TH, then the only sensible move is Foran to 7 and Lyon to 6. Whare can play centre.

It's not like playing him is going to stop us winning if you catch my drift. We look pedestrian in attack.

Of course they are pedestrians. Do you think we should put a couple of our guys on motor scooters?

my 1st post here guys & ladies...DCE probably still a bit raw for 1st grade, Lyon and Foran as our halves, Matai and Whare as centres. Hodko and DCE in QLD cup?

Gazza link said:
my 1st post here guys & ladies...DCE probably still a bit raw for 1st grade, Lyon and Foran as our halves, Matai and Whare as centres. Hodko and DCE in QLD cup?

As a Bank Manager, I feel comfortable my friend in saying....Approved !

i think if we are rebuilding for a couple of years give him a  few games this year ,if we seriously want to be contenders then we need a big name no 7 immediately ,hodko has been dissapointing to say the least for a while now ,his kicking is atrocious for an 800k player if i was the dogs id be worried .......then again hell probably go there and kill it ,i hope im wrong though

MANLY4LIFE link said:
i think if we are rebuilding for a couple of years give him a  few games this year ,if we seriously want to be contenders then we need a big name no 7 immediately ,hodko has been dissapointing to say the least for a while now ,his kicking is atrocious for an 800k player if i was the dogs id be worried .......then again hell probably go there and kill it ,i hope im wrong though

I hope he chokes on his $100 bills over there, and is a complete failure, with no rep footy etc to ever be seen again for him. In fact, I hope he ends up in that other 1/2 backs team they pilfered from us....name escapes me...

Trent is still very young so his form drop is to be expected but if I were Bulldogs I would be worried for sure! He sure is slow though, when he gets the ball you know he is going to pass! usulaly to Glen, pretty predictable

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Gazza link=topic=183757.msg269693#msg269693 date=1277474015]

As a Bank Manager, I feel comfortable my friend in saying....Approved !
[/quote]

can I have a loan then ?

The problem is the game has passed our squad by. WE now have to big, to slow, to fat and to old props who aren't providing any go forward. It has turned into a kids game now with big young fast mobile forwards under 25 running the game. Biggest mistake ever was to let JWH go.

I said that Mick earlier in the season and got howled down, got told experience is the key, experience isn't making the yards at the moment

We give DCE a run when he is considered a better option than Hodkinson

Am sick of reading about Rose's weight personally, didn't seem to be too much wrong with it last week when he beat 4 Souths players with footwork

Kiwi Eagle link said:
We give DCE a run when he is considered a better option than Hodkinson

Am sick of reading about Rose's weight personally, didn't seem to be too much wrong with it last week when he beat 4 Souths players with footwork

Well, we give DCE a run next week then.

He is a better option than Hodko now. For the following reasons.

1) We wont be giving another clubs young half any more 1sts experiance than he already has. Unlike an older bloke who's signed elsewhere, TH learns with every game he plays. We must stop that.

2) The same as reason #1 but for DCE. He'll improve with every game, so lets start the progress. Of course he's not a 1st grader, he's never played 1st grade.

3) DCE has a combo with Foran that was, at times, beautiful to watch. The sooner we get these two back together, the sooner they can get the old firm back on track.

4) Insurance. If we want Foran & DCE to sign, we have to prove to them that this is the place for them.

I'm not saying that bringing him up will prevent the sh1te we saw last night but at least it will be a Manly player out there learning his lessons rather than a Dogs player.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2