When does Manly play Souths?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
When and where?

I'm clueless on when and where we will play Souths.

I want to get good tickets as soon as they are available. Anyone know when tickets go on sale?

Again and again, we have triumphed over adversity. The real comp just started and I will be humming the MAAANLYYY chant all week. Can't wait. Go Manly.

RE: When and where?

Papers were saying earlier this week Souths would play Friday night, for Channel 9, so sounds like that's us.

Today's paper was saying that Chooks v Souths was definately Friday night at Allianz if we finished 1st and our preferred slot was Saturday at Allianz so would give supporters more time to get to the game.

Now that we're 2nd it's anyone's guess.

Chooks should get first choice of when and where and then us but this is the NRL so who knows.
There should be a set draw of when the teams are playing.
Eg 1 v 4 Friday
2 v 3 Sat
4 v 8 Sat
6 V 7 Sun
As it is Souths get a three day jump on us and the Chooks may get a 4 day jump on the Panthers.

Very dependent now on who finishes 5th.
If the Cowboys, they get a home match.
If the Panthers then it is ANZ/Allianz

So we come 2nd but it will depend on who finishes 5th as to where we play - what a great system?

Now that the smear campaign to destabilise Manly is complete and they have actually destabilised Manly, I'm sure the NRL would love nothing better than to ensure they showcase a tired and emotionally drained Manly get smashed on Friday night by Souths in front of Russell, past greats, relatives, kids, and all the new bunnies fans.

But others were saying it will be on Sunday. Anyone know?.

NYEagle

RE: When does Manly okay Souths?

NYEagle said:
Now that the smear campaign to destabilise Manly is complete and they have actually destabilised Manly, I'm sure the NRL would love nothing better than to ensure they showcase a tired and emotionally drained Manly get smashed on Friday night by Souths in front of Russell, past greats, relatives, kids, and all the new bunnies fans.

But others were saying it will be on Sunday. Anyone know?.

NYEagle

We'll even though it'll be our home game we can be sure that the National Rabbitohs League and ch nein will promote the game solely on the vermin and it's ancient pissweak past. Nothing will be made of our last decade of excellence.

Not 100% sure but its usually the elimination games which are last in the order so I'd expect us to be the first game on Saturday.

The whole thing plays beautifully in their hands. They get a emotionally drained and injury hit Manly, playing on short rest in the way of the Rabbitohs juggernaut. It will be "their time" and all the Russell's, and kids, and Burgess family and bunnies fans will rejoice as they watch the courageous Souths on 8 days rest batter Manly into submission. Then the media can joyfully write about the Manly demise and the Souths resurrection.

Well that's the script anyway.....

That's why I'm really upset they tanked this game, or had such a stupid gameplan. A lot of this is created by Manly's hand. I think some people here just don't understand how much this loss has screwed Manly's premiership bid and they get upset with me when I get pissed about such a limp dick performance and dumb gameplan. Not even Toovey in the press conference though this game was all that important. Dumb dumb dumb.

NYEagle

If Team 1 gets to choose when they play Roosters would have more advantage playing Friday as They played Thursday and their opponents would get minimum recovery time.

The last 2 years the NRL has had this Top 8 system we have played in the 1v4 game.

In 2012 all top 4 teams had played on the Saturday in Round 26 and we played team 1 (dogs) on Friday. .

Last year was similar to this year in that Roosters beat Souffs on Thursday/Friday in R26. As Team 1 they played us (backing up from Sunday) on the Saturday at 730 as part of the double header and Souffs played Scum (backing up from Saturday) on Friday in 2v3.

No double header this year as Swans won yesterday (and maybe not all games in Sydney).

If I were Roosters I would want to play Friday but based on last year when thew were Minor Premiers and played Saturday, Souffs will play Friday again to keep 9 happy, especially if Roosters play Panthers.

Either way it doesn't look good for us. We will know soon enough...

To answer the question posted - the draw should be

1-4 Friday 7:45pm
2-3 Saturday ?? 4pm or 6:30pm
6-7 Saturday 6:30pm or 8:30 pm
5-8 Sunday 4:00 pm

But it really never is the case that the draw goes to plan like that.

Now the NRL have there perfect situation
Souths have an extra 3 days turn around than us with a rested teo and Reynolds to come back into there squad.

The NRL will make sure we play on Friday night and will not give us a chance to win. If we thought this week was tough next week will be a huge mountain to climb.

Friday 7:45pm. Suits Nine as that is the game they want. Look at the ratings for the SCG game a few weeks back. Also suits the media as they can spend the week talking about Manly contracts, injuries and how the fans are pathetic for not wanting fight peak hour across Sydney, not bringing kids and complaining about getting home at 1am. Plus Toddy hates Manly and a 20K crowd will help his agenda.

Seems unfair to us if we have to play Friday but it would be even worse for the riff if they have to back up from Sunday night.

The real problem is this new "tradition" (since 2013) of Souffs v Roosters in the first game of Round 1 and the first game of Round 26, ensuring maximum prep time for both of them in Week 1 no matter who they play or when they play. Thursday night makes it even better for them.

Tooves said in the presser that he thinks it will be Saturday but he may have just been trying to play mind games.

I just hope he can find some mind games that help with our ball control!

It'll be Fri for sure. Min turn around for us. No chance of us getting decent support at Allianz on a Friday night. Perfect scenario for the vermin & Greensnot rubbing his hands together.

Rabbits play on friday night regardless, they said it on the telly during the Rooster vs Rabbits game. So we play Friday night 100%

I said this at the time when they introduced Thursday night footy. Hated the concept but I would most certainly love to play in that game in round 26 because it could mean you are as much as 3 days better off in recovery/preparation over your opposition. Huge advantage.

Everyone..........according to the NRL website

http://www.nrl.com/NRLHQ/ReferenceCentre/FinalsSystemExplained/tabid/10635/Default.aspx

it is clear to me that the intention is that 2 v 3 is on Sunday, the first week games are listed in sequence. It also ensures the most even turnaround for teams in week 2. This is how the sequence was done last year.

Having said that I would not be surprised if the NRL (NewsLimited Rugby League) have us playing on Friday and saying the sequence on the website was just to make it more pretty. :dodgy:

Cheers
LGK

ManlyArmy said:
2 v 3 is not on the Sunday, they only do it like that so the draw is simple to read.

You are correct, my apologies.....last year 2 v 3 was Friday, 1 v 4 Saturday Arvo, 5 v 8 Sat night 6 v 7 Sunday

oh well :blush:

Brookie Brawler said:
Seems unfair to us if we have to play Friday but it would be even worse for the riff if they have to back up from Sunday night.

The real problem is this new "tradition" (since 2013) of Souffs v Roosters in the first game of Round 1 and the first game of Round 26, ensuring maximum prep time for both of them in Week 1 no matter who they play or when they play. Thursday night makes it even better for them.

Tooves said in the presser that he thinks it will be Saturday but he may have just been trying to play mind games.

I just hope he can find some mind games that help with our ball control!

There is NO WAY the National Rabbitohs League will give us any leg up in this, it will be Friday and you can be assured the most Grubbitoh loving Pinkies will be appointed.

If by some chance we are actually in front at half time they will ensure we aren't at full time.

Chan Nein is DESPERATE.....and I mean REALLY desperate for a Rorters v Vermin GF.......it would have the biggest ratings in the history of Grand Finals....they know it and they will ensure they get it!!

Let's hope that the Pennies win today and the Boncos get 8th spot. That would take care of Fridays game wouldn't it ?

Seriously though, to have any teams fortunes decided by those clowns at 9 is pathetic. What other sport anywhere in the world would be as gutless as the NRL with scheduling .

The NRL have announced that the scheduling for the first week of the finals series will be decided after Nick Politis lets them know his preference of days for the Roosters to play.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6