When is Gift / Glen due back? (Merged Thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: When is Gift back?

Round 1 next year.

In a souffs jersey.

Jesus I hope not.

Still about 4 weeks away from what I've read.

Its one thing to start playing again. Its another to be fully match fit, in form, NRL - dare i say it : "Gifty" standard. It will take him weeks and weeks to become the force we hope for.

Injury Update

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/team/injury-update.html
Glenn Stewart remains on the sidelines after having surgery on his ankle following the Sea Eagles 54-18 romp of the Raiders.

The 2011 Clive Churchill medallist is progressing with his rehab and there is no timeframe set for the forwards return as of yet.

Centre-come-winger Cheyse Blair will miss a few weeks right in the middle of the season after undergoing minor surgery on his right knee.

It's been a tough month for the outside back who impressed in the top-grade at the start of the season, as he also had his teeth knocked out in a recent NSW Cup match.:s

Young prop forward Jake Trbojevic is expected be sidelined for a lengthy period after severly injuring his ankle in his side's loss to Cronulla in round 15 of the NSW Cup.

The front rower underwent surgery on his ankle and a return date hasn't been confirmed. :(

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Its one thing to start playing again. Its another to be fully match fit, in form, NRL - dare i say it : "Gifty" standard. It will take him weeks and weeks to become the force we hope for.

G'day all,Personally speaking the form of JB over the period that Glen has been injured has been that good that he has been just about our consistently best player, to the point that we don't see posters criticising his supposed lack of size and effectiveness anymore but saying he must be resigned forthwith.My view is that he has done more than enough to have earnt his position in the starting side and remembering it took Glen a long time last year when returning from injury to show anything resembling good form maybe he will need to earn his spot back.
cheers mike

Tooves said a month in the press conference.

Shame for Jake. He has dislocated his ankle.. possible fracture following scans. That's a terrible injury for one of our most promising players.

I think Buhrer has been a more than worthy replacement for Gifty. Looking forward to having Choc back though.

Quite happy with the team as it is. Buhrer has been great with a starting spot.

Yeah the injury gods haven't missed us either this year.

All we can hope is that guys like Gift and Choc especially, get these injuries (and suspension) out of the way now. And then be fit and firing for the finals!

Terrible luck for Jake T, and Cheyse actually. A busted knee and mouth not much fun.

Speedy recoveries all.

Bad luck of for Turbo. When i didn't see his name in the reserves I was half expecting he might come off the bench in the top grade this week. I expect toovs will blood some young forwards before the seasons out. All the best to Ligi and Tyson now i guess.

mike walker said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:

G'day all,Personally speaking the form of JB over the period that Glen has been injured has been that good that he has been just about our consistently best player, to the point that we don't see posters criticising his supposed lack of size and effectiveness anymore but saying he must be resigned forthwith.My view is that he has done more than enough to have earnt his position in the starting side and remembering it took Glen a long time last year when returning from injury to show anything resembling good form maybe he will need to earn his spot back.
cheers mike

Couldn't agree more mike. I remember it taking quite a while for Gift to hit top form last time and the finals will just about be here when he's ready to return.

Can we really afford that, especially given Ferris' form ?

And I say this with the utmost respect for someone whose been enormous for us for a long time.

Here we go again . It was only a month or two ago people we're saying how Peta Hiku was ready to replace Snake. No-one is saying that now.
Same with Ferris and Gift. I'm as happy as everyone that Ferris has re-signed and he is the obvious replacement for Gift when he moves on. But until Jamie starts grubbering from his own half in a GF to ultimately create a try, then he's not in Glen's class. I'm happy for Jamie to replace Justin Horo now, but if we want to win another premiership before our team starts disbanding, then Gift needs to be there if fit.

Merdy33 said:
Here we go again . It was only a month or two ago people we're saying how Peta Hiku was ready to replace Snake. No-one is saying that now.
Same with Ferris and Gift. I'm as happy as everyone that Ferris has re-signed and he is the obvious replacement for Gift when he moves on. But until Jamie starts grubbering from his own half in a GF to ultimately create a try, then he's not in Glen's class. I'm happy for Jamie to replace Justin Horo now, but if we want to win another premiership before our team starts disbanding, then Gift needs to be there if fit.

G'day all,You're right Merdy JB is not yet at the class level of Glen when he was at his best but that was some years ago now.Time and injuries catch up with everyone and apart from some brief flashes Glen has not performed at that consistently high level for the last few seasons in my opinion.It will be interesting though to see what Toove's does if and when Glen gets back as it would be very tough to leave JB out given his current level of performance,and while it seems the simple solution is to leave Horo out ,he performs his role adequately and has the advantage of a bit more size and bulk.
cheers mike

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6