when is the last time we were last?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Sillybus

Reserve Grader
Serious chance of being last in about an hour if the rooters keep playing this badly. Just wondering if anybody knows the last time we were last on the nrl table? Hopefully this isnt a spoon in progress

Probably 2009 was the last time and this is a time when a fan really sticks with the team. If we do the right things in relation to playing players who want to do this and we get back a few injured players we will be back in business before too long.

Yeah after 5 rounds or whenever really. I cant remember a worse start to the season and I cant remember coming last in a long time. I hope we can find a way back i know its early days but where there's smoke

After 5 rounds ?? Maybe 2009, that wasn't a great start to a season. Or 2003 and 2004, they were hard work seasons as a supporter.
Good shout C&C, but I should also note that we lost 3 out of our first 5 games in 2008, including our first two.
Not saying it's an omen for things to come this season, with the Sharks actually winning today, we are now DEAD LAST.

Being last right now is not necessarily a bad thing cause its really going to ensure there is a lot of scrutiny as to why this is happening and the reasons for it? It also means we can claim the underdog status for the near future and work on fixing the problems and recovering , We will be fine!

Weren't we 2/6 or something similar in 2011 as well? I seem to remember we had a pretty ordinary start to that season?

That was then, this is now. No excuses, oh we've had bad starts before. The signs were not as bad then as they are this season. No talk, no spirit, no fight, no heart.

How do you turn that around?

It took Delmege 6years to get us From the bottom to the top of the table and now we are back on the bottom. Is there something behind this dismal start and hurting of fans?

The ludicrous situation we are now in is we may have to now pay overs like the eels did to convince players to come here so we may as well have paid DCE and/ or Foran to stay.

The Penns and Joe Kelly have some real challenges ahead now. We are a chance of getting our first spoon if things don't turn around.

This should be a real wake up call to the Manly Management. Zorba and other board members can't hide behind excuses like the previous management was rubbish etc etc. Their is no split board now. They need to own this situation and get this club on track quickly which I absolutely believe they can. They just need to be very smart about all decisions both short and long term from now on.

The ludicrous situation we are now in is we may have to now pay overs like the eels did to convince players to come here so we may as well have paid DCE and/ or Foran to stay.

The Penns and Joe Kelly have some real challenges ahead now. We are a chance of getting our first spoon if things don't turn around.

This should be a real wake up call to the Manly Management. Zorba and other board members can't hide behind excuses like the previous management was rubbish etc etc. Their is no split board now. They need to own this situation and get this club on track quickly which I absolutely believe they can. They just need to be very smart about all decisions both short and long term from now on.
Well said @JenEagle

What have they done that makes you think they can?

Empty promises, management rhetoric, old agendas, behind the scenes manoeuvring, no presence for the fans/stakeholders.

They havnt inspired me or instilled me with any confidence at all.

Management are going through a pretty damn obvious clean out of the club staff and playing roster.

For better or worse they need a chance to implement whatever strategy/plan that they have in mind.

It will be painful, it will (and has already) cost us a club legend or two, but have faith on the end result.

Rebuilds don't happen overnight.

And never forget that the club is bigger than any player/staff member.

Good shout C&C, but I should also note that we lost 3 out of our first 5 games in 2008, including our first two.
Not saying it's an omen for things to come this season, with the Sharks actually winning today, we are now DEAD LAST.

Seems we are on the same points as the gold coast so not DEAD LAST, rather equal last on for and against.

It is like saying clean bowled after a deflection, nothing clean about it.

I honestly don't recall when we were last. Yes, we did have a few seasons with slow starts but so did other Teams in the corresponding year.
This has all the Ladders - rd 4, 2009 we were bottom dwellers for a solitary week :)

I just flicked through the Sunday Footy Show and Joey called Manly embarrassing,unenthusiastic and horrible for 2v to have to watch :eek:

Lets hope something clicks as the season is 20% gone @:(

Last edited:
This is seriously a ****en joke. Last, WTF!!!!

We were 5 seconds from the grand final last year.

This is a JOKE.

With the Sharks now " on fire " and not a win in sight this could truly be our best chance ever at a spoon.

Unless we get some troops back I expect we could be 1 from 10.

I'm not liking my mates giving it to me at present , I have had several text messages this afternoon.

Guess I'll just have to toughen up.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8