When it all settles down

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
When this becomes yesterday's news, when the season starts and ends and the following seasons do the same and the raw emotion, hurt and anger wanes there's one thing you can't deny.
Des hasler rebuilt us from a joke that would get beaten by 40 - 50 regularly in to a 2 time premiership club and world champs. Something's have happened over the last few weeks that have changed the way most feel about des but he's responsible for manly's finest hour the 5 October 2008.
Thanks Des

That's why everyone is so emotional about the situation, cauz we all loved Des, he was our favourite son. It's like we've lost a family member. Hurts like hell, but we've got memories we'l never forget.

Yeah its all pretty raw at the moment but I know I won't feel anger at Des forever.
He was the player I used to pretend to be in the backyard as a boy and my late dad loved him.
So thanks for everything Des, I hope you hate the traffic and all the other crap out at lakemba.

When it all settles down Manly will still be contenders. Thanks to the influence of the previous coach Des Hasler.

The questions about why he is our previous coach instead of our coach will not be answered until well after 'it all setles down'.

While I agree with the action the club has taken, albeit on "someone's say so", I do feel very sad for Des. As a human being, I cannot begin to imagine what he is feeling. He has made his bed and will lie in it but wow, think he is going through as much if not more pain than us.

anthonyb1965 said:
While I agree with the action the club has taken, albeit on "someone's say so", I do feel very sad for Des. As a human being, I cannot begin to imagine what he is feeling. He has made his bed and will lie in it but wow, think he is going through as much if not more pain than us.

Amen, I cannot imagine the pain of $750k pa.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
anthonyb1965 said:

Amen, I cannot imagine the pain of $750k pa.

Me either ;) but he is human and it may take some of the pain away I guess!

He was a part of building our club back up but not all of it.
I think part of the problem is he thinks he was all of it. Or a bigger part then he was.
Des will always be aprt fo our history but we will move on and be strong without him.

Cambo said:
When this becomes yesterday's news, when the season starts and ends and the following seasons do the same and the raw emotion, hurt and anger wanes there's one thing you can't deny.
Des hasler rebuilt us from a joke that would get beaten by 40 - 50 regularly in to a 2 time premiership club and world champs. Something's have happened over the last few weeks that have changed the way most feel about des but he's responsible for manly's finest hour the 5 October 2008.
Thanks Des

Des played his part but the players were most instrumental in that win. Also the support staff he has tried desperately to poach, singe, badel, rickenbach etc plus of course Geoff.

He did give us our finest hour but also the 2nd worst moment in our history. Fans will remember both.

I loved Michael O'Connor and know he played a big part in our 1987 success, but all i remember of this guy is him climbing through windows during the Super League War. What a pity.

Do we also think anyone good of Ribot? No way! He played in grand finals for us but fans hate him now.

The club is what we love. Des has tried to tear it apart and i will never forgive him for that!

Cambo said:
Thanks Des

He is also responsible for our darkest hour, if you love a club you dont leave and you certainly don't ever try to rip its heart out

Well said Cambo.

manlywarringah, the difference between Des and Ribot/Snoz is that you and I have no proof to hang Des just yet, Des understands how to get into the heads of the players to bring out the best of them, he is a teacher, a mentor, a father figure and much much more.

Well as for Ribot and Snoz they turned on this club and Arko for personal gain and that is fact and has been well publicized and documented that they were Rupert’s little brown eye licking puppets. Where are these clowns today, abracadabra, pffft, groooooone

Snoz was awesome.

Too smart for his own good but had one of the best steps ever. One of our best centers ever. Speed, class the lot.

Still remember that kicking duel at brookvale with ridge and that dragons player. He ended up getting getting the ball and produced the most sublime step you'll ever see. Still remember him running in to score with cliffy pointing him to the posts.

I also remember some horrible penalty conversions were he missed adjacent to the uprights. But I also remember that side line beauty against the blues.

Man was very talented.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4