when players negotiate contracts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

Do you ever wonder when a player.. lets sat trent is negotiating a deal with the club, but another clubs offers more money.. do you think the players in the team talk with the player & try & coax him to stay or do they just mind each others business ???.  i wonder if lyon or maybe kingy have had a word with trent regarding the dogs offers to him..

Interesting question. My guess is that usually they leave each other to make their own decisions, out of respect for the fact it is a professional decision, and they have to do the best for themselves & their families in what might turn out to be one injury away from being a very short career.

However with particularly popular players there are stories occasionally about teammates offering to take pay cuts and that sort of thing. Would definitely be the exception I imagine. I certainly can't see Jamie Lyon trying to influence TH other than to say, 'do what you think is right for you'.

Hopefully Trent sees the value of combinations that work. Sterling made Kenny twice as good and vice versa. 

Players telling each other they like playing together certainly doesn't hurt.

Exactly. Players know if they are happy in a team and if it is 'working', so I'm sure they take that into account when weighing up the unknown of a whole new team and club.

Family, location in town and 'extras' in an offer play a part in such decisions and from what I know most players are left alone to make their decisions.. Sadly some managers have way too much influence.

I have no doubt that the players would talk to each other, but maybe more the player in question would seek advice from their team mates.

A lot of the players become very good friends, so it is really no different to asking your friends for advice when making a big decision.

i was just wondering as trent has started out this year.. his 1st year i just thought maybe some of the guys we have who have played in 2 grandfinals & have won a premiership , might be saying to him along these lines..  why do you want to go there ..to a team who isnt doing much or has done much in the last 4yrs atleast stay with us for 2 years in that time we might have a premiership& instead of kicking your self for leaving us ..  you got plenty of time to chase the big bucks later ..meanwhile in that 2yrs he stays with us & we do win a title in that time im sure he will be an origin debutant in  time somewhere as our selectors like to chop & change.. then his value will really go up..

just my opinion  on it.... :-X

I agree totally with the post above BUT...as we all know from this week "money talks".....I'd throw this at you.....your work for ABC Company, for $45K a year, great atmosphere successful business, good people....however XYZ company wants your expertise, they call you up and say "would you consider coming and working for us for say 6 times the salary you are geting now"....now the downside is XYZ are a company not performing so well, BUT they want to be up there with ABC company.

How many of you in forum land would consider a change of job and circumstances for 6 times your current salary????

I have my own business and do "ok", don't make a fortune, but have a great time doing it..... but if someone rang me and said "Mark how about coming and working for us for $270K a year".....I'd take about 2 1/2 seconds to say "when can I start"!!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I agree totally with the post above BUT...as we all know from this week \"money talks\".....I'd throw this at you.....your work for ABC Company, for $45K a year, great atmosphere successful business, good people....however XYZ company wants your expertise, they call you up and say \"would you consider coming and working for us for say 6 times the salary you are geting now\"....now the downside is XYZ are a company not performing so well, BUT they want to be up there with ABC company.

How many of you in forum land would consider a change of job and circumstances for 6 times your current salary????

I have my own business and do \"ok\", don't make a fortune, but have a great time doing it..... but if someone rang me and said \"Mark how about coming and working for us for $270K a year\".....I'd take about 2 1/2 seconds to say \"when can I start\"!!

DEPENDS  if i was with abc for 10-15 years i would take the offer but if i was there only 5years & like you say the other company will pay me more .. but their future looks uncertain  i would probably stay with abc ..

jjai link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=183506.msg265413#msg265413 date=1275698014]
I agree totally with the post above BUT...as we all know from this week \"money talks\".....I'd throw this at you.....your work for ABC Company, for $45K a year, great atmosphere successful business, good people....however XYZ company wants your expertise, they call you up and say \"would you consider coming and working for us for say 6 times the salary you are geting now\"....now the downside is XYZ are a company not performing so well, BUT they want to be up there with ABC company.

I have my own business and do \"ok\", don't make a fortune, but have a great time doing it..... but if someone rang me and said \"Mark how about coming and working for us for $270K a year\".....I'd take about 2 1/2 seconds to say \"when can I start\"!!

DEPENDS  if i was with abc for 10-15 years i would take the offer but if i was there only 5years & like you say the other company will pay me more .. but their future looks uncertain  i would probably stay with abc ..
[/quote]

you know why i say that mark because  after giving abc 15yrs & you do leave if the company you go to falls theres every chance abc will take you back any way , as they already know how you work ..lol

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6