When Will That Announcement Come ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon64

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Ok people..........we all know it's coming.

But much like the birth of a baby, no-one knows exactly when.

So with the season over, we need a distraction.

When will the OFFICIAL announcement (i.e. from the club) that Choc will be at the Squeels in 2015 come ?

I'm going with Friday 26th at 10am.

Well Parramatta's board are so well organised unlike ours that they will have this planned to perfection. Let's sit back and watch how a functional board operate.

I doubt the clubs will have worked out how to split his pay this quickly. He may want out but it will take time for Parra to clear the coin to make it happen for next year. Unless the board are that keen to punt him that they'll pay most of it, which would be idiotic...

MadMarcus said:
We should steal their thunder and say we are pleased to announce that the club has successfully negotiated the release of Choc in order to secure the club's future. Happy days.

And to improve moral amongst the supporters and players.

Business' in Parramatta mall better make their windows water proof with watmong coming to the suburb

tookey said:
MadMarcus said:
We should steal their thunder and say we are pleased to announce that the club has successfully negotiated the release of Choc in order to secure the club's future. Happy days.

And to improve moral amongst the supporters and players.

It's hard to boost morale without morals.

:p

Lord Eagleton said:
When is Choccy's Bali holiday planned for? The day he flys out

I did hear they (as in the players or some of them, clearly not DCE as no one likes him) were heading out this weekend, so if it's a done deal already and has been since SOO, yes I agree this Friday about 11am.

Will be a Doesn'tmatta press conference, the Eagles won't make a big deal out of this.

I'm over this hating on Cherry-Evans rubbish he comes a cross as a lovely young bloke who in my opinion with foran are the future of our club. Clearly the knowledge of that put watmoans large nose out of joint.

Bomack44 said:
I'm over this hating on Cherry-Evans rubbish he comes a cross as a lovely young bloke who in my opinion with foran are the future of our club. Clearly the knowledge of that put watmoans large nose out of joint.

Cherry is one of the nicest young men you could meet, and whilst I wasn't there heard he was the ONLY player who came over to the fence for a few piccy's and hugs after the game on Saturday night.

The tall poppy syndrome at work I feel.

Just regarding the DCE comments above.

I also like the fact that regardless of all this mess the passion he had on Saturday night trying to win the game for Manly was clear,celebrating after Snake scored or when he kicked the field goal he was doing his best for our jersey and above all he was committed.

Cant fault his efforts or attitude throughout this mess. He could of easily thrown in the towel with all the DCE bashing but didn't.

Unfairly targeted of late IMO.

Loobs said:
I doubt the clubs will have worked out how to split his pay this quickly. He may want out but it will take time for Parra to clear the coin to make it happen for next year. Unless the board are that keen to punt him that they'll pay most of it, which would be idiotic...

This is true. Choc is on a back-ended contract with the final year (2015) reported to be over 900k.

This is the tricky part. Who pays who and how much? So whilst the announcement might be factually imminent the bean-counting might be a way off.

My guess is the week after the grand final for an announcement.

I guess Weidler will get the 'exclusive' and confirm what hundreds of stories have already reported... surely it's now a non-story.

DCE is being unfairly maligned.

Outside of a few, I'm sure he has the support and respect of the playing group.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6