When will the Sharkies go bust? Who should we look to recruit...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Harmless27

Reserve Grader
I'm gonna go out on a limb - Cronulla will NOT be in the league next year (in fact, i don't even think they will complete the season).

If and when do you think they will fall over?

And more importantly - of their playing roster, who is worth looking at from an Eagles perspective...???

Douglas i like. Seymour would go okay........ not much really. I dont mind that big winger they have.. Anderson is it? he looked good.

The Sharks will last the season at least since the NRL needs every team due to broadcasting contracts.  As for players... never really noticed them so i wouldn't know who Manly would pick up

I think you are jumping the gun on this one as they are leading the charge to sign Justin Poore from the drag queens. My bet is BS LTD AKA News Ltd will come to the rescue and bail out the shire scum guppies. Heaven forbid if an ex Super League team not compete in the NRL.

Dave Simmons is a good player, and I've always thought he would be much better at another club. Can cover fullback, centre and wing.

OneEyedEagle link said:
I think you are jumping the gun on this one as they are leading the charge to sign Justin Poore from the drag queens. My bet is BS LTD AKA News Ltd will come to the rescue and bail out the shire scum guppies. Heaven forbid if an ex Super League team not compete in the NRL.
They'll bail them out this year and force them to relocate or fold.

Despite my joking etc earlier. I really hope we do not lose any team.

Relocating I can accept but losing 1 single team is likely to be the death knell for the sport. The first to go won't be the last.

lets be honest. Every fan of the game itself should be doing all within their power to keep them at least in the competition even if it isn't based in Cronulla. But if you live in Sydney, would it kill you to head down for even just 1 of their games?

By the way, what is it with Kimmorely and teams being dodgy during or after his presence

blitzkrieg link said:
..........any prop to replace King.

Why would you want to replace King especially after last weekend's performance?  What replace King with a soft sponge like Ben ross?  No way.

Or what about Luke "I cannot even catch the ball " Douglas?   Maybe we can sign Jack Afamasaga again?  Or Paul Stephenson?

We,ve got enough forwards. If any maybe Pommerroy (Centre), Brett Kearney to cover fullback (Out injured at the moment) or Barrett. Only as long as they leave their dildos at home ;D

kingyfan link said:
[quote author=blitzkrieg link=topic=180453.msg223855#msg223855 date=1242872444]

Why would you want to replace King especially after last weekend's performance?  What replace King with a soft sponge like Ben ross?  No way.

Or what about Luke "I cannot even catch the ball " Douglas?   Maybe we can sign Jack Afamasaga again?  Or Paul Stephenson?

FFS.  Please stick to your dancing at the leagues club on a saturday night.

[/quote]
LOL, couldn't help myself KF, you and him are easy targets ;) ;) Hook,line and sinker.
Seriously though Topou,Barrett and Kearney would be good pickups.

blitzkrieg link said:
[quote author=kingyfan link=topic=180453.msg223865#msg223865 date=1242873770]

[/quote]
LOL, couldn't help myself KF, you and him are easy targets ;) ;) Hook,line and sinker.
[/quote]

How many games has kearney played in the last couple of years?  about 3 because he is always injured.  And Barrett cound't win a premierhsip with a star studded dragons team and has hardly set the worlds on fire this year.  Jye Mullane would be better value that barrett.

As I said stick to your dacing please.

kingyfan link said:
[quote author=blitzkrieg link=topic=180453.msg223870#msg223870 date=1242874294]
[quote author=kingyfan link=topic=180453.msg223865#msg223865 date=1242873770]

[/quote]
[/quote]

How many games has kearney played in the last couple of years?  about 3 because he is always injured.  And Barrett cound't win a premierhsip with a star studded dragons team and has hardly set the worlds on fire this year.  Jye Mullane would be better value that barrett.

As I said stick to your dacing please.
[/quote]
dacing?

Rumour from a norths supporter today that they are **** scared because they have heard that the sharks have a potential new sponsor who apperantly will throw in sponsorship only on the basis that they play 6-8 games on the central coast.

They will try to take the $8m and relocate next year. 

Dan link said:
Despite my joking etc earlier. I really hope we do not lose any team.

Relocating I can accept but losing 1 single team is likely to be the death knell for the sport. The first to go won't be the last.

lets be honest. Every fan of the game itself should be doing all within their power to keep them at least in the competition even if it isn't based in Cronulla. But if you live in Sydney, would it kill you to head down for even just 1 of their games?

By the way, what is it with Kimmorely and teams being dodgy during or after his presence

Fully agree Dan

Topou is the only one I'd sign, and even then get some guarantees on behaviour and attitude, remember folks, he's an ex rorter..  Gallen is good but a real grub.  Barrett is overrated and there's really no one else who can better our boyos.  See them out till the end of the season and then cut them.  Set up in Qld, PNG or Adelaide.  I guess all those white boys with their sex toys wouldn't want to risk their hairy white arses in PNG though.

DSM5 link said:
Topou is the only one I'd sign, and even then get some guarantees on behaviour and attitude, remember folks, he's an ex rorter..  Gallen is good but a real grub.  Barrett is overrated and there's really no one else who can better our boyos.  See them out till the end of the season and then cut them.  Set up in Qld, PNG or Adelaide.  I guess all those white boys with their sex toys wouldn't want to risk their hairy white arses in PNG though.

You'd prefer to have Orford than Barrett?

Actually CCE, yes.  Their both pretty poor on the line, but least Orford's defense is a little more solid than Barrett's.  He's completely soft.  After last weeks effort, I'm warming to Orford.  It'll be interesting to see how he goes this week. 

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6