Where are they now - Luke Dorn

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

Reds sign Luke Dorn

Salford City Reds have signed Australian stand-off Luke Dorn from Harlequins RL on a two-year deal.

The 24-year-old has been a long-time target for the Reds following Andrew Dunemann’s decision to join Canberra Raiders at the end of this season.

Now the Reds, currently fifth in engage Super League, are hoping the try-scoring former Sydney Rooster player can form a productive partnership with in-form Luke Robinson.

Reds director of football Steve Simms said: "Luke has pace to burn. He is a try scorer and there is an awful lot of quality there.

"He has outstanding speed and we are hoping that with the other Luke (Robinson), we will have one of the best half-back partnerships in next year's competition and it will enable us to kick on even further than we have this year."

Assistant coach James Lowes has signed a two-year contract extension to keep him at The Willows until the end of the 2008 season.

Lowes has recently been linked with several high-profile head coach positions and Simms was understandably delighted to secure his services for the next two seasons.

"Jimmy told us he never wanted to leave. He told me just now that he sees a very bright future here at Salford, especially with the new stadium on the horizon and he is desperate to be part of that success.

"He is a great coach and we want to surround our players with men of his calibre."

An awful lot of quality there?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8