Where be Chicken Licken'?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
So Bogans. Is the sky still falling in? Is Penn completely incompetent still? Is the future of the club ruined? Are we consigned to a decade of wooden spoons yet? Is DCE the modern incarnation of Judas? Do we remain embarrassed because we're losing talent to inferior clubs? Do we still think we've lost a superstar in Foran's scarred hamstrings? Bla bla bla

My assessment of their competency will be what they can achieve with Brookvale and our long term future there. Anything else is just the usual white noise of running an NRL team. I'm stoked they have signed DCE, but lets face it I could have pulled that off had I had the go ahead to throw a $hit load of money at him for a long time. But it remains to be seen what affect this unprecedented contract has on the retention/recruitment process over the next 5 years.

Big up to them for securing a quality marquee player to build around, but they'll get my nomination for Dally M administrators of the year when I see us running out onto a fully renovated Brookvale Oval with a long term commitment to playing out of there. Until that cloud stops hanging over our head then the rumours will never go away

So Bogans. Is the sky still falling in? Is Penn completely incompetent still? Is the future of the club ruined? Are we consigned to a decade of wooden spoons yet? Is DCE the modern incarnation of Judas? Do we remain embarrassed because we're losing talent to inferior clubs? Do we still think we've lost a superstar in Foran's scarred hamstrings? Bla bla bla

You forgot Jo Kelly

At least Toovey's job is now safe as things will settle down and we will continue to improve this season.

Willo will have trouble signing halves for the next well lifetime being that there is such limited chances to play 1st grade not at Manly.

That's all I got.

I wouldn't say completely incompetent.At least he admits they screwed up with the initial pulling of the offer.Its his mistake (or J Kelly's) & its his money lost.
I'm glad he was competent enough to bring in someone who actually knows how to get the job done (not J Kelly).
Does Penn still see J Kelly as our saviour ?

Big up to them for securing a quality marquee player to build around, but they'll get my nomination for Dally M administrators of the year when I see us running out onto a fully renovated Brookvale Oval with a long term commitment to playing out of there.

I'll settle on seeing them run out to a full Brookvale oval with sponsors signage all the way around the fence! The new whiz kids they have brought in need to start getting some sponsor runs on the board.

Last edited by a moderator:
So if Bozo is the man behind this coo, who idea was it to hire Bozo? Kelly or Penn.
Why did we need someone else to broker the deal in the first place. I'm still unsure as to what is going on over there and who is pulling the strings, but surely the owner and CEO should be able to sort this sort of stuff out in the first place.

So not being a bogan am I unable to comment?

My assessment of their competency will be what they can achieve with Brookvale and our long term future there. Anything else is just the usual white noise of running an NRL team. I'm stoked they have signed DCE, but lets face it I could have pulled that off had I had the go ahead to throw a $hit load of money at him for a long time. But it remains to be seen what affect this unprecedented contract has on the retention/recruitment process over the next 5 years.

Big up to them for securing a quality marquee player to build around, but they'll get my nomination for Dally M administrators of the year when I see us running out onto a fully renovated Brookvale Oval with a long term commitment to playing out of there. Until that cloud stops hanging over our head then the rumours will never go away

BUT, 1.2 million per season may be a lot now.....I bet it won't be so much in 2021

The current regime has succeeded in making us more hated simply for signing our own player, and this is quite an outstanding achievement.
So, provided it doesn't fall, the sky is the limit at this rate!

Maybe Joe Kelly wants you to think Bozo is pulling the strings while he goes about doing pretty much everything he said he would.

Someone posted earlier that Manly's tactic may have been to get DCE to take an offer so they knew what they were working against. Then it was merely a matter of sitting back with a superior deal and offering it when the time was right. They always knew DCE wanted to stay. So it was a matter of just knowing that they were against and beating it. Then come out and say they messed up the negotiation to take some of the heat off Daly.

Maybe in agreeing with that assessment I'm giving them to much credit but considering they've:

- resigned the Turbos and Gutho
- extended Ballin and Matai so they'll go out one club legends
- signed Myles
- offered DCE a lifetime deal so we don't have to go through negotiations again

They probably deserve the benefit of the doubt because that is quite a lot of stuff accomplished right there.

I stop short at the bogan tag, but I think DCE might be considered a 'Judas the Betrayer' - to Gold Coast fans lol.

According to the Brisbane Courier Manic his 5/8 partner next year will either be Judas Iscariot, Brutus, Guy Fawkes or Anakin Skywalker. How that makes any sense when DCE is supposed to be the villain is anyone's guess but never let sense stand in the way of News Ltd league scabs.

I had my doubts about Penn, Kelly & Co and still do but yesterday's big news was definitely a 2 steps forward type of day. Well Done!!

Yes it will, his pay is indexed to the Salary Cap. If it goes up so does his money.

Ryans point is that 1.2 mill now is not worth the same as it will be then, much the same as isnt worth the same as it was 6 or 7 years ago.

In real terms, not in salary cap percentage terms.

or at least thats how I read it :)

Yes it will, his pay is indexed to the Salary Cap. If it goes up so does his money.
That's right. The worry is that his salary is so much higher than his fellow players that they stand back and let him do all the work.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2