Where do we play next in the finals.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So after a stellar season, striving hard to finish in the top 3, after everyone said we wouldn't make it into the 8, it was interesting to work out where we play first up in the finals based on where we finished. Today I got my privileged Finals tickets e-mail from the NRL explaining the various nuances of where Manly could be playing, seeing they did so well!

Where and when the matches will be played:

The Sea Eagles can finish the season as high as first and as low as third at the end of Round 26 of the Premiership.
If they finish first, they will play in Sydney (either SFS or ANZ) on Sunday September 11. If they finish second, they will play in Sydney (either SFS or ANZ) on Saturday September 10. If they finish third, they will play in Sydney (either SFS or ANZ) on Saturday September 10.

A fair reward for a great season!! Well done guys you deserved it!

City teams play SFS as home ground. Western Sydney teams play Homebush as home ground.

We're SFS until GF, unless we lose. If we lose, we play at opposition home ground.

Duff said:
City teams play SFS as home ground. Western Sydney teams play Homebush as home ground.

We're SFS until GF, unless we lose. If we lose, we play at opposition home ground.

I would agree but I don't think it would be fair to have a game at SFS if playing the Tigers or someone like that. Because we aren't it will be SFS. We won't get a big enough crowd for ANZ and we already struggle to get a crowd to travel to the SFS let alone ANZ.

Jono said:
Duff said:

I would agree but I don't think it would be fair to have a game at SFS if playing the Tigers or someone like that. Because we aren't it will be SFS. We won't get a big enough crowd for ANZ and we already struggle to get a crowd to travel to the SFS let alone ANZ.

I remember Manly v Roosters one FRiday night in 1995 at the SFS and there was between 35 to 38,000 there. When we feel like it, we make the effort ;)

i think that was actually a monday night in 96. Everyone was surprised by that crowd. fingers crossed for sfs. Best atmosphere for sure - outside of brookie last week of course!

AdamR said:
i think that was actually a monday night in 96. Everyone was surprised by that crowd. fingers crossed for sfs. Best atmosphere for sure - outside of brookie last week of course!

Yep, you are right. I was there and sitting on the 25m line and couldn't believe the crowd surging in well into the 1st half. Massive game, a lot of support from the Sea Eagles fans, and Manly totally dominant.

I would doubt that we would experience any home ground advantage type atmosphere at anywhere besides Brookie, especially against another Sydney team.

Newcastle_Scotty said:
I would doubt that we would experience any home ground advantage type atmosphere at anywhere besides Brookie, especially against another Sydney team.

I agree to an extent. ANZ/ Telstra Stadium in 08 proved me wrong though. We can get a better atmosphere at Brookie and I believe that if we were to play another Sydney team we would be outnumbered 2 to 1. However, if the Tigers beat the Sharks tonight and we don't lose by 43 or more to Brisbane, then we will outnumber the supporters.

They need to run free buses out there though.

Brookvale said:
how many tickets can members purchase on monday?

The past few years it was 4 tickets per membership card and you could get up to 8 tickets. For the GF it was 2 per card and maximum 8 per person.

Now, I don't know what the number per member code is and I don't know what the numbers will be this year. However, you should be able to find this out by 930pm tonight (Sunday).

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7