Where does Will Hopoate fit?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Central Coast Eagle link said:
Where does Hoppa Jr fit when Matai comes back?
IMO he deserves a spot in the side.

Good question, he DEFIANTLY deserves a spot, Trex out i say.

How good was he again tonight. Oldfield didn't do to bad either, broke the line a couple of times.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1301207837[/time]

A bit of a headache when Matai and Lyon get back.

IMO i would probably take the safe option and move him back to the 20s or reserves to give him a bit of rest and recuperation, he is only 18 after all.

On ABC Des said Lyon is a chance next week & then Hamilton  then stated he heard Lyonis a certain starter

Hoppa secured himself a season spot in the 13-where is anyones guess???
But next year he will be 3 or 4.

Now you can see why they were reluctant to sign Matai_my guess is it was a value buy  ;)

Hoppa will get his turn. cant deny Matai and Lyon when they are back and it will be better for Snakes confidence when they are back. Even though we should have put the Knights to the sword we are looking mighty strong. Defence is impressive.

Don't worry about him replacing T-Rex.  He will have to compete for a wing spot against wolf and robbo.

Stewart
Wolfie
Matai
Killer
Robbo
Foran
DCE

I agree Hoppa deserves a spot, but it will only come this year if there are injuries or suspensions, which are going to happen.  T-Rex will come of the bench as a forward, or will go back to reggies.

commander and chip and chase are both correct. we cant lose sight of what matai has provided to this team over the last 6 years because hoppa played well today. Any 18 yearold will struggle for consistency and will benefit in being used sporadically. Des has a great record for not bringing in guys too early. weve seen kids burnt beyond repair by coaches such as stuart etc. How many have failed des, and how many has he failed. Today we had 5 players with less than 10 first grade games to their nameand  another with about 30 and wolfie and george who would be lucky to have 50. We need to get back as much experince as we can as soon as posible despite todays win, because rookies will not take us all the way.

Crusher was quoted on that TV show last year saying young blokes could only realy handle 4-5 NRL games in a row like that, so that may be the clubs thinking

If we look towards next year, as much as I hate to say it because he has been so good for us, it might be time to tap Robbo on the shoulder and get Hoppa that wing spot

Can't see Des doing it, but Hoppa would stay in my top team, no question.  And the more ball in his hands, the better.

Hoppa, Whare and Oldfield. I can't believe how good their games are when needed. We could be heading into a golden age (I wish anyway).

At the beginning of the year most people including me didn't think we'd have the depth but some of the talent displayed by the young blokes is awesome. Only problem now is can we keep them?

Rex link said:
Can't see Des doing it, but Hoppa would stay in my top team, no question.  And the more ball in his hands, the better.

Exactly, which is why i'd keep him at centre -
1.Stewart
2.Robbo.
3.Hopoate
4.Lyon
5.Wolf
17.Matai

Less game time for Matai, less chance of injury/suspension - can only be beneficial.

Gazza link said:
[quote author=Rex link=topic=187119.msg327694#msg327694 date=1301221544]

Exactly, which is why i'd keep him at centre -
1.Stewart
2.Robbo.
3.Hopoate
4.Lyon
5.Wolf
17.Matai

Less game time for Matai, less chance of injury/suspension - can only be beneficial.

[/quote]

Its to hard to choose between Matai and Hoppa, both great players and they really both need a spot on the team, perhaps one of them off the bench could work....

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4