Where the duck is Voss?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seriously this is beyond a joke, for all of you southern watchers don't wait up for a riveting call of the second game.

Calling a play after the person who was offloaded to and tackled and then saying the dummy half's name (McCulough, McCulough, McCulogh...) is not calling Rugby League on Television. I am not a fan of any commentator except sometimes Sterlo and Wally but this is amateur hour.

Bring back Voss.

Voss has been shafted because he dared to speak the truth about a statue of Ray Warren that Hadley had organised. Voss said the statue didn't look like Rabs, and he was right. Apparently this upset Rabs and Hadley, who has taken his spot.
Hadley works every day of the week. He must really love being home with the family.

Been here to Junee to see the statute The Who?

I drive past it every day and can't believe how many people are cuing up to get their photos taken with it, can be a up to 8 pr 10 people there at times.

For what it's worth Voss was wrong it's a great statue. But Hadley is still a bigmouth who should not be calling the footy on the tele.

He is a woeful tv commentator, but so was voss

Boss tells us he knows better, Hadley assumes he does

bob dylan said:
Been here to Junee to see the statute The Who?

I drive past it every day and can't believe how many people are cuing up to get their photos taken with it, can be a up to 8 pr 10 people there at times.

For what it's worth Voss was wrong it's a great statue. But Hadley is still a bigmouth who should not be calling the footy on the tele.

No, I've not seen it in person, nor ever been to Junee for that matter. But from the footage and photos I saw it doesn't look like Rabs to me.

Fair enough but If you ever get a chance mate call in.

It's hard for me to fathom how popular this is.

voicefromthehill said:
If only we could resurrect Hyde

"it's long enough, it's high enough and it's straight between the posts"
He was good for a memorable quote. This is when he was talking about Bumper Farrell ."He was the roughest, toughest player of his era. He looked at the rules as a minor distraction ... they never worried him. " Frank Hyde former team mate and legendary rugby league commentator

Former team mate? Wow, of you? Or Bumper?
I loved Frank's radio calls, often that was the only way I knew about the game before I was old enough to borrow mum's car and get to Brookie sometimes. No idea how accurate he was but he sure could convey an atmosphere, he made the matches sound so exciting. Of course he'd also call a spade a spade if it was a dud. My favourite caller.

(and the only one I've ever really enjoyed just for the commentary aspect. Voss is annoying because he tries to offer expert insight when he's not an expert, Gould is annoying because he tries to be entertaining and it's painful)

Voss craps all over Hadley. Bring him back ppppllllleeeaaasssseeee. I watched 5 minutes of Broncos v Raiders and turned it off because of Hadley. Great on radio, not on telly.

voicefromthehill said:
If only we could resurrect Hyde

"it's long enough, it's high enough and it's straight between the posts"
I ran into Frank years ago at the NSW Leagues Club in Philip St as he was coming out of the toilets. I said "Well Frank was it long enough & high enough and straight between the posts", he gave me a smile but probably thought what a smart arse I was.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6