Where's the leader?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
Where is the leader in this team that says "enough of this ****" and gets on the front foot and has a real crack at having a win?

Despite the dramas and injuries, who will stand up?

If only Toov's could still strap on a boot.

It's a good point. Without Jamie in the team we are reasonably leaderless, but to me we need that forward leader that inspires the hit ups. And yes that prototype for me is Ben Kennedy.

I've seen enough Jake T to believe he could be that guy (in the future), he already seems like a real organizing and get up and go forward, but we need that BK style leader that the forwards hop in line behind.

2V doesn't' t need a boot to be a leader. He just needs the ability. Its one thing to lead from the front, another to lead from the bleachers. Maybe he just doesn't have it in him.

I agree Jake T is for sure a future Manly captain, leading from the front during the adversity we are in. One for the future. Killer being out there on Friday will provide a calmness that is really missing and I think will release DCE and Foran to do their stuff a bit more as well. We have been so leaky in defence on our fringes, Matai last week repaired our left side defence in a big way and three of Penriths 4 tries came down the right side of our defence. If we are to have any chance against the dogs we need to get the metres going forward, they are weakened where it hurts and we must take advantage!

Gabriel Landeskog was named Colorado Avalanches captain in front of Hall of Famers in Jarome Iginla and others, and has been one of the best captains I have seen.

He was 17 - 18 years old.

The reason he was a leader because he was mature beyond his years, had the capacity to rally his players in the darkest periods of the game, and bleeds the jersey.

I see why no reason, given some character advice from some appropriate mentors, he couldnt be given the responsibility now.

It would also show appreciation of our local talent.

It's a good point. Without Jamie in the team we are reasonably leaderless, but to me we need that forward leader that inspires the hit ups. And yes that prototype for me is Ben Kennedy.

I've seen enough Jake T to believe he could be that guy (in the future), he already seems like a real organizing and get up and go forward, but we need that BK style leader that the forwards hop in line behind.

Ben Kennedy, along with the great things he did in his 2 years for the Eagles, was a part of the biggest loss in our club's history, the 68-8 loss to the Sharks in 2005.

But he was also a part of this -

Ben Kennedy, along with the great things he did in his 2 years for the Eagles, was a part of the biggest loss in our club's history, the 68-8 loss to the Sharks in 2005.

But he was also a part of this -

LOL, Monaghan and Witt look like they could teach Foran and DCE a few things !!

One thing you could never accuse Monas of lacking was passion for his jersey, some times I thought it was too much

Gabriel Landeskog was named Colorado Avalanches captain in front of Hall of Famers in Jarome Iginla and others, and has been one of the best captains I have seen.

He was 17 - 18 years old.

The reason he was a leader because he was mature beyond his years, had the capacity to rally his players in the darkest periods of the game, and bleeds the jersey.

I see why no reason, given some character advice from some appropriate mentors, he couldnt be given the responsibility now.

It would also show appreciation of our local talent.

Pretty sure Landeskog has been captain there for a few years ,this was Iginla's first season with them.
I had him in my fantasy team this year ,He had a good year with close to 60 points.

Pretty sure Landeskog has been captain there for a few years ,this was Iginla's first season with them.
I had him in my fantasy team this year ,He had a good year with close to 60 points.

Yup, and youngest ever captain to boot. Avs came 3rd overall the year he was named. Can't see why we can't replicate that with Jake. The issue is you kind of need a players who's on the field for most of the game.

Yup, and youngest ever captain to boot. Avs came 3rd overall the year he was named. Can't see why we can't replicate that with Jake. The issue is you kind of need a players who's on the field for most of the game.
2015 - year of the Habs

Leaders....Matai, Lyon, Stewart & Ballin.
As far as enforcers, its a worry the biggest enforcers include a young pup in the front row & a centre, but thats basically it - theres NO fear factor & thats an issue.
Opposition used to dread playing Manly, as regardless of the result which was usually a shellacking - they struggled to walk for 3 days after - now they could possibly back up & play the next day.

2V doesn't' t need a boot to be a leader. He just needs the ability. Its one thing to lead from the front, another to lead from the bleachers. Maybe he just doesn't have it in him.
We lead the comp last year and injuries at the end denied us in the finals
2013 we were robbed in the grand final against the roosters in a controversial game in which there were many contentious decisions made by incompetent referees Hayne and Cummins,
2012 in his first year as coach after the dramatic exit by Hasler and board room dramas and disharmony the club came to within one game of the grand final but lost to Melbourne.
This year he has the worst injury toll and the worst pack of forwards in the nrl to work with .
Maybe you have no idea what you are talking about

2013 we were robbed in the grand final against the roosters in a controversial game in which there were many contentious decisions made by incompetent referees Hayne and Cummins,
2013 in his first year as coach after the dramatic exit by Hasler and board room dramas and disharmony the club came to within one game of the grand final but lost to Melbourne.
This year he has the worst injury toll and the worst pack of forwards in the nrl to work with .

Here Here

If this side was at full strength and had been playing this bad then only then would I start to question 2V's coaching!!

He is doing his best with what he has on offer. He should at least be given until the end of the season before his position is reviewed.

Would be crazy in my mind to punt Him mid season but who really knows what is going on behind close doors - if he really has lost the support of the playing group then he will be punted.

2012 in his first year as coach after the dramatic exit by Hasler and board room dramas and disharmony the club came to within one game of the grand final but lost to Melbourne.

Maybe the Leaders always were Gifty, Choc, FOZ, Snake, Lyon.
Ever consider that?

With Foz and Snake seemingly disinterested/upset, whatever the case may be, 2V could fill that gap. Not sure he has.

Do you know what your talking about?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4