whichever way I look at it = major problem

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Being a relatively young fella (late 20's), i still get pretty moody after a loss, especially if we don't play well. The misses knows to stay away and the only thing that sort of keeps me grounded is that i have to put on a brave face for the kids. Can't exactly go smashing things around the joint with the kids around now can i... although i would never do that anyway.

I know what some of the posters are saying. Having build a great team and getting the GF win give us great expectations of a Melbourne like dynesty. But we all know how they managed to keep that dynesty.

We were always going to have to rebuild, and everytime i feel down and out about our beloved team, i just chuck in the 08 season highlights and it always perks me back up.

Honestly, it will be a tough gig for us to get back to how good we were in 08 for a few years to come. Let's just all be thankful that we have a competitive team that still have a good chance to make a difference in this comp. Think back 10 years ago and be thankful we have the team we have now.

At my age I should have matured but tell me, fellow Manly tragics, do you have trouble sleeping after a Manly loss like me?
I know it is childish but I toss and turn for hours, going over what went wrong and what can be done to remedy it. Consequently, I was not at my best on Tuesday.
Am I alone?

Walk on through the wind,
Walk on through the rain,
Tho' your dreams be tossed and blown.Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone,
You'll never walk alone.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
Walk on through the wind,
Walk on through the rain,
Tho' your dreams be tossed and blown.Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone,
You'll never walk alone.

No, I can still WALK after a loss, I just can't SLEEP!

Barry Hyland link said:
At my age I should have matured but tell me, fellow Manly tragics, do you have trouble sleeping after a Manly loss like me?
I know it is childish but I toss and turn for hours, going over what went wrong and what can be done to remedy it. Consequently, I was not at my best on Tuesday.
Am I alone?

You are not alone Barry. I never have a good sleep after a loss. It's been that way for 35 years for me and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

I get really dark when we lose
as does my mate cf2
Dan has the magic key to this or so he says
I don't yet
I don't mind so much if we lose having put in and had a decent go
but losses like Monday night when EVERYONE knows we are the way better side gut me bad
because it didn't look like the players gave a stuff

The worst possible thing you can do after a loss is get on here, it's so damn depressing, with everyone bagging everything and anyone.

But I agree Monday night was really bad, they ust didn't look like the wanted to be there

Barry Hyland link said:
Am I alone?

You are never alone Barry as we are always with you.  In fact we are with you when you are asleep and even when you can't sleep. 

My main concern right now is the problem we have stringing wins together, we can do 2 and then lose, with the comp being so tight and at this end of the season that is not good.  Are we honestly up for putting enough wins together to take us through finals, I am just not that confident.  
Also, I think we all have high expectations, we have had a good few years recently and want that to continue that roll, but again with an even comp every team struggles to maintain that level for years on end (apart from the scum and we don't want to go there)

kingyfan link said:
[quote author=Barry Hyland link=topic=184490.msg281918#msg281918 date=1281054232]
Am I alone?

You are never alone Barry as we are always with you.  In fact we are with you when you are asleep and even when you can't sleep. 
[/quote]
Oh I get it the problem is sleeping alone? This is not really a dating site Barry (despite some of Ryan's shenanigans)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7