Who do you prefer to win the GF?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who will you be cheering for in the GF?

• Parra

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Storm

• Neither they are both scum

• Total voters

clontaago

First Grader
Parra for me. Only because I live in Melbourne and have to suffer Mexican morons who dont even know the rules.

The eels. The look on Smith, Slater, Cronk, Bellamy faces after last years loss was priceless and worth seeing again.

My team is gone, they are all gone except probably the two teams most disliked by my kind (Manly fans). So I want the game to be the winner. In golden point. A very narrow win for the game - over the officials.

I want no thought for self-preservation. I want passion and choreography. I want drama, I want breathtaking skill, I want excitement, I want a grandstand finish. I do not want controversy but really I probably do, it is in the fabric of the game (denim).

Above all else I hope someone takes out Billy Slater the way Brett Stewart was taken out in the 2007 decider. I know I'm greedy but is that too much to hope for?

I want Melbourne to win despite my total hatred of them, in order that Parra have to wait longer for that elusive premiership since 1986.

byso link said:
Storm because I know so many Parra supporters.

Bingo.

I don't know a single Storm fan, but I know loads of Parra fans who will rub it in deluxe if the Eels get up.

Also, I've put a number of bets on the Storm over the past month so if they get up it will be financially more beneficial for me...

How can you hate the storm more than parra, we lost twice to parra in a row in the 80's. That was a nightmare.

At least we beat the storm last year. Surely it's only under 30 year olds that could go for parra in anything.

byso link said:
How can you hate the storm more than parra, we lost twice to parra in a row in the 80's. That was a nightmare.

At least we beat the storm last year. Surely it's only under 30 year olds that could go for parra in anything.

I was 7 in 1990 - I don't remember the games in the 80's. So I fit your criteria. My Grandmother on the other hand wont even think of going for the Eels as she remembers the 80's quite well.

ads link said:
[quote author=byso link=topic=181847.msg243704#msg243704 date=1254360283]

I was 7 in 1990 - I don't remember the games in the 80's. So I fit your criteria. My Grandmother on the other hand wont even think of going for the Eels as she remembers the 80's quite well.
[/quote]

Not that I'm trying to imply that you're all old or anything.

ads link said:

[/quote]

Does it have to be about personal memories or can it be about tradition, something bigger than the individual supporter?

I feel that supporting a footy club in instances like this would be a one in all in situation. I don't really remember the early 80's either but I just don't see supporting Parra as being my choice to make. It's in the unwritten contract when you wear the maroon & white merchandise.

Duff link said:
[quote author=ads link=topic=181847.msg243712#msg243712 date=1254364346]

[/quote]

Does it have to be about personal memories or can it be about tradition, something bigger than the individual supporter?

I feel that supporting a footy club in instances like this would be a one in all in situation. I don't really remember the early 80's either but I just don't see supporting Parra as being my choice to make. It's in the unwritten contract when you wear the maroon & white merchandise.
[/quote]

Possibly but I don't think it works like that. My second team is Canberra because I live here, not cause that's the official Manly 'back-up' team or anything. I don't give up my brain or emotions cause I go for Manly.

That said that main reason I hate the Eels is cause I know I'm supposed to. Brian Smith and Fitzgerald being there as well helped. However the Storm are fresh in my mind.

To me another point is if the Storm win they'll say last year was an abberation, if they lose it just shows they aren't good enough and our grand final win wont be any less than theres.

Also on the other criteria I know more Melbourne fans than Eels fans.

and it is also written the same about the storm, they are after all super leagues lovechild.

ads link said:

[/quote]

Well ads, start showing some respect for your grandmother and listen to what she tells you, you might even learn something from her as she sounds like a smart lady and in the words of Ali G (respect).

You never ever support the slime scum.

For me the teams I most dislike are :

1. Slime -Eels
2. Scum Chumps - Dogs
3. Rorters - Chooks
4. Shire Scum Gummies - Sharks
5. Donkey's - Broncos
6. News Ltd Inc Scum - Storm  

I don't care who wins. I hope they knock each senseless and there is no winner after golden point but I do believe the Storm have hit the better form and have the past experience to carry them over the line and they will reeling after last year’s loss.

My dislike of the Slime is due to our losses in the GF to them and Ray Price. Just never could like him not then and not now. Don't know why but maybe because of his silly stance facing the goal post when we were aiming for a penalty conversion.

Fluffy makes a good point I also have a dislike of any team that jumped to Super League.

Time may heal all wounds but memories will last a lifetime or at least until I get Alzheimer's..

ads link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=181847.msg243714#msg243714 date=1254366357]
[quote author=ads link=topic=181847.msg243712#msg243712 date=1254364346]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Possibly but I don't think it works like that. My second team is Canberra because I live here, not cause that's the official Manly 'back-up' team or anything. I don't give up my brain or emotions cause I go for Manly.

That said that main reason I hate the Eels is cause I know I'm supposed to. Brian Smith and Fitzgerald being there as well helped. However the Storm are fresh in my mind.

To me another point is if the Storm win they'll say last year was an abberation, if they lose it just shows they aren't good enough and our grand final win wont be any less than theres.

[/quote]

It's not giving up your brains or emotion, it's partaking in the triabalism.

My second team is Newcastle & I'm sure a lot of Manly fans would hate that.

ads link said:

Don't see the logic there tbh. If Melbourne lose, then people will call them chokers etc which would detract from our win last year. Melbourne winning will make them the team of the decade, therefore making the Manly win even better.

I am in the Under 30 group as well, and have no problem cheerig for Parra

The rivalry and tradition is great, but let's remember another thing

A little thing called Super League nearly took away everything from our club as we were on death's door. Melbourne are the Super Greed love child

Parra might be the emotional faves of most Sydneysiders vs the Storm (just like Manly was last year) and great to see young Mortimer and Robson doing well, but my feeling is that Melbourne could well steamroll poor hapless Parra on the day.

Cronk and co wouldn't have had one good night's sleep since the 2008 GF and would have woken up around 3 am every night mumbling "40-0 oh my god somebody stop it please etc". They obviously have the burning desire and the reason to win back the trophy haha and I hope they never forget that great caning in Oct 08!

Everything has stuck for Parra so far with their million lucky offloads per game etc and you can't rely on luck in grand finals as we know. If they don't have the footie gods smiling on them their inexperience could make them bunnies in the headlights like Manly was in the 2007 GF.

The Storm have lifted in the last several weeks to be at the dominant level that Manly lifted to in the 2008 finals series. I expect them to be ruthless and squash Parra, and hopefully that cheating grub Slater will do more feet first tackles and we might have the pleasure of seeing him sent off for once  ;D

Storm have benefitted from being rested after 1st week of finals just like Manly were last year.

Storm by 20 pts+  
thank goodness there is alcohol to turn to  ::)

Gen Y doing what Gen Y does. Making the rules up as they go along. No concern for history or traditions.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4