Who do You Rate??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
The Seaeagles are gliding along well & imo if play to potential can beat all. Who else do you consider a threat & why??
Stormscum- Quality 9,7 & 1 but lots of overall weaknesses.
Boncos- Experience & good youth but not quite a genuine threat.
Raiders- Without Campo & Dugan are a rabble.
Nth Qld- Contenders with gun key players.
Tigers- Imo the biggest threat with unpredictable style but leak plenty of points & can be frustrated into many errors.
NZ- Big fowards - quick backs -offloads- up there imo if they make it.
Pups- Good individuals but look lost as a team.
Interesting to see who ppl rate & why??

I think the Dragons are the only team capable of stopping Manly winning the comp. And vice versa. But I do believe Manly will win it.

bones said:
I think the Dragons are the only team capable of stopping Manly winning the comp. And vice versa. But I do believe Manly will win it.
I dont know if its my growing hate for Illawarra Bones but i find them overrated. Very disciplined & well drilled but predictable. Their position on the ladder & consistancy backs up your claim so it may just be my hate for the pr#*#.:p

Dragons - only real threat at the moment
Storm - tough run home with many away games, but the 9, 7, 1 will ensure they make the finals. Predicted finish 5th - 8th
Cowboys - usually win most of their home games so will probably finish top 4. If Thurston is still in form after Origin, theyll be hard to beat.
Warriors / Tigers - If either side gets on roll they can be dangerous come finals time. At this stage of the year, Im more worried about the Warriors, especially if they pinch a home final.
Broncos - I still dont rate them, and i dont care how many players they had out yesterday, but you dont lead by 24 points deep into the 2nd half and be forced to go to golden point to pick up a win.

It all comes down to the weekend before the GF, nothing else matters.

Bad luck, bad refereeing, injury, suspension etc on that day will determine who plays in the GF the next week.

The way it is I wouldnt be surprised if we had a GF without out Manly or St George as unlikely as that may be, it is possible.

Gold Coast Cronulla and Canberra are shot ducks. Roosters will be too if they don't win today. Of the rest, I only rate Illawarra as an excellent team at this stage, but I can imagine them faltering.

Cows Warriors Broncos most likely to be dangers imo provided they keep building as the season unfolds.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Gold Coast Cronulla and Canberra are shot ducks. Roosters will be too if they don't win today. Of the rest, I only rate Illawarra as an excellent team at this stage, but I can imagine them faltering.

Cows Warriors Broncos most likely to be dangers imo provided they keep building as the season unfolds.

Yeh forget to mention Roosters who last season got by on the perfect run 2nd half of season- like the game against Manly - opposition players injured,ridiculous calls ect. Shot birds in 2011.

If all goes to plan St Merge and Manly will be playing for the GF on October the 2nd (or whatever tha date is). At this stage of the season they are the two form teams.

Geez isn't it great to say that!!

St George, Cowboys, Tigers, Warriors and Broncos. All these sides will be a danger come finals time. I don't rate the Storm this year, ive been watching their games and they have been very sloppy. Roosters will beat them tonight.

Dragons only threat-at least they are well coached and have proper game plans. The rest are making up the numbers. Warriors are the new Parra-they could beat anyone on their day....except Manly.
Manly should be 6/4 favorites if I framed the market. Betchoice still has them at $5.50 for all those who missed out on the juicy 26 to 1 odds on offer early this year.
I suggest you invest some of your hard earned on the boys!

Isn't the St George Dragons a dead club? :p

quinny said:
Dragons only threat-at least they are well coached and have proper game plans. The rest are making up the numbers. Warriors are the new Parra-they could beat anyone on their day....except Manly.
Manly should be 6/4 favorites if I framed the market. Betchoice still has them at $5.50 for all those who missed out on the juicy 26 to 1 odds on offer early this year.

You must be kidding if you think Stgeorge are the only team that can challenge us. When we beat the Broncos, Cowboys and Stgeorge at full strength i will be more convinced.

torana355 said:
quinny said:

You must be kidding if you think Stgeorge are the only team that can challenge us. When we beat the Broncos, Cowboys and Stgeorge at full strength i will be more convinced.

Thats right Torana-I am kidding mate.
Actually I changed my mind, I think whatever you say is right....happy!

the top 4 is set.

Sunts, Manly, Cowgirls and Stormscum.

Out side this, Only the tigeress are capable of leading a charge.

torana355 said:
quinny said:

You must be kidding if you think the Broncos are a threat. They have got nothing. They are punching way above their weight. We smashed them on their home turf. And if you think Lockyer and Thaiday would be such a difference, well then you are definately kidding.
Cowboys can play, but away from their home turf they are a different team.
When we play to our ability we are the best team in the comp.

Brookvale said:
the top 4 is set.

Sunts, Manly, Cowgirls and Stormscum.

Out side this, Only the tigeress are capable of leading a charge.

Kind of think your on the money there. Cowboys will dog it though!

Cows with Thurston are a different story to when we played them at Brookie. Tigers & Warriors could have big back ends to the season.

My main concern is that we are peaking too early. Maybe it's just that Manly & Saints really are in their own class this year but you don't win premierships in May & June.

Mostly I rate myself.

MPC75 said:
torana355 said:
quinny said:

You must be kidding if you think the Broncos are a threat. They have got nothing. They are punching way above their weight. We smashed them on their home turf. And if you think Lockyer and Thaiday would be such a difference, well then you are definately kidding.
Cowboys can play, but away from their home turf they are a different team.
When we play to our ability we are the best team in the comp.

Yep with Lockyer, Hodges and Thaiday they are a very different side. Take Foran, Lyon and King out of our side and we would also struggle. Cowboys have been playing well away from home with JT playing this year, if JT was playing i can guarantee they would have scored more points, not to mention the best front rower in the comp was missing from their side as well as Tonga. Don't get me wrong we are going well but we have not beat a full strength top side so far so don't blow your load just yet.

I only rate the storm after MANLY..
Steelers will go back to choking this Final series ..
dark horses...Broncs,Warriors..

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8