Who has entered

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So jealous that I missed out.

Don't know why my resume was overlooked.

At 49 years of age, I was old enough to play against them. I have rock hard abs, explosive speed off the mark, a left foot step to die for and dare I say, after 30 years of playing representative touch football, superior defensive and organisational skills.

Cliff is my all-time favourite league player. The term, God, has always been a good description. But I have managed to play in teams against him in touch that have got the better of him. If I may say, I played some of my best games ever against him. A truly surreal experience.

It was bamboozling to be lining up in defence against beaver then having him step back inside and not receive the ball. I then tried to adjust and mark garts, and when I was back pedaling nevin took the ball from cliffy on the angle and sped through. Truth be told if cliffy had passed to either beaver or Garts I would have missed them too most probably.

Shoe1 said:
It was bamboozling to be lining up in defence against beaver then having him step back inside and not receive the ball. I then tried to adjust and mark garts, and when I was back pedaling nevin took the ball from cliffy on the angle and sped through. Truth be told if cliffy had passed to either beaver or Garts I would have missed them too most probably.

You should let us know what you sorta said on your 'entry' form that made you ultra special!

silvertail said:

At 49 years of age, I was old enough to play against them. I have rock hard abs, explosive speed off the mark, a left foot step to die for and dare I say, after 30 years of playing representative touch football, superior defensive and organisational skills.

Cliff is my all-time favourite league player. The term, God, has always been a good description. But I have managed to play in teams against him in touch that have got the better of him. If I may say, I played some of my best games ever against him. A truly surreal experience.

Maybe you were too humble in your resume?

edit: just yanking the joke chain, no offence meant (obv) I should've included an emoticon!

globaleagle said:
Shoe1 said:

You should let us know what you sorta said on your 'entry' form that made you ultra special!

silvertail said:

Maybe you were too humble in your resume?

edit: just yanking the joke chain, no offence meant (obv) I should've included an emoticon!

Sweet. No offence taken.

I forgot to mention that I can throw an accurate left to right spiral pass and a fairly handy kicking game.

Should make an oldies game a regular event at Brookie at half time.

Clint said:
Where were you sitting during the game @Shoe1

I was on the hill pretty much level with the north try line.

My 25 word application is near the start of the thread. It's no better or worse than Clint's. They said they'd like to run the event again.

Some other info, josh perry is working on other member events for the nrl, not just manly. The knights called him a week back about playing this year, but he decided to stay retired. He said his knees are still good and doesn't want to stuff them. Has almost recovered from a torn pec that finished him at st Helen's last year.

There was a guy sitting next to us who had played on the game. He looked like he was over 6ft & when you described yourself as the size of a half back I figured it wasn't you. :p

Clint said:
There was a guy sitting next to us who had played on the game. He looked like he was over 6ft & when you described yourself as the size of a half back I figured it wasn't you. :p

There were a couple of tall blokes,

Shoe1 said:
My 25 word application is near the start of the thread. It's no better or worse than Clint's. They said they'd like to run the event again.

So it is, sorry about that.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4